Change Self

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
tsaej
Sojourner

Change Self

Postby tsaej » Fri Jan 04, 2002 12:45 am

I have done some testing on the spell change self and believe there may be some bug(s) with it. Here is what I have found.

In my testing I went to different mobs each time.

1. I noticed that when I changed into a drow I was attacked by soldiers in Dk (the ones with the War-Leaders). I also noticed that it didn't matter what race I changed into I would always become aggro to these mobs.

2. I casted true sight on my brother and then changed myself into a drow and what we found was that I had a gold aura. In fact, no matter what race I changed into I would always have a gold aura. I figured that this was why those soldiers were aggro to me. So I casted nondetection on myself and changed into a drow. However, the soldiers were still aggro. I know that nondetection works because I have tested it on other aggro evil mobs.

What I think might be the case is that perhaps no matter what race you change self into you are given a good race flag. As a result all mobs aggro to good races will aggro you even though you are using nondetection.

Another thing that I noticed was that I could not get rid of my disguise with any command nor could I dispel it using dispel magic. The only way was to attack a mob. Perhaps I just missed something but if there is indeed no way to get rid of your disguise then this should probably be looked into as well (typing disguise does not work).

Any comments or info would be greatly appreciated.

Tssizz -Shadowed Terror- Blood Raiders

[This message has been edited by tsaej (edited 01-03-2002).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:08 am

"c 'change' me" will dispel the disguise.

As for the disguise letting you into hometowns your not generally allowed into, I'm all for it. I know for a fact that I can run around leuth disguised as an elf without a problem. I dont know why I can't run around dk disguised as a drow.

Corth
tsaej
Sojourner

Postby tsaej » Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:20 pm

Ahh c 'change' me! Sweet, thanks man Image

I was thinking about the problems I have had with change self and I am reminded of similar problems with disguise used by thieves in Soj2. As a drow thief I was able to go into goodie hometowns, but goodie thieves could not go into evil hometowns. Perhaps there is or was a similar bug.

Have any of you goodie rogues out there tried to use disguise to enter evil hometowns yet? If so, any success? If you were killed I bet its because of the same bug as with change self. When you change into an evil race you are not actually being seen as an evil race by mobs but rather as a good race.

Tssizz -Shadowed Terror- Blood Raiders
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:42 pm

also you cant change into every race with change self, i think miax said he was going to change that but never did. thnx for the change me i could never figure out how to get rid of it either.

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:03 pm

While we're on the subject, can we please please pretty please have Myconid as a valid choice to disguise into?!

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Jan 06, 2002 10:55 pm

actually.. I cant enter leuth through the front door.. there are other ways in. Once in though, you can walk around without any problems.

Corth
Nassis
Sojourner

Postby Nassis » Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:05 pm

Hm. Seems strange that Corth can enter leuth with cself when I cant. Neither can a drow with disguise, btw.

Hope thats not intentional...

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”