Enchanter Spell List

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Malacar
Sojourner

Enchanter Spell List

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:15 pm

Ok, I don't want an upgrade for the class, I like it pretty much how it is. I think the gods need to put their heads together, with or without folks who've played enchanters, and talk out some spell circles. Some are over-useful, others are unusable. I don't neccessarily want new spells(though an agility and constitution enhancing spell, a la 3rd edition, would rock), I just want them moved around a little... Some minor offense in 3rd circle would also be nice. Shocking grasp or somesuch.

Any other enchanters out there agree, at least in part?

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:21 pm

I really have no comments on enchanters.. I always felt they were fine Image

And 3rd circle offense isn't really worth it anyway... Cycling magic missiles seems better until cones anyway.

/Jegzed
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:23 pm

I did notice 3rd circle is lacking in any damage, but not sure I would twiddle too much with anything else. It's by far my favorite class. I'm pretty sure haste and stone are on different circles, at work so not for sure, but please keep these seperate. It's such a pain if you're in a group and have to keep switching spells while doing the same mobs.

It's a speed bump of a circle, but after it gettin in groups should be no problem. So in some sense it makes it a weeding out circle.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:28 pm

Yeah, I guess that was my point.. 3rd circle is virtually useless. Lactating Aboleth(heh) isn't that useful all the time, etc..

Dunno. I guess I just felt that one decent spell should be in there, but mebbe I'm just jealous. Image

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Valeos/Dorac
Sojourner

Postby Valeos/Dorac » Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:44 pm

I think for 3rd circle we just need ray dropped from 4th to 3rd and we would prolly be happy...also i still think enchanters should be the ones to get enchant weapon before those damn conjurers...i mean we are enchanters we enchant therefor we should get enchant weapone earlier...hell we should be the only ones with that spell...conjurers dont need it and even with it they make crappy weapons Image another idea would be maybe moving fireball up to 7th from 6th to give us a bit more damage xp...other than that the enchanters are good Image

just my 2 cents...not that they were ever worth anything Image
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Wed Apr 04, 2001 11:32 pm

I just want enchanters to get enchant weapon before conjuers do. Come on its rediculous that conjies get it first.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 05, 2001 12:17 am

In one thread, Malacar tells rangers they shouldn't have strength and dex spells, and to ask an enchanter. In the next thread on the list, he claims the circle with strength and dex is useless.

Silly enchanter!

Blink is maybe one of the most underrated zone spells ever. That is all.

- Ragorn
Valeos/Dorac
Sojourner

Postby Valeos/Dorac » Thu Apr 05, 2001 3:52 am

Blink is awfully handy in alot of situations but having a full spellslot filled with just blink sucks...id rather have other stuff to cast specially offence.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 05, 2001 1:31 pm

Thus my point of why the circle is useless. Noone asks us for it. If they asked, it wouldn't be so useless, but even then, folks feel guilty for repeatedly asking for ability buffing spells. I think the duration of the spells should be increased by 150% to 200%, then they would be great group-use spells.

Ray in 3rd would work nicely, actually.

Blink is nice, but let's face it... It's not useful in all situations. Image

------------------
Mal

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 05, 2001 3:30 pm

Yeah, true. 3rd circle has a bunch of very situational spells that aren't always useful. I don't know what could be done to fix it, really. Ray has been 4th circle since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and it's never been problematic there. Maybe put shocking grasp in, it's 2nd circle Invoker. I dunno.

- Ragorn
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 05, 2001 5:14 pm

That was my initial suggestion.. Shocking Grasp.

I'd also REALLY like to see Constitution based HP bonuses act like they do in the RPG.

So when you lose a con notch, you lose the associated hps. That would make con eq useful aside from just wearing when near a level and when getting a res. Would also prevent twinking a 'Constiution' spell. I think that all 4 physical stats should be able to be buffed. For the very very simple purpose that if one can, they all should. Continuity.

------------------
Mal

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”