Chanter ideas

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Chanter ideas

Postby Teyaha » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:01 am

how about a con and agi spell? even an int/wis spell? hell how about a spell for all the stats that can be buffed?

it wouldnt be imbalancing i dont think, and would give us even more utility.

just a thought.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:02 pm

This would be great! Could you give them to lich/necro too since they also have the str spell? Trust me tey, you'd rather have a necro/lich use 3 pets to buff someone up then doing it as a chanter :wink:

Sesexe says, 'Oh gawd plz give me a con spell! I'll never get spob sleeves!'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:18 pm

ack! even more spells to add to spellup??

with all the eq available for those stats i'd heartily disagree
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:07 pm

how about a 10th or 8th circle damage spell! a 9th circle spell that buffs all stats by 4 points each, ummmm !stack but long duration
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Osil
Sojourner

Postby Osil » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:17 pm

I do think that enchanters would benefit from a few new spells to make their lives easier. One spell that would be very nice, would be a mass fly type spell. It doesn't seem unbalancing to have one spell that takes the place of a ton of individual spells.

Also a targeted dispel magic would be sweet. I could actually help out the cleric when people get pris paraed. Make it not work on blindness or poison since those seem more like something only a cleric would be able to cure. Also this spell will be useful simply to defly people in certain places without having to recast greater realms, scales, globes etc. It would also be nice to get rid of someones fading scale so I could put a fresh scale on them before a big fight. This spell will reduce the waiting around time that sometimes afflicts groups.

Finally I think bringing back haste items would be a nice step to make enchanters lives easier. This would mean that in most groups (without a Necro/Lich) someone other then the rogue will have haste on them. So far melee seems to really take a back seat to nukage much of the time. Haste items will do a little to balance out this disparity. Of course the haste items would come only from Bronze Citidel or something to make them sufficiently hard to get.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:22 pm

I would greatly greatly greatly love to see enchanters given a group fly and group reduce.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:38 pm

I asked for these a year ago... So I definitely agree with the ideas!
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:02 pm

Group haste
Osil
Sojourner

Postby Osil » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:37 pm

I was going to suggest group haste also. I was told though that it was really unbalancing but I can't figure out why. Can those in the know let me in on their reasoning?
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:31 pm

Daz wrote:how about a 10th or 8th circle damage spell! a 9th circle spell that buffs all stats by 4 points each, ummmm !stack but long duration

Umm... So like... What happens with dragonscales at the top circle...? You don't really expect to be able to use this 10th circle damage spell, do you? And we do have Blacklight Burst at 8th circle already... And why couldn't the buffing spell stack? *shrug* Strenght and Dexterity spells already stack... So does the illusionist spell Beautify. I would like a relative long duration if we were to get a spell like this, though.
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:50 pm

Osil wrote:I do think that enchanters would benefit from a few new spells to make their lives easier. One spell that would be very nice, would be a mass fly type spell. It doesn't seem unbalancing to have one spell that takes the place of a ton of individual spells.

Only problem I can see is that sometimes not all people in the group do want a fly spell, but prefer wings or something they can remove quick. Oh, and last time I checked, the duration of fly was almost two RL hours, so not really the spell you exhaust yourself casting.

Also a targeted dispel magic would be sweet. I could actually help out the cleric when people get pris paraed. Make it not work on blindness or poison since those seem more like something only a cleric would be able to cure. Also this spell will be useful simply to defly people in certain places without having to recast greater realms, scales, globes etc. It would also be nice to get rid of someones fading scale so I could put a fresh scale on them before a big fight. This spell will reduce the waiting around time that sometimes afflicts groups.

Uhmm... I'm not sure I understand you. We already have a Dispel Magic spell at 4th circle... And you first mention you would want this "new" spell to remove only paralayze, but then a few sentences later you want it to remove everything... Sounds to me like you actually are talking a lot about the cleric spell Divine Purification...
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"

--Futurama
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:15 am

i really dont see a need for anymore damage spells than we already have. it is, after all, not our primary function.

however i do like the group fly and group haste. since hast has had it's duration upped, how is that more unbalancing than group haste at the old duration?

and as for us having too many spells? take away enervate and stumble and fumble and all the other useless stuff and you'll see we really dont have THAT many. i would like to be a true enchanter and enchant all of your stats..

and i'll be damned if i'll be buffing everyone's con in a zone. one con buff to put you at that last notch maybe but if you are not a tank you may have an int buff or wis buff instead :P my idea was NOT to proliferate chanter abuse.
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:20 am

Hey! Enervate, fumble, stumble, ray, fearie fire, blind, feeblemind on a mob is a very useful combination in my opinion :wink:

--Futurama
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:41 am

Lenefir wrote:
Osil wrote:I do think that enchanters would benefit from a few new spells to make their lives easier. One spell that would be very nice, would be a mass fly type spell. It doesn't seem unbalancing to have one spell that takes the place of a ton of individual spells.

Only problem I can see is that sometimes not all people in the group do want a fly spell, but prefer wings or something they can remove quick. Oh, and last time I checked, the duration of fly was almost two RL hours, so not really the spell you exhaust yourself casting.

So they can wear wings before you cast the spell. And if they're the type of people that will prefer to wear fly eq (as sometimes it's necessary) the enchanter (a good one) will be communicating with them all the time anyways so they'll know when to wear the wings so the spell doesn't hit them.
Osil
Sojourner

Postby Osil » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:15 pm

Lenefir wrote:Only problem I can see is that sometimes not all people in the group do want a fly spell, but prefer wings or something they can remove quick. Oh, and last time I checked, the duration of fly was almost two RL hours, so not really the spell you exhaust yourself casting.

Well then they just wear their wings and the spell will fail on them. Kind of like how a mass invis doesn't work on a person that is already invis.

Lenefir wrote:Uhmm... I'm not sure I understand you. We already have a Dispel Magic spell at 4th circle... And you first mention you would want this "new" spell to remove only paralayze, but then a few sentences later you want it to remove everything... Sounds to me like you actually are talking a lot about the cleric spell Divine Purification...

No I don't want a new spell but just a tweak to the existing spell. The tweaked dispel magic would have two extra targets added to it. For instance you would type cast 'dispel magic' osil fly. This would dispel only my fly spell. And if a person got paraed. I would type cast 'dispel magic' hildibble major para. The tweaked spell wouldn't work on poison or blindness. You would still be able to nuke all the spells on someone but it would be something like cast 'dispel magic' osil all.
Osil
Sojourner

Postby Osil » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:54 pm

whoops double post
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:05 am

Please leave group hasting to the lichs and necros. It's one of those useful features:)
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:13 am

And Bards!

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”