A Tribute

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Sylvos
Sojourner

A Tribute

Postby Sylvos » Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:39 am

As the subect says, this is a tribute. Not another one to the gods, though they definately deserve it. To the unending spirit that is Sojourn however, I dedicate this tribute to.

Earlier this evening, upon seeing the 30+ hour uptime I did what many of us have taken to doing... I pulled out the alternate. I started smiting, and hooked up with a young ranger. Well young compared to me. She wasn't wearing uber gear, she didn't know about nature's blessing. When she saw my somewhat decently decked out caster she didn't bitch about it, whine for equipment, or anything that is associated with lack of knowledge.

No, this person, 16 levels higher than my own level 22 character, offered to group and help me level up. And looking at her, I was reminded of MY early days on Sojourn back in 1995/1996. Having a Lost Sword of Cymrych Hugh mean that you had a real weapon at long last. I got brought along on a res quest, in the days when they were still god run, just because I could cast barkskin.

This ranger's eq wasn't great, she didn't have a wealth of knowledge about the mud/eq/zones but it didn't matter. She plays here, she has fun, and she's learning. And if I can look at this little ranger and remember my newbie days, where I tried to scribe an identify scroll into my book 6-7 years ago... well it says a lot about this place.

This little ranger will probably find herself the recipient of some conversation and maybe some eq from me, because despite me having as many hitpoints and an equal armor class as this ranger, she volunteered to help me out and tank for me. Because that is a spirit that Sojourn can bring in, and needs... should be fostered. And they're still coming in, for which we should all be grateful.

Without today's newbies, tomorrow's zones won't get done. In a way I guess this is to the gods, because it is their work we appreciate when we play. But throughout 3 pwipes, new and harder zones, stronger equipment... some nobility of spirit still carries through.

Thanks

Sylvos Winteraven
Stalker, Black Wolf, Wolf, Sniper, BladeDancer
Brotherhood of Balance, Alliance of Balance, Sacred Disciples, Shadows of Imphras

Thuro Ravenspirit
Raven
Pride of the Sabertooth
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Sun Apr 21, 2002 5:51 am

I couldn't have said it any better, I remember the days of yore, where I was new and feeble (shut up Gorm et al. :P), and I believe you hit the nail on the head. I support this tribue, and applaud you Sylvos.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:36 am

Nicely said Sylvos...
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:33 pm

Well said syl Image
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:42 pm

w00t w00t