Feign Death feedback

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Bopple
Sojourner

Feign Death feedback

Postby Bopple » Thu Jun 21, 2001 2:08 am

Feign Death feedback going...

#1. Casting time is too long. 1 full round if quick chant kicks in. When ppl die, they die within 1-2 rounds. So you find someone nasty wounded and cast FD, it's too late. - but it's no big deal if compared to #2 and #3.

#2. FD'd crush the group. If i succeed in casting in time, and the mob fails the save roll, the mob go astray and will kill all the groupies one by one.

#3. FD'd smash the group. - FD will prevent the victim from being rescued and smash the group.

#4. Only one possible applicable situation of FD:
You group with the ppl you hate and go to dangerous place and fight nasty tracker. Then you cast feign death on the tank and flee. Cast mislead on yourself and run like hell.

Solutions:
#1. Make FD not instantenous spell, but lasting spell.
#2. The effect kicks in when the victim's hp reaches 0. The surplus dmg on victim transfered to the illusion and fake death message. The victim goes to sleep and hide. And stunned for some rounds.
#3. Make the success rate of FD high enough. i suggest 90% or higher.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sat Jun 23, 2001 7:29 am

Nice suggestions, I agree, would make it useful, maybe change the name of the spell to simulcrum or whatever that other spell people kept on talking about since that's what it would be more like.... that would be much more useful/practical than it is atm. Never even got it to work and too annoying/dangerous to test as is hehe.
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Mon Jun 25, 2001 5:10 am

btw when are they change self and such spells coming in? i dont have feign yet but hope to soon...

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”