mounted combat experience so far

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Glarec
Sojourner

mounted combat experience so far

Postby Glarec » Tue Apr 10, 2001 1:10 pm

it's great that the gods decide to grant us another great skills to our collection and give paladin a chance to utilize 1h weapons again. (of course detect magic for all magic using classes would be great too *hint* ) here are my thoughts after a little bit of testing the mounted combat and the problems i see so far:

i was testing this while fighting 3 shady mercenaries in wd one by one

fight 1: i start the fight and noticed that i got a "flank" block as a new skill Image the horse would also get into the fight and help out. a little into the fight however, the horse decides that he's a better tank and rescues me. after that i don't noticed what the difference between me mounted or not.. well besides that i can't bash and pick up stuffs on the ground.

fight 2: the horse would immediately try to rescue me not engaging.. after a couple of tries.. he succeeded in rescuing me and i had no choice but to assist. after a few rounds however, he decided he doesn't want to fight anymore and flees!! since it is a low ceiling room that he fled into, i wasn't able to flee with him and crashed onto the ground.. and mercenary attacks me instead :P so i had to solo to finish the fight.

fight 3: after getting the damn horse back, i started on the last one.. this time however the horse didn't respond at all! he didn't assist or rescue.. he just STANDS THERE.. grumble.. so i had to finish the fight myself.

so far the only benefit i see is the 'flank' block. i couldn't tell if i hit better or not because i don't use 1h sword and my skill really really suck; therefore, i miss alot regardless.

also, if we decide to use mounted combat religiously.. we'll have a mv problem because the horse's mv had been downgraded since trade(or is it my imagination?). and it take 2x the mv for the horse if we are mounted.

lastly, i understand that we aren't suppose to pick up items off the ground if we are mounted(unless we are very very talented, but then again, that can be a high lvl skill heh), but if we do drop our weapon.. we would have to dismount, pick up the weapon, and i don't think we can mount again because we are in a fight(haven't test that yet).

i understand mc is still in a very early stage of its development, so here are my 2c so far.. i'll post more when i can find out more Image

glarec the paly
Aedaris
Sojourner

Postby Aedaris » Tue Apr 10, 2001 2:37 pm

Ins't the poor horsy just going to bite it on the high level zones where invokers are gonna area. Or when they get switch to and die in one round or take an area from a mob. I dont see mounted combat doing having big effect on tanking.
agreiver
Sojourner

Postby agreiver » Wed Apr 11, 2001 10:40 am

Well the solution to that would be to give us better mounts at higher levels! ie, Griffons!
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Apr 11, 2001 11:56 am

I want a shambling mound! Special troll innate at level 50, summon shambling mound.

Shambling mount.. rofl
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:40 am

Bring back griffons...
er...

but giving 'em ress might be too much :P
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Tue Apr 17, 2001 9:20 am

Umm and remove the dragon flag on them as well Image

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”