Male vs. Female

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 29, 2001 6:02 pm

PS - nida must be either tired or grouping with squids. I don't understand. Image
ShaylaRose
Sojourner

Postby ShaylaRose » Mon Oct 29, 2001 6:17 pm

[This message has been edited by ShaylaRose (edited 10-30-2001).]
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:18 pm

Reply I must. Having grouped with Aedyra for a few times, I can honestly say that her perspective and rp abilities are wickedly impressive. And as a player of the mud since 1993, I can say that she has an innate feel for the game, i.e. da skills, that makes her damn near irreplacable to any group in my opionion. I post this message not to defend her, as I know she is very capable of that on her own, but simply as an observer of the mudd and one who values her perspective, rping, skills and presence here.

I've got a solution to gender debates. Instead of staring at players groins, let's smite!

Keran Kegraider
Toarn Image
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Mon Oct 29, 2001 8:40 pm

I'd like to note, as I have before-- I have absolutely no problem with humor. I'm don't give a rat's ass about equality or political correctness or pretty much anything to do with common perceptions of gender issues whatsoever. My sole issue has been that it damn well looked like someone was getting ripped into for no reason at all, and I'm fed up with that stuff all over these boards. For God's sake, people, 97% of the jokes on this board are denoted by Image or :P or ^_^ or "j/k" or any other of a number of ways to say "This is intended to be taken as humorous commentary or witty banter". I didn't jump in here just because this is a board about skirts. God knows it's been handled beautifully, considering how easy it would be for some arrogant prick to jump in and start flaming. The single reason I posted was to attempt to curb yet another thread turned nightmare. People are ripping on Todrael and Moritheil and others left and right on varied topics for no other reason than the jerks don't like what they're hearing. If I don't know Zurx well enough to see the invisible humor tags at the end of his posts, well, chalk it up to experience. But I'm not going to stand for the subsequent responses, including being called "worthless" or having Shayla's perfectly valid point be referred to as an inability "to read and correctly interpret a comment". If that's all joking too, then fine, buddy, put a tag on it so the dumb chick can tell you're just pulling her leg. You want to attack me personally, take it to the friggin' arena. Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you'd get back on topic, 'cause I'm tired of being a bitch today. ^_^ I think I'm going to go pet some bunnies by the tunnel under the wall.

-Nida
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:02 pm

She had no valid point, my post took issue with people who tried to say other people shouldnt post what they want. I said nothing about judging content, it was to address people who would tell people to "keep that off this board" as though somehow they should determine what was valid and what was not for the discussion board. I apologize if i didnt use the appropriate number of smiley faces or innane character strings to denote humor(this is sarcasm- in reality i couldnt care less if you understod the humor or were offended by it). The thought of my comments being jested about by a group of IRC people makes me laugh harder than any joke you could ever weave for me Shayla. Oh and I called noone worthless, i simply described a catagory of people,you were the one Nina who connected yourself to the description.
ShaylaRose
Sojourner

Postby ShaylaRose » Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:27 pm

Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:45 pm

I'll take the hit for overstepping my bounds in my second post. And as far as your first comments to Shayla go, perhaps I'm overreacting. But everything since then has been personal. So I'm a bitch for overreacting in the first place-- I can handle that. But there's no call whatsoever for you to continue to personally malign us, especially now that I've admitted my error (which I was remiss in not doing before-- seriously, no sarcasm, sorry to all). Geez. Shayla and I must have missed the sign on the main page that said "You must be level 40 or taller to ride". Give it a break.

As for your calling me "worthless"-- you're right, you never mentioned my name. Rather, you referred to a broad group of people whose characteristics you specifically tailored to fit my own error. Way to maintain plausible deniability. ^_^

You're right, Shayla. This crap isn't worth my time after all. ^_^

-Nida
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:06 am

keep the peace.

[This message has been edited by moritheil (edited 11-02-2001).]
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:12 am

*has accepted the fact that rl or the mud he is doomed to be the lesser gender, however ego may dictate otherwise*

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 10-29-2001).]
ShaylaRose
Sojourner

Postby ShaylaRose » Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:56 am

Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Tue Oct 30, 2001 3:25 am

****Believe my Aedyra your long winded and often repetative posts make the fact that you are female more than obvious.

Im impressed you didnt qualify your post by reminding us all that you are just a newbie.
You really underestimate the gods if you think they would read a thread regarding the gender breakdown of characters on a mud and the people who play them. The fact that you have taken anything i have said seriously is a sad statement about your personal character. My comments regarding females were purely in jest. The fact that you took them so personaly speaks much more about yourself than my act of posting it does about myself. I cant stand people who assume to tell other people what to say and do. I have no problem argueing a point or having a point argued, but its the worthless people who would be bold to the point as to tell them not to make it to begin with that are the problem. So if you would, allow the moderators of the board to tell us what is and isnt acceptable.
Shayla,
When you are able to read and corerectly interpet a comment there will be some validity to you informing a person that they contradict themselves, untill then, it will simply be more gibberish. You are just a newbie so i can forgive you.
Nida,
I dont even know what or who you are, and honestly don't care.
The whole point of this thread is this, females who play female characters on the mud are having a hard time getting things free just by being female in real life because of the suspicions raised by the large number of male mudders who play female characters. This is made more evident by the few strong female personalities on the mud who are played by females who really couldnt care less about this thread. This is really a sad statement about the female condition on this mud, with the aforementioned exceptions. *cheer Nitiana and Nugg*
Its sad really.
She had no valid point, my post took issue with people who tried to say other people shouldnt post what they want. I said nothing about judging content, it was to address people who would tell people to "keep that off this board" as though somehow they should determine what was valid and what was not for the discussion board. I apologize if i didnt use the appropriate number of smiley faces or innane character strings to denote humor(this is sarcasm- in reality i couldnt care less if you understod the humor or were offended by it). The thought of my comments being jested about by a group of IRC people makes me laugh harder than any joke you could ever weave for me Shayla. Oh and I called noone worthless, i simply described a catagory of people,you were the one Nina who connected yourself to the description.***

Christ man, who the hell do you think you are?

This is a valid thread. all threads that pertain to gameplay and balance issues are valid, even if YOU dont think so.

Aedyra a newbie? she got a 44 enchanter, she's not a newbie anymore just doesnt have our years on the game. that does NOT give you the right to bash her. and you can NOT qualify your inflammatory post by saying 'i was only kidding' after someone is pissed at it.

The male vs. female was funny to me, hence my Caz has man-boobs comment. ( i hear sok's are bigger ). i have no opinion on it either way, was trying to be funny y'know. however who the hell are you to speak for the folks that run this game? you say why would the gods be interested in this post? i ask why why wouldnt they?

you got any additional problems with anyone else on the board, or me, email them or me, cause you have never had anything nice to say in any post which i noticed as i browsed your posting history.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:08 am

Didnt you quit teyaha, twice, please stop teasing us and just do it, or at least play a goodie. How many new names will you switch to on the BBS before you finally just leave. However I will respond and hope you get it before you pop off and threaten to delete yourself again.

you say why would the gods be interested in this post? i ask why why wouldnt they?
archery is in the queues, 2 guilds reworking in the queue, new quest and invasion ideas being implemented, something so menail as the distribution of female characters by male players seems so rediculously unsignificant by comparision it is laughable. And while points about roleplaying may be all well and good for roleplaying, this is not a forced roleplaying mud and hopefully never will be. This was a dead topic consisting primarily of jokes untill my comments were interpeted as flames, and maybe they were, as i look back at them they may well have been unduly harsh and caustic, but i can't say im overly concerned about it.

You want to compare posting histories? very well, I will not deny that my posts are often direct and sometimes require a grain of salt to take.
Your post history however reveals a little cry baby who at every turn has cried cause he hasnt gotten this or that, or cause this person wronged him or that person wronged him, constant threats to quit, delete, leave, and the cycle continues for you character after character.

[This message has been edited by Zrax (edited 10-30-2001).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:58 am

dang u guys. i look u r happy. i stayed up until 1:41 am running this post. hopeing to find funnies. some are funnie. y did i post here. i should b in bed. oh well, nite. hey keran good 2 c u again. long time. i remember doing cc in days of old.

sok
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 30, 2001 2:07 pm

"I help those who get kicked when they're down."

Rather, that was the original idea.

Acrimony bad.

[This message has been edited by moritheil (edited 11-02-2001).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 30, 2001 2:21 pm

Would it kill everyone's ability to argue to keep the thread on topic or civil?

- Mori (pissed off this fine morning)

Edited for brevity, and because I was royally irked the first time and may have overstated.

[This message has been edited by moritheil (edited 10-30-2001).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Oct 30, 2001 3:10 pm

I just want to say thank you to all of you who turned this into your own personal romper room mud pit. Any one of you could have done the mature thing and just let it drop, but oh no, you had to scrape some meager feelings of self-worth from being able to show the rest of the BBS just how sharp your wit is, just how glibly the insults roll from your tongue, just how ready you are to defend something that would have been defended much better if you'd just tied your fingers in knots and stepped away from the keyboard.

I love the funny little remarks some people make in posts, they drop in, drop their 2 cents of levity, then know when to drop it. I'm embarrassed to have all this garbage and crap flaunted for the world because of something I posted. I realize that you will all take your supreme witticisms with you wherever you might post, go for it. My hands are officially thrown in the air in disgust.

Ashiwi - who finally hit the point where she lost her temper.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:11 pm

Thank you ashiwi.

I just came back from philosophy class and realized where the problem was. Instead of discussing the actual issue this thread, and many others, has degenerated into people attacking each other - tatamount to a pissing match. I hoped to get a good discussion of some issues but I see now that I was wrong.

If everyone would just argue the issue instead of attacking the speaker, perhaps this could change.
ShaylaRose
Sojourner

Postby ShaylaRose » Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:16 pm

Sorry Ashiwi Image

Nare
Sojourner

Postby Nare » Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:07 pm

Actually.... *clucks tongue a bit* I really think that arguments add interesting tidbits to things. I mean, nobody's a perfect paragon of politeness and patience all the time, right? If people are arguing about a topic...even if its a teensy bit flamy...that means they care about the issue.

Now, I'm not one to say whether or not it got out of hand here. Generally, I think we're all big boys and girls and can handle being called nasty names. Heck, some of us enjoy it, right? Image 'Long as people are arguing near enough regarding the topic, no harm done.

And as for the male versus female issue.... If each race/class doesn't have pros and cons for both male and female players than there shouldn't be any at all. But I wouldn't mind the mud trying to keep it "ARAP" (As Real As Possible Image). Heck, I've been on MUDs (and especially MUSHs) where female chars DID get their period. Probably wouldn't be too hard to implement. And as far as RPing it goes...well, heck, if clerics can heal broken bones and mashed up livers why can't they get rid of cramps. Image

Nare
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Oct 30, 2001 7:14 pm

Looking back at this thread, my replies to Shayla and Nina were uncalled for and too harsh, and I apologize.

Teyaha however can still drop dead as far as I am concerned.
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Tue Oct 30, 2001 7:42 pm

Having reread this thread a few times, I feel that I owe more of an apology than I earlier gave. Not only did I way overreact (yeah, it was late, but that's no excuse), but I was making just as many personal hits as I was complaining about others making. So to all, and Zrax as well, I apologize. I'll keep to myself from now on unless it's on topic.

-Nida *sheepish*
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 30, 2001 8:17 pm

OK, I'm guilty of trying to be too clever. Instead of just plain stating as Ashiwi did that it was going too far, I thought I'd try to point that out subtly by using everyone else's method... which unfortunately just exacebated the problem.

Sorry =(
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 30, 2001 8:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>which unfortunately just exacebated the problem.

Sorry =(</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, and I kant cpel. :P
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Oct 30, 2001 11:56 pm

bob has man boobs not caz! well except when he wears his ring of deformities, then he can bash ogres with his man boobs.

damn sok your english gettin better every day.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:00 am

bob has man boobs not caz! well except when he wears his ring of deformities, then he can bash ogres with his man boobs.

damn sok your english gettin better every day.

i think what were all going through here is the after the honeymoon phase. were all bitchy and gettin up on each other for stupid things. patience has worn out, ect... we're acting like a little incestous community preying upon one another to fill in the disillusionment. hope we dont get a divorce.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Oct 31, 2001 3:41 am

and you can eat shit, zrax. i hope you die and lose your corpse with no hope for recovery, jerk.

i may be whiney, but i dont treat people like shit. go take some people skill classes before they let you into the real world.

and caz STILL has giant man boobs. when he bent over to pick up his sword other day i thought he had two sets of arms.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Wed Oct 31, 2001 4:13 am

(In best back hill southern accent)

Cant we all just get along?

------------------
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grintor:
and caz STILL has giant man boobs. when he bent over to pick up his sword other day i thought he had two sets of arms.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rofl, caz is mint!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 31, 2001 9:33 am

Boyz rule n girlz drool, enjoy.

- Ragorn
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Oct 31, 2001 11:04 am

Don't call me "dude," "man," "guy," or any of those

...I call everyone that...even my mom is 'dude'

As far as roleplay.. i think out of the 128 people I see on most of the time there are probably 3 people actively roleplaying at any given time.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Oct 31, 2001 1:59 pm

I think that's part of what she is trying to get at though. Only 3 people roleplaying because half of those 128 people are playing female chars that they don't know how to RP. And they are doing that because they want the advantages of being female...

Sarvis
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:05 pm

BTW.. some of the most prolific roleplayers Sojourn has ever seen were men playing women. Some of them probably still have you guys fooled Image

- Ragorn
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Nov 01, 2001 8:56 am

You petition 'trick or treat!'
Gargauth responds to your petition 'trick, enjoy finding out what it is!'

<> Gormal has a few scratches.
her form is blurred and difficult to make out!
her body seems to be made of stone!

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about Succubus now....pls pass me a valk sword as well Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Nov 01, 2001 9:48 am

See above.

- Ragorn
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Nov 02, 2001 8:25 am

sok man! Where you at! I had a short man's complex playing Keran..so playing Toarn as a warrior this go around. Speaking of females, anyone hear from Zothmo?
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:21 am

ROFL ragorn
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:54 am

*ding ding* *round one*
Xyd
Sojourner

Postby Xyd » Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B><> Gormal has a few scratches.
her form is blurred and difficult to make out!
her body seems to be made of stone!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bwahahahaha! So are those man-boobs or the real thing Gormal?! Image

.xyd

PS - I only just realized how damn appropriate it is that you posted this in this thread. I'm slow, but I get there!
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:39 pm

I played ilshadrial for 6 years or so. I enjoyed playing her becasue she was a real challenge to play. Since I am male, and Ilshadrial was female. I got to express all my frustion I had with women in the past. That was why she was such a bitch and evil. Tear a man's heart out and stomp it with her satanic hooves and giggle watching you die and suffer. You know, the typical female attitude after she has gotten what she wants form you.

Ilshadrial fills her pocket full of gold and hollar's out, "Next!"

CACKLE!
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:28 pm

I guess since I didn't know there was a difference it doesn't matter to me. I agree if there is female only gear, it would be appropriate to also have male only gear. Perhaps there already is, and we just haven't found it yet because as guys we're too focused on wreckless smiting.

Toplack
(Mind like a steel trap..... rusted shut, and illegal in 37 states)
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Sun Nov 04, 2001 10:46 am

This is the most ridicilous topic i have ever seen. I can't believe i commented on it :P

------------------
"Keepin' it real with my niggas"
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Nov 04, 2001 11:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B> All female characters should then have the once-a-month werewolf proc innate, with no cure.

- Ragorn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been gone a week and missed this weeks bitching thread.
Ragorn's post defiantely wins the medal though Image

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”