Paladin mounts

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Aedarton
Sojourner

Paladin mounts

Postby Aedarton » Thu May 10, 2001 11:17 pm

I just made lvl 15 Image
My mount is pretty much worthless, even mounted. Was this intentional or am I missing something ?
Part of the tradeoff for only being able to kill only evil was the ability to solo with my horse. Now (summon mount) is no different than a mount bought in WD.
Hopefully it only something I am doing wrong or I might as well reroll a Warrior.
Please give me suggestions/feedback,
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Thu May 10, 2001 11:44 pm

Mounts no longer fight. However, mounted combat now works, and it rocks. Try it out, and don't forget to use charge!

Temp
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Thu May 10, 2001 11:54 pm

Thank you Image
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Fri May 11, 2001 12:55 am

I like the mounted combat, but I have little control over my mount.
It would be nice if I could order my mount to bash,charge, or rescue like I could do when unmounted.
Also, if I drop my weapon I cannot remount in combat, I have to flee. I think I should be able to remount since horse is not fighting.
Perhaps this will change as I get more levels ?
Uthgar
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Uthgar » Fri May 11, 2001 3:46 am

Yes, mounts no longer fight, although a few players are still using them to get a few hits in, but that loophole will be closed with next code port. However, mounted paladins, once accustomed to that mode, can fight a lot better than unmounted. And, yes, you will get better at getting your weapon from off the ground without losing your seat as your mounted combat skill improves.

Uthgar

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”