Cleric mobs casting cyclone

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Azzzmohazzz
Sojourner

Cleric mobs casting cyclone

Postby Azzzmohazzz » Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:09 pm

This spell hurts like heck, suddenly cleric mobs that casted earthquake now exclusively cast cyclone. It makes them almost invoker-like, and is sorta oughtta character for them... Not saying imms should remove it entirely (it's nifty to have clerics doing something other than word/earthquake) but maybe have them do cyclones only some of the time, with earthquakes in between? Earthquaking fights rule, people stumbling around etc are funny, and I'm seriously gonna miss them if they are gone forever.
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:22 pm

Um, Cyclone is Druidic.

If clerical mobs are casting it, thats a bug Image

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:05 pm

Actually..

I rather eat some 100-200 hp damage from a cyclone than get bashed from an earthquake.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:22 pm

What's fun is getting hailstormed. Hildippie missed a bash once and whooooo boy... that was interesting. It never works quite so well when I cast it tho Image

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elseenas:
<B>Um, Cyclone is Druidic.

If clerical mobs are casting it, thats a bug Image
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a bug, it was done intentionally. When cyclone was taken from clerics, it left a gaping hole in the spells that clerical mobs that they could cast. Mob clerics in fights have a very different role than PC clerics in fights, so a cleric mob fighting a group of people that wasn't of the opposing alignment left them tremendously at a disadvantage.

This change is both a good thing and a bad thing for players. In the good respect, mobs won't send out a continual stream of (un)holy words against groups. It will give them a little variation in the area spells it can cast. It also balances out the offensive capabilities for clerical mobs against both evil races and good races. In the bad respect, it gives mobs a very good weapon against groups, but this will increase the challenge for groups and hopefully make things more fun.

As for them exclusively casting it, I can make them switch off between casting quakes and cyclone, that's not a problem. As with anything, your posts and constructive criticism is welcome.

- Kiaransalee
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:44 pm

I'm a neutral elf with high agi, I'd rather see earthquakes, myself... BUT, I really hate being one of the few, the proud, the only ones left alive after holy word has chewed through the rest. I'll take cyclone if it leaves our healers and ghealers standing any day.
Azzzmohazzz
Sojourner

Postby Azzzmohazzz » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:53 pm

Thanks Kiaransalee, just didn't want to see earthquake dissappear entirely from the mud Image.

[This message has been edited by Azzzmohazzz (edited 02-22-2002).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:19 pm

A little more variation would be better, when we did SF today the wraiths cast cyclone exclusively. While this hurt like hell, if one of them had quaked it might have made it more interesting (and painful).

Maybe you could make cleric AI such that if there are more mobs than just the cleric in the room, it will quake as well as cyclone? And when it is alone, it will cycone only? This would set up the other mobs in the room for much better damage, which would make them even deadlier.

Cherzra - whups, what did I just say?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:26 pm

Fix that mutant white dragon in Sylvan Glades too, it thinks that it's good aligned! Is it supposed to be a silver dragon? That would make more sense. Aren't white dragons supposed to live in cold climates? I'm so confused!

Yayaril
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:58 am

Heh the druidess on EM cast full heal too. And yeah dragon is good, so the poor pally's loose xp for killing a white dragon.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Fix that mutant white dragon in Sylvan Glades too, it thinks that it's good aligned! Is it supposed to be a silver dragon? That would make more sense. Aren't white dragons supposed to live in cold climates? I'm so confused!

Yayaril</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:36 am

It was the first time I was ever holy worded by a dragon, that's for sure
zipalodok
Sojourner

Postby zipalodok » Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:33 pm

how come i cant cyclone Image
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:03 am

Cyclone does damage?! How the times have changed!

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:35 pm

Yeah, I think cyclone only does damage when mobs cast it though, since they don't seem to be limited by an area having nature or not.
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:05 pm

heh yaya that white dragon must be a renegade indeed as all chromatic dragons are sposed to be evil... and the last time there were evil dragons on Evermeet in a timeline sense was 600+ years ago. Then again not everyone beleives Sylvan Glades belongs on Evermeet to begin with.

Sobu

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”