Ungrouping on death

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Sarell
Sojourner

Ungrouping on death

Postby Sarell » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:56 am

Would it be so bad not to ungroup when you die? Would it be hard to change? It is a real pain when the leader dies in particular.

Oh ohohoh i remember....spell slots being poofed on death are also a bit odd imho...if you are on the puter with an alias it matters not...on telnet it is just annoying..
shrug Image

Safe travels Image

------------------
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:12 am

how long do you want the person to be grouped tho??? remember death takes you to the menu .. you are effectively still linked but booted out of the game ..

you know i didnt have a deathmem alias til saturday's timet run?? Image

aliases are for the weak (err ME)

------------------
Ambar -= Squishin de Squid =-
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:46 am

i posted this in another thread but ill put it here too. when you die send you back to your guild master instead of to the menu. you kill 2 birds with one stone, no more losing group leadership / membership on death, no more petitions for having your link cut when you die LD.

Im guessing the intent was to keep you from dieing repeatedly in some wierd situation like if there were agros in your guild hall. might want to check summon horde and stuff if you make this change or handle these "wierd" situations on a case by case basis (which ought to be less cases than needing link cut).
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:23 am

I like the tele back to guildmaster room idea, easy fix if there is agro's there (is there any guilds that get agros in them? cool), make it a peace room. Didn't think about how it would fix the LD menu prob when you die soloing X on a bad connection, a particularly bad prob for us internationals who play when no gods on sometimes. Good idea!

This would be especially fun when glori's load room is set to tia...imho :P

------------------

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”