Bounty Hunting

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Giladaple
Sojourner

Bounty Hunting

Postby Giladaple » Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:23 am

Today, I went on a bounty hunting streak and turned in like 4-5 people. I didn't realize that people would take it as seriously as they did. I figured that it was just another part of the game and that it someone was wanted they had taken the risk of getting caught. If I had realized people would get so offended as to threaten and cuss at me i wouldn't have bothered. It's not worth it to have the enemity of your fellow players over a bit of plat. I apoligize.

Telser
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Mar 10, 2002 12:01 pm

No appology necessary, I plan on turning in everybody that I can see! Woohoo for justice!
and if they die and lose exp too bad, they should kill in wd!
or at least that is what i am told?
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Sun Mar 10, 2002 6:58 pm

I hate you and you never even tried to tie me up.

Just kidding... Up with justice! Down with whiney wankers!

Disco W. Lemonade
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sun Mar 10, 2002 7:18 pm

What is it with you guys and justice. Yes it sucks. I don't like it either. But it's not like you don't know it's there... SO AVOID THE FREAKING CODE!

Geezus, it's like complaining to yer mom when you've touched the hot stove because it was hot.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Sun Mar 10, 2002 7:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sylvos:
<B>
Geezus, it's like complaining to yer mom when you've touched the hot stove because it was hot.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

omg i love sylvos he's funny! Image
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Mar 10, 2002 8:01 pm

Is that what the burn marks on my hands are from?

MOMMY!
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Mar 10, 2002 10:05 pm

Add to that the fact that the guards have rather simple scripting and are ridiculously easy to avoid. They seem almost like rejects from Thief to me Image Hell, a few of us were killing Lord P's guards and all the elites in the market place and only some of us wound up on the wanted list. If we actually made a halfassed effort to avoid being detected by justice, noone probably would have wanted up on the wanted list. As it is, I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never figure what "crime against the town" listed under the justice command entails since the guards are too dumb to realize it when people go on a rampage half the time Image

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:11 pm

My problem is that I have no idea how to get my name off the wanted list once it's there.

Yes, I have to pay fines, amount not listed anywhere. Yes, I am wanted, but turning myself in only results in death.

Maybe we should be able to bribe officials with a lotta plats to get our names off the list.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>My problem is that I have no idea how to get my name off the wanted list once it's there.

Yes, I have to pay fines, amount not listed anywhere. Yes, I am wanted, but turning myself in only results in death.

Maybe we should be able to bribe officials with a lotta plats to get our names off the list.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually had a problem with paying my fine, but it never logged that I did it.
I had to petition one of the gods to take my name off the list, and it took me about 15 minutes to convince them that yes, I DID pay it.
Only because someone tried to turn me in after paying the fine, and it REALLY ticked me off that I was still wanted Image
Last time I ever listen to Lepdar when he says "Dude, let's get a legion of undead prostitutes..."

------------------
Taegost L'Mirrahn - STUPER DRUID(tm)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taegost:
<B> Last time I ever listen to Lepdar when he says "Dude, let's get a legion of undead prostitutes..."

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and Justice still bites. It's not just.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:42 pm

Never had an issue with justice in Waterdeep. It's been obvious for well over a year that if you get caught killing things in WD you're gonna have to deal with it. I can see somebody having a run-in with it and getting ticked, but after once people usually get clued. The only justice problem I really have is when there are quests involved, and in order to do the quest you have to worry about harsh justice. There are several quest items in BG, and GN is just begging for a justice overhaul. I can understand getting wailed on by the guards if I attack somebody in the middle of a busy city street, but in GN half the time you're killing things they ask you to kill.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:45 pm

I still have a problem with the realism. I mean, a "sleezy prostitute" 's word is going to be taken over that of, say, a respected highlevel paladin who defended Waterdeep?

It doesn't add up.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:53 pm

Since when are you respected in WD Mori ;P

Now in IC and such, you're legendary!

Just givin ya a hard time Mori, ya know I like ya!

Toplack *only respected in Podville* Frostbear
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Mon Mar 11, 2002 5:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sylvos:
<B>
Geezus, it's like complaining to yer mom when you've touched the hot stove because it was hot.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It more like complaining to you mom you touched a hot stove in a world where there is supposed to be no heat.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>I still have a problem with the realism. I mean, a "sleezy prostitute" 's word is going to be taken over that of, say, a respected highlevel paladin who defended Waterdeep?

It doesn't add up.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What also doesn't add up is why a paladin would be slaughtering townspeople. Protecting the good of the city, yes, killing the townspeople, no.

Assassins (rogues) wouldn't last very long if they didn't take all precautions to make sure there were no witnesses, either.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>I still have a problem with the realism. I mean, a "sleezy prostitute" 's word is going to be taken over that of, say, a respected highlevel paladin who defended Waterdeep?

It doesn't add up.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<cough, cough>
Why do you think they're called sleezy?
And also, why do you think Lord P owns shares in a VD clinic in MH?

------------------
Taegost L'Mirrahn - STUPER DRUID(tm)
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:58 am

Not all mobs seem to be actually taken seriously when they report crimes. I've seen certain mobs run off to report PCs but without any results.

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taegost:
<B> I actually had a problem with paying my fine, but it never logged that I did it.
I had to petition one of the gods to take my name off the list, and it took me about 15 minutes to convince them that yes, I DID pay it.
Only because someone tried to turn me in after paying the fine, and it REALLY ticked me off that I was still wanted Image
Last time I ever listen to Lepdar when he says "Dude, let's get a legion of undead prostitutes..."

Happened to me as well (paid fine not removed) but I got turned in and judged. Luckily I wasnt sentanced to death just another fine.

Took me about 15 minutes to get it sorted out.

The thing that pissed me off, besides the lost time was the fact that the person who turned me in profitted from the bug.

I think that this needs to be looked at please. No problem with justice just make it work when you pay your fine.

Thanks

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:57 am

maybe yayaril and i should come out of bounty hunting retirement to show you guys a real good time!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:04 pm

i keep telling evils to roll a bunch of goodies and sit in wd reporting you fools but no success yet.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”