Invoker Exp

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Invoker Exp

Postby Jurdex » Sun Jul 15, 2001 11:29 am

Its too hard.

I'm not even an invoker and I feel the pain they go through.

I recall druid exp being brutally difficult on previous incarnations of this mud, and Invoker exp is getting there.

I have grouped extensively with invokers on both wipes and I feel that the backlash of the overpowered and easy leveling invokers of Soj2 has been an overly harsh exp progression on Soj3. The two high level invokers on the goodie side are both not playing right now because if they die, they have to do a full day's worth of hardcore exp to make it up, let alone 2 or 3 deaths doing a zone..

A couple levels lower invoker gets a large amount less exp than I do..

I honestly feel it is unbearable and deserving a look at.

Just my two cents. Image

Jurdex
Dornax

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 07-15-2001).]
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Sun Jul 15, 2001 3:55 pm

I think if they reduced exp loss for death to 10% it would make zoning a lot more fun. The current amount is way to steep for the time it takes to get exp back, especially with the lack of ressers on the good side.

Or even better make exp harder, get rid of exp loss on death completely and lose prestige on death (500 per death or so). If/when you run out of prestige completely you start to lose exp. Res would restore the prestige and if you lose your corpse you would just need to do whatever it is that gets you more prestige :P

[This message has been edited by Bipple (edited 07-15-2001).]
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:14 pm

You got enough people on goodie side to have done ress already.
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Sun Jul 15, 2001 6:17 pm

What about adding a quest spell that's maybe 7th-8th circle that reduces exp loss by a bit when you die, but prevents the target's corpse from being ressed later... maybe it only reduces the exp loss by 10-15%, but it's something that's more do-able for the slighly lower-level character, and makes things a bit less painful while zoning.

-Xebes.
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Mon Jul 16, 2001 1:36 am

You think invoker xp is bad? Try enchanter. No matter what type of group I'm in (everyone lower level than me, everyone higher level than me, big groups, small groups), no matter what I do - I always lag behind people in xp constantly.

Maybe the mage xp tables need to be looked at?
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Mon Jul 16, 2001 3:51 am

Conjurers are in the same boat as enchanters. We have crappy exp tables, and we have even less offensive spells than you do too. Its the life of a mage on a mud that is so emphatic about grouping. In AD&D high level mages own just about everything. Too bad it doesn't hold true on here Image

Lyt
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Jul 16, 2001 7:43 am

Jegzed gets more xp than me if he casts offense, so that isn't true. Just bring 2 enchanters and have each of them alternate stone a pop while the other casts offense.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Mon Jul 16, 2001 8:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jurdex:
<B>Its too hard.

I'm not even an invoker and I feel the pain they go through.

A couple levels lower invoker gets a large amount less exp than I do..

I honestly feel it is unbearable and deserving a look at.

Jurdex
Dornax
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well.. you are right about this. I am not one to complain since I mud fulltime. You should have noticed by now that the gods don't want everyone and thier brother running out and rolling an invoker. There are many many drawbacks to this class that other classes do not have to tolerate. You wanna do awesome damage with no penalties to exp or area effect spellcasting play an Illithid or a Necromancer... alas.. I am sorry I didnt. Dunno about druids.. but I imagine they get nice damage exp.

-Jaznolg

[This message has been edited by Jaznolg (edited 07-16-2001).]
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Mon Jul 16, 2001 4:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Just bring 2 enchanters and have each of them alternate stone a pop while the other casts offense</font>

I'd love that. The only problem with that is finding a group willing to bring along 2 enchanters for that purpose. When I get pulled into xp groups, my sole purpose is to mem haste/stone/blur then remem while the fight is going on. Fighters always want to go nonstop xping, they hate waiting for mages/clerics to remem/repray. And even if a group did want to bring along a mage for offense, they'd grab an invoker, not a second enchanter. Enchanters really need some way to get enchantment xp.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Jul 16, 2001 4:30 pm

Amen, Galor. That is/was my hugest pet peeve. Memming out is gay.

Fighter lags... Oh no! I missed exp again! When I'm the one getting the least already!

Of course, you try and explain this to a warrior and they shrug it off like you're being a whiney ass.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Amen, Galor. That is/was my hugest pet peeve. Memming out is gay.

I hope your joking! Memming out means considerably more exps for everyone involved. If your tearing right along the enchanter gets nice exps as well. I'm very much in favor of giving exps to enchanters for hits they stopped, but lets get real here, without memming out exping for all would be horrendous. If you have a decent tank for exping purposes, your enchanter should have time to spray and mem.
Belle
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:50 pm

Is that really the way among goodies that you dont group as many of your friends as you can ?

WHY wouldn't a group NOT keep 2 enchanters or 3 if thats whats online?

/Jegzed
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:24 pm

Jeg, could it be that there's never enough enchanters? :-)

Seems like someone that's formin' up a group always needs a stoner, havin' two in yours means the next group won't have one, or something like that.

and malacar, us enchanters know the warriors just want more exp for themselves anyways :-p

*wonders if he's making any sense this early in the day*

-Xebes.
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:28 pm

there are NEVER enough enchanters on the goodie side, let along enough to bring 2 or 3 into a group.. heck, MOST times, we do without an enchanter and use shaman for stones. Pathetic I tell you!!!

Please roll more staple classes!!! Image

snicker
Nitania
Depok
Sojourner

Postby Depok » Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:46 pm

I originally rolled an invoker and baged it at about level 7 for my Shaman. I agree that the casters in general are getting less exp. I have grouped with many warriors that asked me to mem out which doesnt work well for us barbarians because we're stupid and mem times are long. It gets even harder when you have a pet because when you leave they hitall and everyone dies or flees and then spirit dies (or you take a chance on dieing when you go in to order it to flee).
At this point I almost always lead the groups so I can set the rules.

Have you all noticed how few high level casters there are? The ones that are making it are the ones that have some form of pet and can solo some (druid, illusionist, shaman). I can tell you its boring to solo but only way to really get exp at this point.

If the invokers are doing the most damage on the mud why is it that they can't level?
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:48 pm

stable class i agree. but who want to do it. with enchanter being so hard to lvl. i have a cleric but i play invoker cuz it's so much easier. so wants hard life of snake when drow are so much easier. so wants to play enchanter when warriors are so much easier. tol stopped vintol (invoker) cuz warriors so much easier. gods dont make other classes harder. it's balance i repeat dont make other classes harder.
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Mon Jul 16, 2001 7:18 pm

heh sok, I play an enchanter cause I think the class is awesome. Level 17 now, about 70hrs ptime, not quite sure how that compares to warrior classes, maybe it's a bit harder.

Though it was funny grouping with a couple paladins, yesterday they were the same level as me, now they're ahead by 4-5 levels or so *mutter*

-Xebes.
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Mon Jul 16, 2001 10:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Depok:

If the invokers are doing the most damage on the mud why is it that they can't level?

[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damage exp was almost completly removed from invokers, they get less than any other mage class.
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Jul 17, 2001 2:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I hope your joking! Memming out means considerably more exps for everyone involved</font>

Umm, no. It's more xp for the hitters and tanks yes, but most certainly not for us enchanters who are doing nothing but stoning/hasting and memming out. Not only are we casting 0 offense, but we miss kill exp every time someone's late in telling us pretty hurt or awful.

By far the best xp I get is when I'm either by myself or with a single tank that lets me do something besides stone/haste. I get to mem stones, 1 or 2 hastes, and the rest offense. We can rock 2-4 mobs, then rest for 150-200 secs. This works especially well with a paladin because they need to pray too.

I've just about given up on joining xp groups. I really hate just being dragged arond only to stone/haste and sit in an adjacent room while the fight goes on. We've got so many cool offensive enchantment spells, but we never get to use them because all anyone wants in xp groups is stone/haste - there's no time to cast anything else. It's no fun in the slightest. And when you add in the fact that I get sucky exp compared to everyone else, it just doesn't work for me at all. That's probably the main reason why you don't see a lot of enchanters in xp groups.

[This message has been edited by Galorion (edited 07-16-2001).]
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:01 pm

Ya know, this is pretty pathetic to hear. Blahblahwhinewhine I can't get xp because the tank won't let me be in the room.

Please, lead your own freaking group, make your own freaking rules, mem all offense for all I care, just don't whine about other people leading. Everyone has the chance to do it, and there are plenty of people out there soloing for no good reason because they "think" everyone gives a dang about how groups actually run.

I honestly don't know many people who can honestly say they get better experience solo, then with even 1 other person, and yet all these people are constantly saying "all I can do is solo". Start making your own groups enchanters! You know how to lead certain xp areas, you know what people you need to get things done. Best of all, you know you can control the speed of YOUR xp, and not have to put up with whining.

If enchanters start getting xp for enchantments, then why shouldn't necro's get xp for raising corpses?... *shrug*

Anyhow, if you seriously can't find people that don't care what's going on, as long as they are *in* a group, look me up. I do what I'm told, I don't say much, and I do my job.

Twyl don't say nothin in groups that aren't his, and don't care if he's not getting hasted. I hit therefore I am. There is no solo.
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:07 pm

Enchanters and shamans get better xp solo till about level 31. Invokers get MUCH better xp solo if they build they'r char that way till level 31.

And yes, a lot of warriors are preventing enchanters from getting desent xp by not letting them use they'r offensive spells. And only let them mem outside then room. As if warriors are they only class who my do dammage. And be in the combat fun. I need to agre it would be insane to let an enchanter cast all they'r offensive spells but a few would be a nice xp nodge for them.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:09 pm

Quit whining.

Enchanters level fine with memming outside and with warriors.

/Jegzed
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galorion:
<B> Umm, no. It's more xp for the hitters and tanks yes, but most certainly not for us enchanters who are doing nothing but stoning/hasting and memming out. Not only are we casting 0 offense, but we miss kill exp every time someone's late in telling us pretty hurt or awful.

By far the best xp I get is when I'm either by myself or with a single tank that lets me do something besides stone/haste. I get to mem stones, 1 or 2 hastes, and the rest offense. We can rock 2-4 mobs, then rest for 150-200 secs. This works especially well with a paladin because they need to pray too.

I've just about given up on joining xp groups. I really hate just being dragged arond only to stone/haste and sit in an adjacent room while the fight goes on. We've got so many cool offensive enchantment spells, but we never get to use them because all anyone wants in xp groups is stone/haste - there's no time to cast anything else. It's no fun in the slightest. And when you add in the fact that I get sucky exp compared to everyone else, it just doesn't work for me at all. That's probably the main reason why you don't see a lot of enchanters in xp groups.

Sounds like your problems stem more with the groups your in, then memming out. A good group wont let an enchanter miss exps. Talk to the highest enchanters, they all mem out, and its not a coincidence. Invokers seem to have a much harder time leveling than enchanters.
Faedril
Sojourner

Postby Faedril » Tue Jul 17, 2001 3:47 pm

Personally i like to see all mage/cleric classes cast their spells as long as they do it intelligently. Its when they cast a stone, unload all of their magic missiles, then don't come back to stone until tank is dead. Or its when you say ok, cast offense and they unload every single spell down to the last 2 damage offense and have to mem for 10 minutes to kill the next mob. Thats a waste of time pure and simple... you don't (hopefully) do it when soloing, so why do it when grouping? I forget which circle fireball and cone are in, but go in, cast a stone, fireball, cone, then go remem and repeat. You'll keep up and do damage. Replace with pris, blacklight, etc. when applicable. Also, use those enchantment spells. I can't begin to convey how many less stones you'll be casting if you blur the tank and fumble and ray the mob.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Jul 17, 2001 4:14 pm

I had this huge response typed out, but said 'fuckit' not worth getting riled over.

Simply put? Don't call someone a whiner til you've played the class(Like Jegzed has, his opinion carries weight in this topic. He knows the class. He knows what's involved. Same with Galor). It just makes you look ignorant.

(Oh, and I learned the above the hard way.)

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.

[This message has been edited by Malacar (edited 07-17-2001).]
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Tue Jul 17, 2001 5:00 pm

Doing exp as a caster is all about finding a rhythm in the group you're in.

During the first couple kills with that group, you can find out for yourself just how many spells you can cast and have the time to mem.

Also, memming out is more and more practical at higher-levels. Lowlevel enchanters have much higher memtimes, while the mobs don't take nearly as long to kill. So if you cast 2 hastes and 2 stones, for example, during a fight, you might be able to remem a total of 1 stone and maybe 1 haste before the mob's at awful.

I'll be grateful when I get to higher levels so I _can_ mem out and the group's not always waiting on the slow-memming enchanter :-)

Ok, so what does this mean for my groups? Means my best friends are paladins for exp. I can unload some damage, mem some of it back, and get to a point where my mems between battle are within 5-10 seconds of their praytime. Works _perfectly_.

And of COURSE I know I'm gonna exp slower than the hitters, but does it really matter? I'm getting exp steadily, gaining a level or so every day, and in general, enjoying playing the class. I'll be level 40+ someday and get into the nice fun zone groups, I know that.
Hell, if I could get up to level 40 any faster, would there be a point in playing the MUD? I'd get bored with it a lot sooner.

Might be nice to see exp a little bit harder for the hitter classes, making it much easier on the casters imo would be a mistake.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Jul 17, 2001 5:43 pm

The thing I don't get is why paladins are supposedly famous for group mems. I don't usually sit down to mem unless all the exp mobs are dead. Still, I couldve sworn that the enchanters I group with get a decent amount of exp and typically get to nuke a number of times during each fight...

Another way to get more enchanter exp is let them get "tank exp" for a few rounds... hmmm maybe I should try that. Oh man that would be fun!

Hyldryn says "Stone/blur yourself and go on reaver, pls"
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jul 17, 2001 6:47 pm

snicker hyld :P

Actually, in our exp group last night I was notching faster when our group was lacking hitters, so I could cast offensive and pray out a few times. Damage exp for clerics is quite nice, but it doesn't occur very often.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Jul 17, 2001 7:00 pm

You mean the "3 F001s exp Gr0up"(tm)?
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:45 pm

First off, those of you with the whining comments can take take them and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. I like the enchanter class a lot and will continue to play it. I'm not complaining, simply explaining why standard xp groups generally don't work well for me. If you have some constructive ideas of how I can get better xp in groups, then I'm all ears, but if you're just going to come out with the 'quit whining' comments, then don't bother. It doesn't do anything but start flamewars.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Personally i like to see all mage/cleric classes cast their spells as long as they do it intelligently. Its when they cast a stone, unload all of their magic missiles, then don't come back to stone until tank is dead. Or its when you say ok, cast offense and they unload every single spell down to the last 2 damage offense and have to mem for 10 minutes to kill the next mob. Thats a waste of time pure and simple... you don't (hopefully) do it when soloing, so why do it when grouping? I forget which circle fireball and cone are in, but go in, cast a stone, fireball, cone, then go remem and repeat. You'll keep up and do damage. Replace with pris, blacklight, etc. when applicable. Also, use those enchantment spells. I can't begin to convey how many less stones you'll be casting if you blur the tank and fumble and ray the mob. </font>

Faedril, what you say makes a lot of sense and I agree with it. However, in practice, it doesn't work for me. My enchanter is 27th level at this point and in xp groups, all I have time for is stone/haste/mem. I'll run down my current spell choices for combat (anything below 3rd is just chill touch/mms):

6th circle (2): blur, fireball, cone
5th circle (5): stoneskin, slowness
4th circle (6): bolt, haste, fumble
3rd circle (7): ray

Currently, in xp groups, I don't have time to do anything but keep stones/hastes going and maybe toss a ray or two. Slowness and fumble are long spells to cast and are successful less than 50% of the time. I usually start by blur/stone tank and haste the 2-3 hitters in the group. Then, throw a ray or two. I head out of the room and begin the remem. I forget the rays to get them out of the spell queue and begin rememming. By the time I have 1 or 2 spells back, it's time to restone the tank. If anyone has ideas on how to set this up differently, please let me know. I'd be a happy camper if I simply had time to toss a couple of bolts or fireballs in addition to stoning/hasting. Maybe I'll be much better off when I get higher level and my mem times are lower?

Thanks,

Galorion/Alzaris

[This message has been edited by Galorion (edited 07-17-2001).]
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galorion:
<B>By the time I have 1 or 2 spells back, it's time to restone the tank. If anyone has ideas on how to set this up differently, please let me know.

Get a better tank. Stone'll last longer Image
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Jul 17, 2001 9:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Get a better tank. Stone'll last longer </font>

LOL. Ahh, the answer I've been searching for!
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 17, 2001 9:25 pm

Xebes is a genius. that guy is right. if he's steadily gaining xp and decent xp for that matter, does it matter taht warrior lvl faster? it's not like the warrior can do zone w/o u. i learned this waaay back doing ms wizzie w/ drabyl. that guy nuke and lvl 2x faster than me. but he can't do ms wizzie w/o a cleric. also i was gaining lvl. also i can't do ms wizzie w/o the nuker. but here is a way to get crazy xp faasst. get into a 12 man xp group. run a robot and go to bed for 8 hrs. when u wake up u have already lvled. oh wait u can't do that. god's if i were u i watch those sneaky enchanter trying to robot. when will they ever learn.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Jul 17, 2001 9:40 pm

*Yawn* quit whining.

Globing, stoning and hasting IS your job as enchanter.
You DO get enough exp for it to be worth it.

But then again what do I know?
I'm just the the one who has played enchanter MOST on this mud. I got a level 42 now, and my enchanter on soj2 was level 50.

/Jegzed
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Jul 17, 2001 9:48 pm

I think enchanters have faired a lot better with the increase in damage exp, also other classes now supplement enchanters.

(Illusionists with displacement, priests or vokers with blind, shaman with stone, elementalists probably will have other nifty things)..

Thanks to the imms for listening! Image

Jurdex
Dornax

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 07-17-2001).]
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">*Yawn* quit whining.
Globing, stoning and hasting IS your job as enchanter.
You DO get enough exp for it to be worth it.

But then again what do I know?
I'm just the the one who has played enchanter MOST on this mud. I got a level 42 now, and my enchanter on soj2 was level 50.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya know, instead of being a total dink, you could offer some helpful suggestions as to why I'm seeing better xp solo or with 1 person rather than in "xp groups"? Nah, you're probably to r33t for that.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:52 pm

Yah.. I'm with Gal here Jeg. You know I hold you in high regard, but saying it the way you're doing it is just.. I dunno.. Inflamatory.

Anyhow. Seeing that stoning/globing/hasting/etc is our job, don't you think we should get some exp for it?

I dunno about other enchanters, but I am damn sick and tired of having the line 'Enchanters get more damage exp now!' thrown at me. I'm a fucking enchanter. I enchant. I don't nuke. If I wanted to nuke, I'd play an invoker. Forcing me to nuke to get exp on par with other classes is lame, and to be honest, I'll tell you how I really feel.

I feel that it was a bone thrown our way since this incessant 'whining' started. I'm sick and tired of doing exp. I'm sick of being told to nuke to get exp. I want to enchant. I wouldn't give a flip flying fuck that I have to mem out if I didn't have to nuke for decent exp.

I like the new spells, but our comments regarding some other minor things about enchanters have fallen on deaf ears.

And people are still asking me why I don't play.

I would think the above sums it up real nicely.

Oh, and if this offends you? Blow me. I'm an enchanter, and my opinion ought to count on this. Incase anyone didn't notice, I've kept my nose out of other class discussions for the last 2 months. I learned my lesson.

------------------
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:13 am

<B> Ya know, instead of being a total dink, you could offer some helpful suggestions as to why I'm seeing better xp solo or with 1 person rather than in "xp groups"? Nah, you're probably to r33t for that.

Speed of killing is everything.
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:22 am

Jegzed's completely right. Larger groups tend to fight extremely hard mobs and spend forever per mob.

Few people fighting smaller mobs can get more kills in the same period of time.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
Nalar
Sojourner

Postby Nalar » Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:14 pm

After reading this thread, it seems like there are 2 groups of enchanters. Those who know how to level quickly, and those who don't. Those who don't know how to level quickly seem to want some advice. I don't get to play too often because I work a full time job and attend school, but I still managed to gain 5 levels in 2 days last weekend. Here's what I do:

Find a great group and stick with it till the end. Try to group with someone high level like Hyldryn or another paladin, if you stone and blur them their stones can last for up to 2 mobs sometimes. Kill as fast as possible, if this means only memming stones/hastes/blurs then so be it, you'll get more exp from kills than casting damage anyway. You're an enchanter, not an invoker. As you get higher levels, your memtimes will go down and you can nuke more.

To Galorion, here is my advice about your spell choices:
6th circle: mem only blur
5th circle: mem only stone
4th circle: mem only haste
3rd circle: mem rays but don't use them unless the leader tells you to do so.
2nd circle: drop the chill touches
1st circle: cast mm's only when you are fully memmed with your enchantment spells.

Maybe that wasn't the answer you were looking for, but it's what I did and I leveled up pretty quickly. Enchanter exp doesn't suck, Invoker exp does.

Also, to whoever posted that you should take 2 enchanters in a group, that is ridiculous unless you're zoning. There is no way a leader is going to sacrifice the exp loss for an extra enchanter. I've sat around without a group long enough even at level 36 to know that 1 enchanter is plenty for a group.

And to the people that say there are never enough enchanters on... SEND ME A TELL!

As a whole the enchanter class rocks, and I love it. It may not be as easy to level as all the other on-mage classes, but who cares, its fun and I wouldn't change it a bit.

- Nalar -

[This message has been edited by Nalar (edited 07-18-2001).]
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:35 pm

Take 2 enchanters.... hmmmm yes? One go stones and one go hastes? It lets the enchanter not be overworked. Also, enchanters have been claiming that prismatic spray gives great exp. I'd suggest you mem a few once you can. As for invoker exp... wasn't it just recently tweaked? But, I'm not an enchanter or an invoker so I should probably just shut up now.
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Nalar and Hyldryn - I'll have to try some different things now Image. I did group with 2 enchanters for the first time last night, it was definitely much less stressful but I wasn't in the group long enough to figure out if it was better xp or not. Unfortunately, I don't get prismatic spray for another 4 levels, so I won't be able to try that for a while.

I guess I might be having a problem where the xp groups I get into are fighting mobs tougher than they should so that the stones are being chewed through too quickly and we're not killing mobs fast enough.

- Galorion/Alzaris

[This message has been edited by Galorion (edited 07-18-2001).]
Blix
Sojourner

Postby Blix » Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:01 pm

Heh, 2 enchanter groups own. One ray/hastes/stumbles, other blurs/stones. People dont' seem to realize that stumble+fire means practically never miss. Makes pship exp super fast. As for not enough enchanters, there are plenty, just they are all anon, once you know all their names, the who alias for them all usually catches many on that would never show up on a who enchant.
Nalar
Sojourner

Postby Nalar » Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:27 pm

I don't know if prismatic spray really gives any better exp or not... it's a cool spell and all, but half the time you cast it the effects don't even do damage. For damage I stick to cone of cold, that's it... you can mem it quicker anyway. I keep 6th circle slots for blur, but the rest are cones, and I almost never have problems getting all my spells memmed in time.

- Nalar -
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Jul 19, 2001 12:42 am

Yes, two enchanters definately are useful for exping on pirate ship. Even better is two enchanters and a necro handling hastes with wraiths. It's not redundancy, it's a more robust group! to twist a programming philosophy Image

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”