Mobs sub-20 switching...

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Malacar
Sojourner

Mobs sub-20 switching...

Postby Malacar » Sat Mar 31, 2001 11:47 pm

It's a bit overkill. They are repeatedly switching, and even with 5 tanks, they can't keep up with this at their skill level. Can it get toned down a bit? I don't mind some switching, but at low levels, groups just aren't prepared to handle it... And god forbid new new characters getting mauled by this. Image

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Vlazik
Sojourner

Postby Vlazik » Sun Apr 01, 2001 2:47 pm

I have noticed this as well. It is very hard on the mages out there.

Vlazik
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:55 am

rofl Vlaz how many times have i missed xp by mobs switching on me??

and has mob AI increased .. or been imped to auto bash clerics?? :P

-Karikhann clericbait
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Mon Apr 02, 2001 11:28 am

As I posted in another thread, it seems that most warrior mobs of low level have skills that far surpass what they should be at their level. Just go to splitshield and fight a guard with a shield. It will shieldpunch you to death, as they never seem to miss and almost always stun you. I can count on 1 hand how many mobs I have stunned on my way to level 11.

Lyt/Vaaz

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:41 pm

Mobs switching, shieldpunching, etc before the appropriate level for warriors is a bug, it'll be fixed whenever it gets moved in.

As for the success frequency, it should be equivalent to a warrior of the appropriate level (give or take a little).

Yes, mob AI has been increased, you'll notice it especially warrior mobs. They'll start using some of those neat little tricks that you guys have been using against them for a while. Mobs will be picking a lot more on casters, as I'm sure clerics, mages and psis can attest to.

[This message has been edited by Kiaransalee (edited 04-02-2001).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:46 pm

I just hope we can survive that... The rate at which they switch(regardless of their level) is VERY VERY fast. Need 2-3 warriors just to keep up with that.. And forget jot 2nd gatehouse. That'll be pandemonium and mega-deaths.

We enchanters wont have enuff stones to get the entire group with stones and have enough to keep the tanks alive in a fight. Tho I imagine the alpha1 testers did some work with this, so I have hopes, and am assuming most of my fears are groundless.

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:54 pm

3 good warriors can keep the casters alive in 2nd gatehouse. Reason casters get funked now is because everyone's rescue skill is total crappola, and there's like 2 rounds lag on a failed rescue for the warrior (which is rather stupid).

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”