Invoker Damage Exp

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Bipple
Sojourner

Invoker Damage Exp

Postby Bipple » Sun Jun 24, 2001 5:03 pm

I was just wondering if the removal of spell damage from Invokers was on purpose or if it's a bug. I've noticed all the other classes which get offensive spells seem to notch a lot faster during battles and invokers seem to get little to no exp from spell damage (don't think I've ever notched during a battle past lev 10).

I can understand if there is a decent reduction in exp from damage for invokers but the current amount seems to be a bit much considering our lack of defensive spells and the speed at which we die.
Uthgar
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Uthgar » Sun Jun 24, 2001 7:01 pm

I made an invoker late in Sojourn 2, when the damage experience modifier was already in place, and I still managed to rocket up levels to level 49 before the shut down. The modifier may make things a bit slow at the start, but in the end, invokers still level rapidly. The only gaters existing on the good race side so far are both invokers, and both ahead of their enchanter competition.

Uthgar
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Jun 24, 2001 9:48 pm

Before I sacrificed a week of exp in ice crag vault I was a level 40 enchanter and highest evil one.

The highest invoker was 43 and he had already been deleveled once from 43 to 40 and died like twice the amount of deaths I did.

Invoker exp is not THAT super hard..

/Jegzed
Kaeldar
Sojourner

Postby Kaeldar » Mon Jun 25, 2001 5:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Uthgar:
<B>The only gaters existing on the good race side so far are both invokers, and both ahead of their enchanter competition.

Uthgar</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*nod* me

------------------
What did you expect?
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Jul 01, 2001 2:08 am

Its not that tuff for enchanters Jegz... the only reason for my level advancement that you mentioned was playtime. I'm nearing 31 days.. you?

-Jaznolg Zra'Taeriz - Illusion innate pkiller
Kaeldar
Sojourner

Postby Kaeldar » Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:11 am

my play time is pretty high too
I don't think enchanters have it much harder, as everytime I've grouped with an enchanter they've notched faster than I

enjoy your spanky dmg bonus you ...enchanters

Kaeldar Kalaze
discruntled caster

------------------
What did you expect?

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”