How much of a bot are you?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Ensis
Sojourner

How much of a bot are you?

Postby Ensis » Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:19 am

Just curious.. I know everyone has aliases/variables/scripts/etc.. up the yin yang..but how much do you actually depend on that? I know i still hit st everytime i'm bashed, i dont rely on rescue triggers to keep my group alive, and i dont use a looter. They're convenient, but not reliable. How many of you push 3 different buttons and let the rest of the mud run your character?

E
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:22 am

I use alot of alias's

in a zone situation it's hard to type cast 'full heal' so-n-so every time specially when there are 5 ppl needing it at once.

bout the only triggers i use are eat/drink and loot... rest are just eyecatchers

------------------
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:31 am

The only triggers I use are to stand when bashed/tripped/fall down etc, and to get my weapon if I toss it. I still hit st when bashed just to make sure though.. lol

I have alises so I don't have to type in c 'full heal' <target> every time, combined with a tab completion list.. so I can just type fulh <3 letters of target> to get quick spells off Image

Aliases for swapping to certain eq (like fly, farsee, breathsave).

Yeah, lots of aliases just to reduce the typing for casting spells, and basically no triggers.
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:39 am

I haven't mudded in the last 3 years. It's all scripted. Even my posts on the BBS.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Wed Dec 12, 2001 6:47 am

I use some alias' like fheal for casting full heal, heal, vit, etc... Saves some time, and can save lives. Generally I don't really use triggers for much. I do use a stand trigger for having been tripped/tailswept/bashed/etc... For the most part, I have triggers that change the color of the incomming text, beep, and flash certain things at me, and me alone. Those are more just so I don't miss important information. Like when Kalthanan swears, it flashes/beeps/farts, cause that's usually what he does when he's about to die.

Glorishan
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Dec 12, 2001 7:41 am

PAK CHOOIE UNF

Target: podling

Script start podling attack.

initiating attack mode...

PAK CHOOIE UNF

podling destroyed

Yayaril
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:11 pm

lol yaya
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:45 pm

Aliases for spells, only because css is so much easier than 'cast 'stone skin'' and i have a tendency to want to type the whole word instead of the abbreviations like 'c' for cast. No eat/drink trigger, but I do use an alias for stacked commands to pull it all out of my bags. I use a stand trigger... oh, and a 'pgate' alias for picking the waterdeep gates, that was a major pain every time I did it... 'get key bag;get fine key;rem crimson;hold fine;pick gates;open gates'. I have one that gets me off the ferry, in case I used that time to get something to eat, because who really wants to ride back and forth on the ferry three times? Oh, and tab complete is my friend. Other than that, it's all me.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Wed Dec 12, 2001 4:36 pm

If you don't use a rescue set you will be left in the dust. There are a great number of evil casters that like me cause I rescue them now... not 6 seconds later when they are dead.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Dec 12, 2001 5:05 pm

I hate to agree with Galok on this point, but I do. Warrior is the one class I really don't want to play, simply because the majority of the useful stuff I could do for a group would have to be handled more by my computer than by me. You miss a switch or a mob walking into the room, suddenly your healer or stoner is dead, next thing you know, the whole group's spanked.

Botboy gsays, "whoot! notched triggerset skill!" -=TRIG=-
Ashiwi boggles at the concept.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Dec 12, 2001 5:41 pm

I have 151 aliases, 34 variables, 33 paths, 31 tab completion words/names, 167 triggers. Most of these deal with the manipulation of my pets, or are #gags. The only triggers I have that actually input a command that my character will do are stand triggers.

-Todrael
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Dec 12, 2001 8:36 pm

i personally have three triggers on my enchanter that more folks are learning of.

if i'm sitting at fountain and you want a stone, tug me. want a blur, bite me. want a haste, poke me.

other than that i have my warrior's rescue trigs. that's it
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 14, 2001 11:09 pm

telnet 0wns j00!
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Fri Dec 14, 2001 11:47 pm

Man I love my triggers.

The only triggers I have that don't require me to do anything are eat/drink, stand, get weapon, and useful spells triggers. All the rest of my triggers that actuall cause output to the mud are one shot deals, turned on by aliases. For example:
"blur x" translates to:
set_target x
set_spell blu
glance x
if x is not blurred, c 'blur' x

scales is even more fun.
"sca x" translates to:
set_target x
set_spell ds
glance x
if x is not scaled or stoned, scale x
if aborted scales, try again.
if no scales left, stone.

I never bothered setting this up for globe, because of those darn frosties and their silly minor globes that look exactly the same on glance.

Back on toril i used to have a spellup alias, that would automatically globe all my targets, but I haven't bothered yet on soj3.

I also have triggers to let me know if someone in my group is being attacked, by echoing "X IS BEING ATTACKED!" same goes with people dying on fireshield/coldshield, "X IS FREEZING TO DEATH!" (in cyan of course). And of course most spells are gagged in battle.

I also have complete sets of trigs to parse out all of my score info, my att info, and my current spells. I envisioned automatically updating my spell lists, so I wouldn't have to type 'mem' at all, but I never got around to it.

Then of course, there is my "i'm at work and need to be afk most of the time" trigger set, which turns on tell triggers for spells. I also have a bunch of silly triggers like automatically looking in any moonwell/gate/fold that opens.

Then there are my buttons.. Image the group command automatically parses out the hps of my targets and puts them in hp bars, which when clicked will try to scale/stone the target. Whenever I type group the hp bar gets updated, so If i see a really short, bright red hp bar, I know someone is in trouble.

Most if not all of this stuff is just handy helpers, I have tried to keep away from complete botification, as that would almost seem to be cheating.

I'll post an update later when i find out how many alias/triggers I actually have set up... Image

-Omrec Daekan, The Guardian
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:01 am

I'd like to extend an invitation to all you high-level uber-types to post your trigger-sets over in the mud-client help forum.

Regards,
Jorus
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:41 pm

I have triggers that make me stand up when I fall down, otherwise I don't much like the computer making decisions for me. I tried auto-eating and auto-drinking triggers, but they just get in the way whilst in combat. So I mostly just rely upon programmed variable targetting systems with macros and aliases.

Yayaril
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:42 am

Danger Yayaril Robinson! Danger!

Gormal flails his arms about wildly!
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:58 am

> #action
#Defined actions:
{You get}={save} @ {5}
{You receive}={save} @ {5}
{$fumblemsg}={get $weapon;wiel $weapon} @ {5}
>

---
guess that makes me not really a bot. I have a aliases, but those are mostly for eating/drinking/wearing eq and shortening spells (ie #alias {heal %0} {cast 'phantom heal' %}

Asamoth - Comere, I'm trying to heal you!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:05 am

oohh.. you use tintin asamoth?
Gromsharulaz
Sojourner

Postby Gromsharulaz » Wed Dec 19, 2001 5:09 am

<>l

A GromBot stands here looking automated.
< 565h/564H >
<>

Okay so I'm not that bad, the triggers I have that send output to the mud consist of: a bunch of stands for bash, dragons, quake, trip, etc, eat/drink triggers, weapon fumble, auto enter/exit ships (hate looking away for a second and find that darn GH barge is gone), auto open doors I bump into and get a closed message for (allows for keypad only movement), and my autoworder I turn on when exploring that attempts to word if my hp drop below a set number and I'm not casting fheal. ;) The rest just grab various bits of the mud output and colour it, gag it, or slap it into a variable for my aliases and macro keys to use.
So much easier to hit F5 than to type c 'full heal' Krolb or whoever is tanking at the time.
And now a question - isn't casting spells on players via tug, tell, etc. while you are afk technically illegal? Heh read the rules... ;p

Gromsharulaz Darkmace, The Insane "automaton" Derro of the Underdark
omrec
Sojourner

Postby omrec » Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:19 am

Update. I have:

128 Aliases
126 Variables
242 Triggers
37 Macros
6 Buttons

Go me!

-Om
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:12 pm

yep use tintin. was thinking of tf but use to tintin.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:48 pm

Dont use any rescue triggers. I have a set of 3 macros i use for rescuing and alot of times beat the trigger run warriors on rescue attempts, sometimes i dont but even still using macros instead of triggers allows me to selectivly rescue tanks, rescue casters, rescue primary casters based on neccessity. I have seen too many trigger run warriors get groups spanking in CC, or on jot rhemos, some situations its fine, others more of a detriment than an advantage.
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:52 pm

For Sart the invoker I have:
an alias to cast every spell
min c 'minute meteors'
mm c 'magic missiles' and so on
as far as triggers go, not really anything other than gags

for Thrilden my warrior, its a different story:
aliases for skills abreiviated, sp=shieldpunch, junk like that
extensive battle statistic tracking triggers/variables.

my battle statistics output:
====================
Hits: 38
Misses: 44
Total Attacks: 82
Crits: 2
ShieldBlocks: 3
Parries: 7
Bashes: 19
Total Bashes: 25
Shieldpunches: 1
Total Shieldp: 6
Fumbles: 1
Kills: 9
Hit Perc: 46 %
Crit Perc: 5 %
Bash Perc: 76 %
ShldP Perc: 16 %
Fumble Perc: 1 %
Damage Taken: 968 -- 4222(since level 1)
Moves Expended: 3254
====================
i have a pretty intricate auto bash trigger set, as well as auto shieldpunch
i have a nice auto rescue triggerset i came up with
whenever mobiles enter/leave the room when i'm fighting, they're highlighted for easier readablity
the list goes on and on
i love zmud programming..it makes me feel good about myself.

Disco
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:52 am

The only thing I use a lot of and depend on are aliases. Everything else just makes it that much easier

Typing "cast 'full heal' xserreellex" can just get annoying after awhile.

Tab complete and aliases are VERY nice.

A stand trigger is a very good idea, and things that simplify the "group" display are very useful, but none of it is necessary by a long shot. Just makes things easier.

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:40 pm

What? You mean you guys actually SIT at the COMPUTER when you play?
What's the point of THAT????
j/k...
But I'm NOT going to put in my $0.013 here... Let's just say that I'm a lazy bastard, even post-Navy Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Dec 21, 2001 8:00 pm

I have several aliases. Eatx = get iron sack, get norm sack, etc. bashx = rem 2hander, diseng;get shield sack;wear shield;wield 1hander. rescu alias. loot triggers. drunkx = get bottle sack; drink bottle, drink bottle.

toarn
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat Dec 22, 2001 2:52 am

aliases are the shit, one char and return can be made to start a list of 100 commands, i use aliases for everything, corse im still a 4 finger typist...once, once i made a group of triggers to kill archers while i cleaned house, R.I.P. search;search;bash archer.(searches would be sure there was no bash lag)
and anouther group informing all who entered room this was whut i was doing...that was only once tho and i knew i put myself at a high risk of death doing it
as far aliases, macros and triggers go aliases are the most used by me

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”