Hulburg/TTF

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:52 am

hahaha u got owned by arilin
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:30 am

ya know i can always count on the bbs for a good laugh when i need it. flame on! Gura > Arilin
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:19 am

why Gura > Arilin? That's like Gura > Teyaha. no big movement there :P
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:45 am

actually i wasnt uber, i was less than uber. the fact that the guild did so well is testament to drabyl's leadership abilities. i was off shooting hot nekked women most of the raids.

i am still however proud of his accomplishment, so excuse me for thinking about it.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:59 am

Shar wrote:I'm pretty sure that saying "you are a tool, Arilin" is grammatically correct.

All your base are belong to Shar!
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:08 pm

Guys, chill out or this thread gets closed too. You realize we hate closing threads, right? There is no need for any of this personal insulting stuff. Take it OFF the bbs please, it's not welcome here.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:10 pm

Correction. I'm not looking for a fight, I'm looking for a good laugh! :mrgreen:
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:54 pm

try a mirror caedym.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:14 pm

Stamm wrote:
Arilin Nydelahar wrote:
Shar wrote:The staff arent perfect, believe me!

The staff isn't perfect, that is. Bad grammer, tsk.

If you were talking about a staff made of wood, then isn't would be the correct word to use. When you are talking about staff, which is plural, aren't is the correct word to use.

The staff isn't perfect.

"The staff" as it were, is a collective singular. It refers to every staff member as part of a single group without differentiating between them. The staff is one group, thus singular, although it is a collective group of individuals. Therefore, The staff isn't perfect.

And yes, I have a degree in english.

p.s. Arilin=Lemmywinks the Gerbil King
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:00 pm

thanuk wrote:The staff isn't perfect.

"The staff" as it were, is a collective singular. It refers to every staff member as part of a single group without differentiating between them. The staff is one group, thus singular, although it is a collective group of individuals. Therefore, The staff isn't perfect.

I don't think so. That was your name fool, not mine. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:52 pm

Gura wrote:try a mirror caedym.

Atleast it doesn't break when I look into it! :mrgreen:
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:56 pm

Caedym, stop it.

Now I'm mom? sheesh.

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:07 pm

But MOM!! He STARTED it! :mrgreen:

No Fair..
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:39 pm

actually you started this with your false accusation on the other topic. now u just brought your big mouth here so stfu and die already. i think caedym is sad cuz he has a small pipi.

Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:54 am

thanuk wrote:
Stamm wrote:
Arilin Nydelahar wrote:
Shar wrote:The staff arent perfect, believe me!

The staff isn't perfect, that is. Bad grammer, tsk.

If you were talking about a staff made of wood, then isn't would be the correct word to use. When you are talking about staff, which is plural, aren't is the correct word to use.

The staff isn't perfect.

If you had a degree in English, then I'm sure you would spell English with a capital E.

Aside from that, by your logic, I could say 'The Americans is the furthest ahead in the space race"

I don't think so.

Unlike Americans, English is my first language, so pardon me if I happen to know how to use it correctly.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:59 am

8)

That's the cool thing about the internet: You can claim anything you want, such as having an English degree, and there's very little way of disproving it.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:39 am

Worst part is, I still don't know who is right...damn Canadian education system 8)
Meatshield
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:46 am

Stamm wrote:Unlike Americans, English is my first language, so pardon me if I happen to know how to use it correctly.

No, because "Americans" is a plural noun and "staff" is singular. You could very well say "The population of America is the furthest ahead in the space race." That would be correct.

I will pardon you when you display some of this knowledge which you claim to possess.

Don't fuck with the Grammar Hammer.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:48 am

I agree with Thanuk's explanation.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:06 am

You guys are dorks. That is all. :)

Btw, I mean that in the nicest possible way. (I'm not excluded from this comment, sadly.)

Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:36 am

Shar wrote:You guys are dorks.

Mandatory webcomic link
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:20 pm

This just fits soooo perfectly with where this thread is going.

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame31.html
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:37 pm

Stamm wrote:
Aside from that, by your logic, I could say 'The Americans is the furthest ahead in the space race"

I don't think so.

Unlike Americans, English is my first language, so pardon me if I happen to know how to use it correctly.

If you had an english degree, you would spell it in a lowercase too, because it ain't worth a capital letter or the paper it's printed on. And yes I said ain't, which isn't a word. Nobody cares. Well except you of course, so let's try this again.

The Americans is the furthest ahead in the space race.

The letter S here makes it a plural. A plural is more than one, where as a singular, is one. So since "The Americans" is a plural, because of the letter s, it gets the plural of the verb, the verb being the action word which in this case is "is". The plural of is, is are. So you would say The Americans are the furthest ahead in the space race.

Now if you wanted to use the collective singular to refer to Americans, like oh, say, America, you would use the singular of the verb, which is "is." So you would say:

America is the furthest ahead in the space race.

Do you understand the difference now? Can you identify the nouns and verbs in the sentence?

For homework tonight, I want you to write me 10 sentences, and identify the nouns and verbs in them. Also list their tenses. Tomorrow, we will start learning about numbers.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:08 pm

Heh English isnt my native language so this discussion acutally made me curious.

Here is what Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English has to say:

staff - noun (countable + sing|pl verb) The group of workers who carry on a job or do the work of an organization esp. of a teaching or bussines organization: The school's staff is/are excellent. ; I have a staff of 15...
2. BrE members of such a group: She's in charge of about 20 staff

This leads me to Shar's conclusion ;)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:23 pm

So you concluded that we're dorks, after you looked something up in the dictionary....

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:28 pm

I wouldn't call you all dorks...

"Anal," maybe.
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:30 pm

Yep. Looking something up in dictionary seems better pick than starting a flame war :P. I called ya not b/c of your partial knowledge but b/c of picking up a fight b4 checking.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:50 pm

Mask, that website is cool. Thanks for the link!

I always thought I was a lurker, but now I know..

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame67.html

Mmmm Sojourners taste good, but i'm stuffed. Time for a swim.

Caedym Shadowstomp
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:06 pm

Ain't is a word. It's colloquial in the form 'I ain't'.
Kurtok
Sojourner

Postby Kurtok » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:56 am

Just a thought I had. Why not finish up Neverwinter City as a replacement for Hulburg? Take the best parts or modify Hulburg or whatever. Granted, Neverwinter is on the entire other side of the continent, but it could be a good replacement if done well enough. The location for Neverwinter has been around long enough, yet never been made. Its about time it get put in.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:21 pm

Stamm wrote:nor do I have a major in English, whatever that is.

"Read English at university"

[/American->English]
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:16 pm

Kurtok wrote:Just a thought I had. Why not finish up Neverwinter City as a replacement for Hulburg? Take the best parts or modify Hulburg or whatever. Granted, Neverwinter is on the entire other side of the continent, but it could be a good replacement if done well enough. The location for Neverwinter has been around long enough, yet never been made. Its about time it get put in.

Doubt they can do that with the copyright laws as they are.
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:30 pm

thanuk wrote:...And yes, I have a degree in english.

Excellent. Maybe you can answer this difficult question I've been pondering for quite some time:

Why is it that when I ask for no onions on my Big Mac there are always onions on my Big Mac?
:)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:45 pm

Rausrh wrote:

Excellent. Maybe you can answer this difficult question I've been pondering for quite some time:

Why is it that when I ask for no onions on my Big Mac there are always onions on my Big Mac?

Because more than likely the kid working at mcdonald's also has a bachelor degree in english, or some other such liberal arts bullshit degree which is worthless in the real world(they don't tell you that while you're paying tuition). Given the highly postmodern nature of such classes, said burger jockey has been taught to believe that there is no spoon, and as such, there is no onions, its all in your mind's perception. Therefore, the onions may be a part of your reality when eating the big mac, but it wasn't a part of their reality when building the big mac.

Either that, or its because they throw all the burgers into a big bin and then pull them out for each order, so the guy behind you got no onions on his big mac.

Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:46 pm

the same reason people post on this board when they have no clue whats going on....they're stupid! keep in mind that wasnt directed at anyone 8)

p.s. thanuk is a grandmotherfaulker

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:21 pm

More like, the kid behind the counter paid $25,000 for his History of Art History degree, and is now putting onions on burgers for $5.15 an hour in order to keep his electricity on. Nobody in the universe cares less about the quality of their job than someone working a low-paying service job. Take it from me.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Lalisa
Sojourner

Questions about removal of zones

Postby Lalisa » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:45 pm

I have a question about the removal of certain zones.

Will other zones/areas made by Shaundakul be removed also?
What about The Minotaur outpost and The North Moonsea Trail?

I have a little bit of trouble understanding why you don't remove all the zones he has made instead of just parts of his work. But of course, this is ultimately up to you, the staff.
Keran
Sojourner

I love you all

Postby Keran » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:56 am

Sorry, it's off topic but had to be said. Long live the MUD!

Toarn
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm

Rausrh wrote:

Cuz, like the rest of the world, he knows you're a dick and puts them on to cover up the spit. 8)

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”