EQ changes.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

EQ changes.

Postby Tanji Smanji » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:16 pm

Just wanted to post and see about getting some info on the status of the EQ changes. Most people read the new entry on the 17th of last month and assumed they would be patched in a few days. It's now over 2 weeks later and nothing. In the spirit of keeping us informed how bout some info?

Love,

Tanji
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm

I noticed that my tiny silver rings now are ac 3 and +1 hit, but they also give me 20 hit points. is that normal?
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:44 pm

Bump.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:47 pm

+1
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:28 am

http://members.tripod.com/mjsbbs/ms/interviews.html

Read Touk's interview for some insight as to whats going on.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:03 am

We can't just get an update from the imms on this? We have to go to a player run site to find out things? I'm totally fine with there being problems or needing code/ect to get things in but tell us something. You put an entry into the news that this stuff will be in very soon and then thats it, no one answers petitions on it, or they bitch at you for asking. Tell us whats going on so we know. It's not a hard thing to understand. I still believe a lot of overall bitching would be reduced by simply letting the players know whats goin on.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:17 am

Equipment changes will go in once code patch to move them is complete.

Dug
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:41 pm

Now we're in week three right?

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:02 pm

Three weeks to analyze and restat all the equipment in the mud? Three months would be a lot closer to the time needed, it seems.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:02 pm

No Ash. 3 weeks SINCE all the equipment has been restatted. :P
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:48 am

Ashiwi wrote:Three weeks to analyze and restat all the equipment in the mud? Three months would be a lot closer to the time needed, it seems.

they took 9 months after many revisions i believe. it's been 3 weeks since Dugmaren said he finished.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:47 pm

I guess I missed them saying they finished. I would have sworn they were still working on some of it. Either way, they'll get it done when they get it done... expecting volunteers to work harder and faster for you just because you expect them to seems kind of silly. Bumps in the road just happen sometimes... for all of us.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:51 pm

Oh, and which would you prefer first, eq changes or a secure server to host Sojourn so it won't end up going down for an extended period of time?
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:45 pm

EQ changes.

Serious.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:59 pm

Dizzin wrote:EQ changes.

Serious.

agree

Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:16 pm

EQ changes for sure. When they DO come in, everyone is going to be sitting around and ID'ing piles of stuff for two weeks anyway. Why not put the changes in ASAP and we can all use ALOT less bandwidth ID'ing eq for two weeks while the mud is on someone's cable modem? After we're done IDing stuff hopefully things will have been all fixed up! =)

Lost
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:27 pm

I just want them in because so many people are on idle atm till they're in. No one knows whats changing so most people aren't willing to do much. I want it in and overwith so things can get back to normal (heh).
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:17 pm

Definately the EQ changes. If they go in before any hosting hiatus, things will seem different when the mud gets up and running again and give some of us getting more and more jaded more reasons to endure the wait. I'm sure some of us would continue discussing and analyzing the changes even during the downtime, which would help keep interest going. As is, a prolonged downtime is just going to make me indulge in the new game release season that comes at the beginning of autumn.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:35 am

bump. sorry just wanted to be that guy.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:44 am

4 weeks, no eq changes

Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:58 pm

im sure now with the mud crap going on it will be even longer till we see this
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:03 pm

Dalar wrote:
Dizzin wrote:EQ changes.

Serious.

agree

me too!

Why? Because then the muds will share the eq changes (although maybe the eq changes are a reason (other than $) why the split is happening....)

-Sservis
Todrael group-says 'i keep it in a jar, not much gura could do with it'
Todrael group-says 'i do have plenty of holes though'
Gura group-says 'afk gettin bateries'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:28 pm

Lessee... if the eq changes are already finished in the test mud, then both games would have them after the split, but if one of the staff has to code a special patch of some kind in order to implement them into the playing mud, then they might be holding off to make sure they don't end up doing any work for their competition. Wasn't there supposed to be some special code for moving the eq changes over?
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:34 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Lessee... if the eq changes are already finished in the test mud, then both games would have them after the split, but if one of the staff has to code a special patch of some kind in order to implement them into the playing mud, then they might be holding off to make sure they don't end up doing any work for their competition. Wasn't there supposed to be some special code for moving the eq changes over?

It's this amazing bit of code called the "copy" command. The syntax works sort of like this: cp *.zon \sojourn\main\lib\world\zon\. or something along those lines depending on your directory structure. Very complicated.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:54 pm

Dlur wrote:It's this amazing bit of code called the "copy" command. The syntax works sort of like this: cp *.zon \sojourn\main\lib\world\zon\. or something along those lines depending on your directory structure. Very complicated.

Well that's what I thought, but I'd swear I read in one of these threads that it was just waiting on some special code to help it transfer over.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:47 am

Ashiwi wrote:Well that's what I thought, but I'd swear I read in one of these threads that it was just waiting on some special code to help it transfer over.

That is correct. I read that as well, in multiple places. Here are two quotes:

Erevan wrote:The wait on equip changes, to my knowledge, is because of some coding that needs to be done to convert items

Dugmaren wrote:Equipment changes will go in once code patch to move them is complete.

- Mike
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:37 pm

Yea, some of you guys might not remember, but not all the flags etc update on items when you change em.

A little while back some god was shouting about people with Magebanes sending them tells... apparently that was because the magebanes got !drop and some of the old ones didn't get updated, so they had to be manually swapped.

Now multiply that by the many thousands of items in the game.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:02 pm

I forgot to bring my calculator.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”