those buggy rangers

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
izarek
Sojourner

those buggy rangers

Postby izarek » Sun May 06, 2001 11:05 pm

The ranger (at least the grey elf ones) seem to be in a state of flux so i wanna know if what im seeing is a bug or not.

grey elf dex attacks: i have the same dex i had in alpha2, but not seeing the extra attacks nearly as much (i.e. i saw them 1/6th of the time in alpha 2 and like 1/100 or less now). I've talked to a couple others and they say they have less now. Is this a change, a bug, or am i just missing somtthing.

shillelagh: i know ya guys up there are aware of it. Many rangers have asked me if i m having the same problem so i'm just posting it so they know

range code: any chance we can have the old one in for now until you get the new one in??

any other rangers noticing anything else??

Izzy/Raevith
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Sun May 06, 2001 11:13 pm

Sigh I want my archery back Image
I have a bow and everything to then when I try to fire...
Well just gotta be patient I guess
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon May 07, 2001 1:07 am

I'm itching to use my 700 darts I bought...

Yayaril
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Mon May 07, 2001 2:38 am

I seem to be getting more dex attacks actually, with a lower dexterity than I had before (heroic as opposed to perfect).
Ilisinth
Sojourner

Postby Ilisinth » Mon May 07, 2001 3:13 am

I don't get the dex hit with "good" dex. Also, all the new ranger spells are bugged, not just shill. Maybe not ALL, but I know goodberry is.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon May 07, 2001 3:39 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilisinth:
I don't get the dex hit with "good" dex. Also, all the new ranger spells are bugged, not just shill. Maybe not ALL, but I know goodberry is.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the current working theory is that something is wrong with spellcast nature. Image So all our non-nature spells might work ok... dunno though because I haven't tried the first circle ones and haven't gotten the second circle.

Sarvis
Ilisinth
Sojourner

Postby Ilisinth » Mon May 07, 2001 4:26 am

Notably, sticks to snakes doesn't work either, but FF and DI do.

Spellcast nature it is.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon May 07, 2001 7:06 pm

update on one of my questions/problems from earlier:

Dex bonus attacks: From re-rolling chars and talking to other elves, its beginning to seem like there are sub-notches in dex for the bonus attacks that dont match the +hit bonus from DEX. I doubt the gods will confirm or deny this, but this is what im thinking now since:

alpha2 ranger: mighty dex +7hit some extras
beta ranger 1: mighty dex +7hit rare extras
beta ranger 2: heroic dex +7hit some extras

*shrug*

Izzy
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Mon May 07, 2001 7:23 pm

Remember everything is just a roll of the dice. You might just be unlucky. Also, even tho your hit bonuses are nothced. I'm sure you could have had a low and high dex between the same two notches that affects your bonuses applied to your chance of an extra attack.

-Werg 'what was that? huh?'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”