Possible death+crash combo bug

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
gurzog
Sojourner

Possible death+crash combo bug

Postby gurzog » Tue Jun 26, 2001 3:23 pm

Someone might need to look at the code for when the mud moves equipment from player to player's corpse...Other day, group was in UM2, we fixing to do Agamon and mud crashed. After crash, we get back on and Thrankon, the eq looter for group, had no eq. After going back over the log, it looks like he hit a wrong macro and was singing charm when we entered Agamon room right before crash, so that explains death. But after retrieving his corpse, the eq we got from Ribcage was missing, all except a certain bag. We were missing certain ring, bracelet and boots, don't wanna mention exact eq, and give out information that people should find out on their own :P
Anyway, all I can assume is that the mud crashed in the middle of the eq transfer from Thrankon player object to Thrankon's corpse. Just posting this, not in an attempt to get eq reimbursment, but to just point out that maybe the code might need to be looked at. Could have something to do with when the different objects are saved and whatnot, but as I don't know the code, I dunno :)

gurzog
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Jun 26, 2001 3:30 pm

Yeah that sucked! woulda sucked worse if I didnt win that certain bag Image. Go figure the one time the bard doesnt stutter it gets him killed!
Kyos
Sojourner

Postby Kyos » Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:17 am

Could have been !rent eq?
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Jul 01, 2001 3:13 am

No... all of that eq was rentable. I was in attendance for the magical dissapearace also.

-Jaz

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”