Saving throws

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Zrax
Sojourner

Saving throws

Postby Zrax » Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:27 pm

Is there any any reason why we dont get better saving throws through leveling, or do we and this is just invisable to the player?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
Is there any any reason why we dont get better saving throws through leveling, or do we and this is just invisable to the player?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do.
Aedaris
Sojourner

Postby Aedaris » Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:47 pm

Isn't it called eq......
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Sep 05, 2001 4:50 pm

no i was referring to gaining natural bonus to saving throws as you gain in level, not bonus from equipment, Kia answered it for me. Thanks.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Sep 05, 2001 6:51 pm

Yeah, your hidden saving throw rolls improve.. i.e. the base number you need to beat gets better with levels.

Kia.. just wondering, is the saving throw system still using d20 for the base roll, then tacking on the modifiers?
Just wondering if its useless to have sv_spell eq past -20. chuckle
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:53 pm

He could answer that, but then he'd probably have to kill us... Image
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:22 pm

Likely he'll kill ya anyway!
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:07 am

I may be wrong, but the way saving throws were explained to me on the mud are as follows.

I guess each race/class has its own natural save vs. spell number, similar to how each race has an innate amount of strength (consider ogre strength vs. gnome strength, but not quite that severe of a difference.)
Now the number that is shown in your attribute is just the modifier from your original save vs. spells. I was also told that as we increase in level, our saving throws become naturally better, but to what extent I do not know. So I guess if you had two gnome invokers, one level 50 and the other one level 1, and both with the same amount of hit points, the level 50 player would make is saves more often than the level 1 player.

I may be wrong, but this is what was told to me, and what I understood it to be for all of these years.

Lyt

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”