spob

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:07 pm

Zoldren wrote:http://www.pinkspage.com/

one of many of my sites lol :D

Damn pinky's hotttttttttttttt
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:00 am

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:
Stamm wrote:Point was that zones are only dangerous CRs because of unintential things like crashes.

Shouldn't really have to take crashes into account when deciding what zone to do. That seems kinda wrong to me.

Ah, but you should. Even crypts can take 10 hrs of CRing given 4 crashes and a reboot.

And yeah, it is wrong :cry:
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:00 pm

While gear changes may come in and shift our perspective on SPoB, currently mage items are way abobve anything else in the game and you can get lots of them per trip. Why the pending equipment balancing can be used as a defense for SPoB / Seelie items the current perception is that caster hitpoints would be lowered after gear balancing and hitter hit/dam incerased; SPoB does not reflect this vision at all.

Examining mage gear - in the lowest band - the loop is just silly, it outclasses anything in the game and maybe only serves to make ET earring not look so buff / blown out anymore. Legs and gloves also fit into the uber category, this is the lowest band of EQ in SPoB. Most items of this band are excellent. The middle band also contanis superior items including hitpoint wise to anything else available. The top band while it should be good, that shroud is just ... well it has everything, I wish my warrior could wear it even with the extra int. Again these items to not fit the player perception of gear balancing also serving to lower mage hitpoints?

Warrior gear is okay, however it very much fits into niche areas. How many warriors need maxcon?

Rogue seems reasonable from what I have seen (havn't seen all of it, some useless items some good items). I don't know much about cleric gear.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:29 pm

If it was you Gormal, we'd assume it was 10/28 bunk mates that have helped you 'Press' you uniform.
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:07 pm

Sarell wrote:While gear changes may come in and shift our perspective on SPoB, currently mage items are way abobve anything else in the game and you can get lots of them per trip. Why the pending equipment balancing can be used as a defense for SPoB / Seelie items the current perception is that caster hitpoints would be lowered after gear balancing and hitter hit/dam incerased; SPoB does not reflect this vision at all.

Examining mage gear - in the lowest band - the loop is just silly, it outclasses anything in the game and maybe only serves to make ET earring not look so buff / blown out anymore. Legs and gloves also fit into the uber category, this is the lowest band of EQ in SPoB. Most items of this band are excellent. The middle band also contanis superior items including hitpoint wise to anything else available. The top band while it should be good, that shroud is just ... well it has everything, I wish my warrior could wear it even with the extra int. Again these items to not fit the player perception of gear balancing also serving to lower mage hitpoints?

Warrior gear is okay, however it very much fits into niche areas. How many warriors need maxcon?

Rogue seems reasonable from what I have seen (havn't seen all of it, some useless items some good items). I don't know much about cleric gear.

Hrmm.. no one implied spob wasn't getting adjusted with the rest of the eq.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:48 pm

While I think we all know differently, Sav. . . it was stated that the eq from the 'new zones' (Seelie, SpoB, PI, etc) were already 'balaced' and would not be changing along with the rest of the gear. In any event, we're glad to see everything is being taken into consideration =)

And aren't ya glad we're honest? Heck, we could just as easily be like ooh everythings fiiine. . . . ;) Anway. . . for the love of cabbage and nipple rings, put the changes in!!! (whomever is in charge of that!)

Lost =)
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:00 pm

nipple rings . . . does waelos know of upcoming new equipment locations?
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:43 pm

Waelos wrote:While I think we all know differently, Sav. . . it was stated that the eq from the 'new zones' (Seelie, SpoB, PI, etc) were already 'balaced' and would not be changing along with the rest of the gear. In any event, we're glad to see everything is being taken into consideration =)

And aren't ya glad we're honest? Heck, we could just as easily be like ooh everythings fiiine. . . . ;) Anway. . . for the love of cabbage and nipple rings, put the changes in!!! (whomever is in charge of that!)

Lost =)

Well, yes and no. The eq system is currently in its 14th/final revision... its been in development for about 9 months now. Some of those WERE done using earlier versions of the system and are therefore slightly out of whack.
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:11 am

Ah, ok. Gotcha! Not that I figured the system would be the end all be all of all things. . . I understand. Thanks for the info!

Lost =)
xa
Sojourner

Postby xa » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:42 am

jfjmwekgfmnkpnmgr
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:47 am

xa wrote:jfjmwekgfmnkpnmgr

I respectfully disagree.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:26 pm

Sad that this generated more responses than my Top 5 Features thread, in a fraction of the time.

P.S. Thanuk's mullet has no mom.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:28 pm

Shevarash wrote:P.S. Thanuk's mullet has no mom.

That's because my mullet is the MOAM(mother of all mullets)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:42 pm

thanuk wrote:As Zoldren once said, "its all pink on the inside".

Okay that was gross:)

bahahahahha
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:54 pm

Shevarash wrote:Sad that this generated more responses than my Top 5 Features thread, in a fraction of the time.

P.S. Thanuk's mullet has no mom.

my threads > yours
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”