hmmm everyone needs to explore? Bullsh!t!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dirjornso
Sojourner

hmmm everyone needs to explore? Bullsh!t!

Postby Dirjornso » Sun Sep 09, 2001 3:40 pm

lets see we are told from the start that we should explore as much as possible. I find this disturbing considering what happend while I was exploring just minding my buisness.

Rubbing his bone totem in his hands, the barbarian spiritist chants an ancient mantra of summoning! A shimmering aura of pale blue suddenly appears and surrounds you!

The summoned spirits tug at your weapon, causing it to fly from your grip!

A mob of this nature should be behind a door and locked.. and shouldn't be aggo.. maybe in a nother plane. .but I find it unfair that a level 50+ just stole my procing weapon and there is nothing I can do about it!
I say STOP with telling people to explore gods, it is dangerous to our health and eq!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:34 pm

There is something you can do about it. You can kill him and recover your weapon. Heck, you can even recover your weapon without killing him. You can explore naked or with lesser gear that won't be missed when you die in an un-cr'able place.

Yayaril
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dirjornso:
<B>lets see we are told from the start that we should explore as much as possible. I find this disturbing considering what happend while I was exploring just minding my buisness.

Rubbing his bone totem in his hands, the barbarian spiritist chants an ancient mantra of summoning! A shimmering aura of pale blue suddenly appears and surrounds you!

The summoned spirits tug at your weapon, causing it to fly from your grip!

A mob of this nature should be behind a door and locked.. and shouldn't be aggo.. maybe in a nother plane. .but I find it unfair that a level 50+ just stole my procing weapon and there is nothing I can do about it!
I say STOP with telling people to explore gods, it is dangerous to our health and eq!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So who all was with you while you were exploring?

Also, always, ALWAYS togg your brief OFF when exploring. Quite frequently there are warnings in the preceding rooms which you will NOT see if you have togg brief on.

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 09-09-2001).]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:56 pm

Heh... I ran into him last wipe. I never have brief on, but I also rarely read room descs... But you could always ask some highbies to get your weapon back for you if it's that good of a weapon. (I think the one I lost was just a ds longsword, not worth the effort really... heh.)

Sarvis
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:51 am

That shaman is behind a flap/door thing, unless someone tracked it out or something.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:06 pm

Exploring is good! Heck, I've lost all my equip before (long ago). Makes for great "Back in MY day..." stories. Besides, unless you've decked out a mid/low level with level 45+ equipment, chances are pretty solid that you'll get a better weapon before long.
Laxlez
Sojourner

Postby Laxlez » Mon Sep 10, 2001 9:47 pm

Twice "back in the good old days" on Soj1 I lost all of my EQ.. at like level 15 and like level 25.. both times, people came to my aid and I ended up with a better set of EQ in a matter of days.. I've occasionally wished that my corpse would rot so that I could potentially get a new, better set of EQ, heh..
So basically, if you're still in the "exploring" levels and you lose your eq, you'll be surprised at the people that will help you out..

-Laxlez
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Sep 11, 2001 2:06 am

In the Mplor vain, this is the very mob that I lost a cursed Gith to in SJ2. Was my own fault, he was proc'ing like mad. I thought 'hey, wonder what all he does' next thing I know no Gith. Then Shylisten, Goram et al. say screw killing him we just take you to get another. Off to fight we went.

They still laugh at me as the only person they know that lost a cursed weapon to a mob.
Dirjornso
Sojourner

Postby Dirjornso » Tue Sep 11, 2001 12:30 pm

It was a gleaming holy ls. Not level 45 eq but still very hard to come by unless you have 1k p laying around
Dirjornso
Sojourner

Postby Dirjornso » Tue Sep 11, 2001 12:31 pm

Brief stays togged off BTW.. no warning
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Tue Sep 11, 2001 2:38 pm

I FULLY agree with c:\>Dir here. I think we should all sit at the fountain in our respective towns, holding hands and singing kumbhaya.
Dirjornso
Sojourner

Postby Dirjornso » Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:13 pm

no I beleive we should do what we know until we are at least level 25-30
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dirjornso:
It was a gleaming holy ls. Not level 45 eq but still very hard to come by unless you have 1k p laying around</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1kp?!?!?! the mob is just a warrior/cleric! grab like 3 40's and smite
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Sep 11, 2001 7:51 pm

Kum bye yah mu lord....

Kum bye yah!

EVERYBODY NOW!!!

Seriously, its a game, can have analogies to life, you take risks, you get rewards, if nothing else, experience... did you look before you leapt? Please... there are soo many things I can say about why you should just pick up another weapon and soldier on w/out more than a *crap!* that sucked... memo to myself, be more careful, and stay away from that guy.
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Wed Sep 12, 2001 2:50 pm

First of all, I apologize for the flame. I couldn't help it. Dr. Evil made me do it.

Second, exploring is what teaches newbies to learn the mud and eventually become strong leaders that know race / class benefits and even how to explore. If you went out into an area you knew nothing about, only with a bit of knowledge that there was something out there, and you died, then I salute you. You are far better a mudder than joe security that doesn't take risks and learns nothing except the path between pods and WD and how to trigger every sting in the game.

Tay

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”