Quests and their Requirements

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Quests and their Requirements

Postby Jurdex » Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:52 pm

Okay, I enjoy doing quests.

Area makers put in a hell of a lot of time, effort and thought into making puzzles for us to devour upon and receive a goodie at the end.

With that said, aren't some quests out of whack in proportion to what they require?

For example, look on the for sale board or marketplace.. everyone and their brother wants a dragon tattoo.. its for like 3 to 4 uber quests and its also a darn spanky item to wear and it like never loads..?

Its somewhat disheartening to know that you have spent hours and hours scouring a zone and even sometimes other zones to complete just one long and enjoyable quest then to find you need a rare you almost have no hope of getting anytime soon except out of pure luck.

Dornax
Jurdex
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:03 pm

Well let me add to what I actually thought your post was about. That being the strange
occurance of really hard quests not resulting in all that great items by todays standards.

Two ud quests come to mind.
The kirin horn is a hard long quest, the gcd
quest is not. Anyone wanna guess which is the better dagger?
The stem tunnel quest( thats all i'll call it) is very long and hard all mobs involved are rare. the item u get is or is not as good as the 1k eyes helm depending on ur preference.

With all the balancing going on I think someone should look into things of this nature.
Jethrus
Sojourner

Postby Jethrus » Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:08 pm

So stuff like runed mithril bracer quest being alot easier than netheril bracelet is the kind of stuff you are talking about?
-Jethrus
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:28 pm

I'd really like to see a fun cleric eq quest in. I've been looking around for stuff, and pretty much the only one worth doing for me is the Coronet.
Note the only other hard quest I've done for eq is the Falcon Boots.

Other quests are either not accesable to me (purple silk eyepatch) or not usable due to align restrictions (silver band is !good).

Just seems like all the other classes have some big quest they can do for eq (dragon gaunts/leggings, avenger, windsong etc), even if it is a pain in the ass like Dornax mentioned, while clerics/priests don't get much.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Sep 12, 2001 6:31 am

Umm... I think perhaps you are forgetting one teensy tiny little problem about that. Warrior/rogue classes RELY on eq to get thier job done. Clerics/mages rely on eq for hps. Pretty sure this has something to do with it.

Not saying it should be this way, but I did once make areas Image

Twyl
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Sep 12, 2001 12:58 pm

Well actually, stack your casters with spanky +hp eq and they can keep the tanks/hitters alive longer. Image

I know for one with a crapload of +hp eq, I can afford to continue healing tanks and other people after eating a few area spells, and not have to worry about my hps too much.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”