A thought about zones

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

A thought about zones

Postby Daz » Sun May 12, 2002 12:22 am

I logged a few thousand hours on Medievia, a really really really damn big mud. I was a member of the most powerful guild on the mud, and I learned quite a bit about mudding from that game. (I learned that their zones are trash compared to sojourn, lol - their most challenging zone takes 8 people 45 minutes to clear it . . . WOOOO . . . scary *snore*)

Two things that I DID like tho, is their 'dragonlairs.' Any of you who ever got high level on medievia should know what im talking about - the code for that was just AWESOME, i mean - the zone changes locations, randomly loading within wilderness areas each boot, each zone loading with clues that the lair is there . . . just lots of great things. Also, the code had the zone totally random - it was not always the same room layout (I was able to lead these 1) connections 2) patience to learn the patterns, and how to tell which pattern loaded.) This would be a pretty nice thing I thought, also - each lair that loaded, was home to a 'dragon' that existed in its own right, once a lair was created - it stayed until it was destroyed - then there would not be one for that dragon type until another randomly spawned somewhere. The dragons were very strong, and when a group got spanked - the dragon 'leveled' and got harder, remembering its abilities and stats beyond the crash/reboot - these dragons had their own files, just like players.

another thing - instead of making every zone spawn on reboot - howabout spreading the love some? Maybe on one reboot vault loads at boot, but jot doesn't load until 14 hours into boot.

Then, vault gets done - when the zone repops - have it repop bigger and harder than before, with NO gear. keys also respawn at this point. If, however, a group was bored enough - they could run vault, and after clearing a NO GEAR pop, it would respawn with eq, or maybe just SOME eq, or hell, maybe make new gear for people who could show they were badass.

yeah, you can beat brass. but could you beat Brass cubed?

i hope i make sense.

------------------
In the Great Cat's silence we walk,
In its speed we strike,
In its strength we find victory,
In its Pride, we return,
Home.
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Sun May 12, 2002 8:32 am

Yeah.. those all sound like cool ideas would like to see some (or even all) of them...

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun May 12, 2002 4:39 pm

well actually Daz, I should tell you that Cyric's been working on getting a zone in that loads at a random location.

------------------
You group-say 'we should be fine... in theory... flee a lot'
Oteb group-says 'i will log that. '
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun May 12, 2002 4:43 pm

PS - yeah you can survive brass, but can you survive MoriBrass?

------------------
You group-say 'we should be fine... in theory... flee a lot'
Oteb group-says 'i will log that. '
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon May 13, 2002 2:16 pm

Moribrass > Brasscubed.

Grin Mori

Toplack

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon May 13, 2002 4:14 pm

Lilithelle group-says 'quiet.'
Colje group-says 'too quiet... maybe they're planning something.'
You group-say '8 effreeti commoners enter the room, 3nj0y.'
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Mon May 13, 2002 6:57 pm

The random entrance load is possible, and someones making a zone like that last I heard.

The dragon pfile is not currently coded and I don't think there are any current plans to doing it.

There are plans to have zones reset independant of crash / reboot.

Enjoy, D
Lalisa
Sojourner

Postby Lalisa » Tue May 14, 2002 8:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>I logged a few thousand hours on Medievia, a really really really damn big mud. I was a member of the most powerful guild on the mud, and I learned quite a bit about mudding from that game. (I learned that their zones are trash compared to sojourn, lol - their most challenging zone takes 8 people 45 minutes to clear it . . . WOOOO . . . scary *snore*)
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who were you on Medievia? Just curious since I knew quite a lot from 52 before they disbanded Image

/lalisa
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue May 14, 2002 9:08 pm

before joining fatetown i was Qota, son of Drexorn, Father of Myrth, Father of Alathax :P

------------------
In the Great Cat's silence we walk,
In its speed we strike,
In its strength we find victory,
In its Pride, we return,
Home.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu May 16, 2002 7:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dugmaren:
<B>The random entrance load is possible, and someones making a zone like that last I heard.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooo oo can i guess it will be a portal that randomly loads somewhere in the desert like a mirage?

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop2/stuntaname/icyhot.gif

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”