ray, fumble, and other enchantment spells

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
izarek
Sojourner

ray, fumble, and other enchantment spells

Postby izarek » Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:23 pm

Can one of the staff check into enchantment spells like ray, fumble, and stumble. They just dont seem to have much of an effect on mobs (meaning at the level of shady smugglers and navies). When ya add in how infrequently they hit, these dont really add much to battles. Just seems like awhile back (soj2, etc) ray was better. The equivalent cleric spell (usage wise) is blind, and that has a much more significant effect (although about as low of a hit rate).
Anyhow, I'm just wondering if something got tweaked outta proportion with all these offensive/defensive changes.

Izzy
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:36 pm

My blind hits a significant portion of the time. I was even having 50/50 or better success blinding mobs 20-25 levels higher than me.

- Ragorn
Level 19
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Tue Sep 25, 2001 10:33 pm

The main thing that changed on ray is that Dexterity affects your hitroll and Strength affects your damroll. Since Strength used to affect both, ray did a bit more last wipe.

I have seen these spells used to great effectiveness this wipe. You just have to learn when/where they're useful.

Also, remember that both Clerics and Shamans get spells that help you land spells a bit more often.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Sep 25, 2001 10:40 pm

I use ray quite a bit since it hoses your foe's chances of getting a critical, which will usually go right through my stoneskin, sapping off half my life in one hit..

Yayaril
Laxlez
Sojourner

Postby Laxlez » Tue Sep 25, 2001 11:58 pm

Yeah, ray definitely is of extreme value in certain cases for evils.. Ya got a blind mob that crits like a sonofabitch.. Then if you ray em, you can solo them or do them in small groups and get tons of experience..
Nassis
Sojourner

Postby Nassis » Wed Sep 26, 2001 11:49 pm

While 'rainbow pattern', 8th illusionist spell, seems to do nothing (or have a duration of about .5 seconds).

(But I'd rather see change self fixed and go have a look in wd. Image

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2001 3:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nassis:
<B>While 'rainbow pattern', 8th illusionist spell, seems to do nothing (or have a duration of about .5 seconds).

(But I'd rather see change self fixed and go have a look in wd. Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Working on this one atm. (Rainbow Pattern)
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Thu Sep 27, 2001 4:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nassis:
<B>While 'rainbow pattern', 8th illusionist spell, seems to do nothing (or have a duration of about .5 seconds).

(But I'd rather see change self fixed and go have a look in wd. Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here here, I wana wander around in the UD.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”