bug in items with : "NOBURN"

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
silvea
Sojourner

bug in items with : \"NOBURN\"

Postby silvea » Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:23 pm

hi,

Items (or atleast some) are broken. The NOBURN flag should give protection to an item and prevent it from burning/insineration from breath weapons. But it does not do this thing......

log from Jegzed (log forum):
a Llewyrr bag of depth shivers into frozen scraps.
The world starts spinning, and your ears are ringing!
You are frozen to ice, as a white dragon breathes on you.
With a final blow, you feel yourself falling to the ground.
Your soul leaves your body in the cold sleep of death...

The bag in question is flagged "NOBURN". Could somebody have a look at this please?

Silvea

[This message has been edited by silvea (edited 07-09-2001).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:25 pm

Here's the error- the bag in question shattered from being frozen. If it was NOFREEZE, it would be understandable. However, NOBURN only protects your bag from being burnt! Finding a bag that's NOFREEZE, NOBURN, NOFRY, and NOCORRODE is difficult indeed..

Yayaril
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:32 pm

Yayaril: Please read the help files from identify, etc. You can read there that NOBURN will protect against the breath of dragons. And as far as I can understand from thoes help files its just a protection for that item for all breath types.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:43 pm

The noburn flag is a myth...Never trust the code! Always cast protections.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
The noburn flag is a myth...Never trust the code! Always cast protections.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did, it just dropped midfight Image At least Lazz was a nice guy and gave me the dragonbag from the split.

/Jegzed
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Jul 09, 2001 2:08 pm

Hey screw my bags, I want what's in them!

Cherzra "lessee what we got here, 1 complete set of warrior backup gear, finished spidergaunts quest, 2k worth of potions and various other quest stuff"
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:11 pm

Silvea, I was joking- of course the help files say it's not supposed to burn up. Also, I heard NOCHARM gear doesn't protect you very well from the succubus on Ethereal Plane. At least the float flag works =D

Yayaril
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:22 pm

quit leaving floaters, yayaril!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Oct 18, 2001 1:30 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Silvea, I was joking- of course the help files say it's not supposed to burn up. Also, I heard NOCHARM gear doesn't protect you very well from the succubus on Ethereal Plane. At least the float flag works =D

Yayaril</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, could have something to do with fact that it's a proc and not a spell.
Asog
Sojourner

Postby Asog » Mon Nov 26, 2001 5:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Hey screw my bags, I want what's in them!

Cherzra "lessee what we got here, 1 complete set of warrior backup gear, finished spidergaunts quest, 2k worth of potions and various other quest stuff"</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why carry that around on your character? Shouldn't that type of stuff be left on your storage character, when you're out doing a zone? Just an observation.. I honestly don't have much sympathy for ignorance. As far as noburn flag goes.. I agree if it is in help files saying the item flagged noburn is "protected" then I assure you it probably is "protected" however ..if you are in a house you may be protected from the hurricane, but you are certainly not invulnerable...if noburn was invulnerable to dragon breath.. it would be a different arguement...
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:24 pm

I carry around enough hp eq to go 1k unvitted, other stuff for max hit/dam, and I also carry around a set to get -100. Add to this the various unsplit zone stuff, a bag full of quest items, a dozen different weapons and utility items and you'll see how fast you end up carrying extra stuff. Ask some level 50's what they carry around, you'd be surprised.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:20 pm

still rolling on the floor laughing at someone accusing cherzra of being an ignorant warrior. Thanks.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:08 am

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 11-28-2001).]
Asog
Sojourner

Postby Asog » Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:47 pm

Well do you go fighting dragons in a leopard print g-string? Wait a minute, I don't think I want your answer.. however, if you have stuff that you are more than likely not going to use in a zone...why carry it with you and run the risk of a bag exploding to a dragon..and losing it ..to me that's ignorant.. I understand the premise of needing extra gear to accomodate certain situations.. but carrying around extra gear that is not going to be needed (quest items etc..) is just asking to be a glutton for punishment.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”