Feedback on Summon Mount

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Thorlin
Sojourner

Feedback on Summon Mount

Postby Thorlin » Thu Aug 09, 2001 11:36 pm

The helpfile says you can summon three mounts weekly, which is ample enough, but everyone knows that when you go into a building it says "TRY OUTDOORS NEXT TIME" What a lot of people DON'T know is that this counts as a summoned mount. I accidently summoned inside two buildings, and rented with one horse earlier, so i have to wait a few hours before i can summon a mount again. Is this supposed to be like this?

Ensis
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Fri Aug 10, 2001 7:00 am

I suppose it depends on whether it's that you can only get 3 mounts or whether you get "tired" after trying 3 times. I think since you can't always tell without trying whether you're going to be able to summon one, you shouldn't lose one for trying IMO.

Vadian
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Aug 10, 2001 7:00 am

Rangers have the same problem when trying to tame a mount that already is following someone(a PC). It tells you you can't tame someone elses mount, yet you lose the chance to tame for 1 day.

Twyl
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Fri Aug 10, 2001 9:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tasan:
<B>Rangers have the same problem when trying to tame a mount that already is following someone(a PC). It tells you you can't tame someone elses mount, yet you lose the chance to tame for 1 day.

Twyl</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I think if you try to mount someone's horse it won't let you, so you can try that before you try taming. I don't think there is a way to test whether you can summon a mount. The room description is fairly reliable, but not always, methinks. The same problem is there for nature rooms, I think you should be able to tell from the description whether a room is nature, but you can't reliably.

Vadian
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:54 pm

Well, I know that if your already indoors and you summon it doesn't count as an attempt. I'm not sure about starting the summon outdoors and the walking indoors before the horse gets there.
Thorlin
Sojourner

Postby Thorlin » Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hyldryn:
Well, I know that if your already indoors and you summon it doesn't count as an attempt. I'm not sure about starting the summon outdoors and the walking indoors before the horse gets there.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right, I knew there was an instance that it doesn't count. But yea, if you summon outdoors then wind up indoors it doesn't count.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:54 pm

Err? Then, there is no problem. I know that Summoning indoors = doesn't count. And you just said Summoning outdoors+end up indoors = doesn't count. Then, whats the problem?
Thorlin
Sojourner

Postby Thorlin » Sat Aug 18, 2001 6:54 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hyldryn:
Err? Then, there is no problem. I know that Summoning indoors = doesn't count. And you just said Summoning outdoors+end up indoors = doesn't count. Then, whats the problem?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just seems inconsistent, either way it seems like you're trying to summon a mount indoors, yet one way you lose an attempt for that week. is the limit to 3 due to the physical endurance that's caused in calling a mount? or is this just one of those limits to prevent people from summoning mounts and running them off cliffs. If it's the latter, I don't see why it can't be changed to not lose a summons when you go indoors
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:45 pm

I don't think you're losing attempts with the indoors outdoors thing. Maybe your trying to summon after a crash or something, crashes don't reset the summon timer.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”