IC rares

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

IC rares

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Sun Apr 21, 2002 12:25 pm

I know its been brought up before, but can they be looked into? I haven't heard of anyone seeing any for quite some time. I've also heard rumors about them being taken out of the game, or not working. If that?s the case, then it kind of makes it a little hard to complete some quests that require those rare items. Anyway, if anyone has seen some, please post below as far as what one you've seen and the date if possible.
Aedaris
Sojourner

Postby Aedaris » Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:51 pm

There are Rares in IC?
Been a while..........

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:39 pm

After 9 months of checking, I've yet to see another IC rare. The gods have said the percentages all work.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:31 pm

*bump*
I know lurkwood rares were questioned before, and I know they load. Not as often as some may like Image but they load. The rares in IC on the other hand seem to not make it out of their load rooms and into the actual zone, or they don't load at all.
Any staff wanna post some feedback on this? Either they are fine, or they were taken out, or yes there was a problem and it will be fixed soon..
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nekler BlazingWolf:
<B>*bump*
I know lurkwood rares were questioned before, and I know they load. Not as often as some may like Image but they load. The rares in IC on the other hand seem to not make it out of their load rooms and into the actual zone, or they don't load at all.
Any staff wanna post some feedback on this? Either they are fine, or they were taken out, or yes there was a problem and it will be fixed soon..</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

seen Holm lately? I know you could sense if he loaded at boot but he wouldn't appear until 20 min after. I assumed he wasn't a trigger load, not sure now. I haven't seen him load in months. Also, thunderbeast finally started loading after a few months.. of course it's all about those "numbers"
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:35 am

Rares up north never load.

I haven't seen Fedor in forever.

Maybe I go looking at the wrong times, dunno.

I do know IC is like broken, though. Kinda puts a stop to Kralgar's quest..

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:01 pm

Yah, I have been checking regularly, and the GN rares, Lurkwood ones, and IC ones have not been seen by me.

Toplack *working on like 112 quests up there and they're all on hold* Frostbear

------------------
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:44 pm

The rares around lurkwood and such are loading.
thunderbeast loaded.. hmm.. last week. Holm loaded today. So at least part of them are loading.
IC on the otherhand is still broke. No one has seen them, killed them/been killed by them, or has heard of anyone seeing/killing them.

[This message has been edited by Nekler BlazingWolf (edited 05-01-2002).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 01, 2002 1:57 pm

Calamity -and- Strife both loaded in the same room the other day. Was deaths aplenty till we called it off.

------------------
Imis tells you 'everyone has a spank now and then'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed May 01, 2002 2:10 pm

Ummmm, Mori, Calamity and Strife aren't rare-loads, they have a completely different method of loading.

Edited to not give away quite so much quest info.

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 05-01-2002).]
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Wed May 01, 2002 4:50 pm

i know what u mean ashiwi.. although it's strange where they end up loading...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
<B>Ummmm, Mori, Calamity and Strife aren't rare-loads, they have a completely different method of loading.

Edited to not give away quite so much quest info.

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 05-01-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Wed May 01, 2002 4:53 pm

Threads that have illustrated already that there appears to be a problem with rareload mobs in IC:

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001094.html <--- This one is from last December. In this thread it is revealed the last confirmed time anyone has seen a rareload in IC was on August 7th, 2001.
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001356.html
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000066.html <--- In this thread, Tempus states that he will look into the IC rareload situation (03-06-2001)

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 01, 2002 5:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
<B>Ummmm, Mori, Calamity and Strife aren't rare-loads, they have a completely different method of loading.

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 05-01-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*bonk me*

Yeah, you're completely right. Whoops.

------------------
Imis tells you 'everyone has a spank now and then'
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Wed May 01, 2002 5:55 pm

Actually, Glarec, its not all that strange that they load there if you follow the story line of the quest Image
It is a hastle though if you don't know they are there and go walking through.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed May 01, 2002 6:09 pm

Calamity and Strife(if you get lucky strife and the 4 soldiers won't load) load in 4 spots that GN rares load in: somewhere on the path to IC, the fork in thunderpeak, the horseshoe in GN, and the room west of the entrance of the exp grid in GN. Since there is no real way to leave an announcement that they're up, i'd suggest u have wimpy max when you enter GN.

As for rares not loading, Glarec and I have found Fedor a couple of times in the past months. The one rare i haven't seen in ages is Holm.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Thu May 02, 2002 12:52 am

Oops. In a post I made yesterday, I said Hoar had loaded. My mistake for thinking about the God's playtoy Image
What I ment was that Holm loaded yesterday. So at least some of them are working up north. Thats not why I started this thread though. The IC rares are NOT loading, and I was hoping that this thread might get some attention drawn to that. Seems to have gotten support from players saying they are broken, and Nokie has even pointed out a thread where Tempus said he would look into it. I don't know that Tempus is still around though, so it prolly didn't go very far.

Postby Guest » Thu May 02, 2002 9:33 am

I can't address the issue of whether or not the IC rares are loading, I frankly haven't paid attention to that. I will just say that Cyric and I have been hard at work setting up a new system to handle distribution, which may eventually have an impact on this situation.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 02, 2002 9:37 am

There is no issue to address.. the IC rares don't load, period.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Thu May 02, 2002 1:10 pm

While I appriciate the reply, Iyachtu. What you are basicly saying is that those of us needing eq from the rares in IC to complete quests, are SOL. Doesn't sound right.
I look at it like its a bug in the code. Bugs make the game crash, which makes the game no fun. You guys fix those bugs to make sure the game continues to be fun.
This is a bug that is making the game no fun for some people. Image
I know you're not an areas person, so I don't expect you to do anything. Heck, your post was more then I expected, hehe.

Just hate to hear someone say that something they are working on might fix this probem and then it continues to never get fixed.

I know I'm being a pain about this, but damnit, someone has to take Gormal's job. I just do it with less style, hehe.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu May 02, 2002 2:56 pm

I appreciate you and Cyric's work Iyachtu, I'm very interested to see the effects of your new system.

Toplack

------------------
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Thu May 02, 2002 3:04 pm

i was referring to where they loaded last time.. they didn't load at 1e of the 3way.. they loaded at 4way near icebear.. which they don't normally do. :P

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nekler BlazingWolf:
<B>Actually, Glarec, its not all that strange that they load there if you follow the story line of the quest Image
It is a hastle though if you don't know they are there and go walking through.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Thu May 02, 2002 3:07 pm

and god damn it.. where's GOR?! *grumble* *groaning in frustration*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>Calamity and Strife(if you get lucky strife and the 4 soldiers won't load) load in 4 spots that GN rares load in: somewhere on the path to IC, the fork in thunderpeak, the horseshoe in GN, and the room west of the entrance of the exp grid in GN. Since there is no real way to leave an announcement that they're up, i'd suggest u have wimpy max when you enter GN.

As for rares not loading, Glarec and I have found Fedor a couple of times in the past months. The one rare i haven't seen in ages is Holm.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Postby Guest » Thu May 02, 2002 4:07 pm

Coupla things:

1. I didn't say you were SOL, I just said that I wasn't in the know on the exact specific of rares from a specific zone, which I'm not.

2. It's true, I'm not areas. I did, however, go out of my way to take an interest in a problem the areas staff has been concerned with.

[This message has been edited by Iyachtu (edited 05-02-2002).]
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu May 02, 2002 6:08 pm

Dat's because you're the BOMB Iya! Thanks for the Sherlock Holmes work.

Toplack *can use all the help he can get* Frostbear

------------------
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 02, 2002 6:38 pm

Yeah thanks Iya, I think most of us appreciate that you have been reading the bbs and investigating any problems that we bring to your attention.. even when they aren't within the scope of your duties.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu May 02, 2002 6:40 pm

Mental note:

Be nice to the overworked and very active staff member(s)!

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu May 02, 2002 6:50 pm

Well said Jurdex. Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 02, 2002 7:10 pm

heheh the dornax-shevarash mutual admiration society rears its head once again.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.

Postby Guest » Thu May 02, 2002 9:33 pm

OK, I -did- take a look at this problem. and indeed, it's massively fubared. =) Suffice it to say that the chances of IC rares loading in the game are very, very, very, very low.

I'll mention it to Cyric and let him correct it in the manner he feels is best.

--D2

------------------

[This message has been edited by D2 (edited 05-02-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu May 02, 2002 9:39 pm

::CHEER::
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu May 02, 2002 10:23 pm

And the moral of this story?

Kiss some coder ass.

Thank you, drive through.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu May 02, 2002 11:15 pm

What is SOL?...seriously

*Sarell looks back fondly on wondering why people kept telling her to ROFL whatever that was*

------------------
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Thu May 02, 2002 11:21 pm

Shit Out of Luck

Disco

------------------
You're like a man without skin,
Everything he touches seems to hurt him
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Fri May 03, 2002 2:31 pm

Hmm.. perhaps I came off a little harsh when I really didn't mean to, Iyachtu. I like the fact that you posted about it. Told me that at least someone had taken notice. Whan I ment about being SOL was that most small things seem to get added to the 'list', looked at once, then forgotten about. Those small things may not seem importaint, but what about that new player that comes along, spends a lot of time and effort on something, then finds out it doesnn't work and hasn't worked for quite some time. They would prolly start to wonder what else is broke and decide it isn't worth their effort and leave. Not everyone plays just to kill things and gain levels. Image

Anyway, thank you Iyachtu and D2 for looking into the problem and at least getting the ball rolling again. Also a big thanks to the rest of the gods for the work you do to make this game what it is. Thank you to the rest of the players for making this game what it is. Without all of us, this wouldn't be possible.

Ok, end rant, end thread. Image

*No keyboards, mice, monitors, or computer cases were harmed in the making of this thread*

Err.. ok, so I'm a little tired.

[This message has been edited by Nekler BlazingWolf (edited 05-03-2002).]

Postby Guest » Fri May 03, 2002 7:01 pm

Follow-up:

I've spoken to Cyric about the problem. It should be fixed in about a week (although don't hold me to that) by the new code Iyachtu mentioned somewhere in this thread. Cyric and Iyachtu are actively working to implement that code as we speak. =)

--D2
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri May 03, 2002 7:50 pm

WOOT!

Thanks again D2, Cyric, and Iyachtu!

Toplack *peers around the realms looking for rares* Frostbear

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat May 04, 2002 8:26 am

oooo fixed rares? awesome! hopefully the quests will be finished too Image coders own
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 9:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jurdex:
<B>And the moral of this story?

Kiss some coder ass.

Thank you, drive through.

Dornax
Jurdex

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just so you know..

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon May 27, 2002 12:07 pm

It was a joke..

Hopefully the IC rares being fixed wasn't.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Tue May 28, 2002 2:19 am

So.. whats the news on this new rares system?

Also, has Cyric said if he is gonna fix them or not? If not, can the quests that use the eq be fixed to use other eq so they can be finished?

Been a few weeks since I bugged anyone about it and seen the topic come up again, so figured now would be a good time. Image

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”