Oh No! Another Ranger Upgrade Request

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Oh No! Another Ranger Upgrade Request

Postby Sylvos » Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:25 am

Quick, hide! That's right, I'm asking for another ranger upgrade!

Ok, sarcasm off, though you're welcome to hide anyways. If hiding is your preference, please press the alt and the F4 keys in conjunction to obtain an ideal hideaway.

Ahem...Could Rangers please, pretty please even, have the Spellcast Enchantment skill to accompany our 6 or 7 spells in that area? I'm sure we could happily trade our Spellcast Spirit skill for Spellcast Enchantment.

Is it an oversight to give rangers enchantment spells and no skill? Or deliberate? Please say it's an oversight, and that we can get the skill? Thanks. Image

Sylvos
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:45 am

It's been said in the past that it's not an oversight, it's to deliberately keep out enchantment spell weak(er. Faerie fire and vigorize critic aren't exactly super enchantment spells). Of course, since then some of the spells that used be enchantment have moved into illusion (which we also don't have, but then again faerie fire and invis aren't exactly depending on skill). Dammit, now I'm wondering they the hell the vig spells are all enchantments instead of healing or generic . . . Image

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:17 pm

If the intent is to keep our spellcasting weak, and I saw that sentiment after researching this topic (after posting unfortunately) then I think it's a faulty excuse.

We have a large number of the spellcast skills - some of which we have spells for and some of which we dont. Illusion and Spirit fall into the latter. Keep Rangers a weaker spellcasting class to not infringe upon druids and enchanters? We have Spellcast Nature to accompany our 15 some-odd nature spells. I would argue that the spellcast skill doesn't infringe on those full casters because they get specialize in their domain.

I can talk bout this for... well not hours but for a long time. If somebody upstairs would like to hear more of the pros-cons to granting rangers the Spellcast Enchantment skill, I'll be happy to oblige.

Sylvos
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:46 pm

I'd settle for balanced archery dmg, stone-skin like missile shield, and more offhand proccers...the orignal set of ranger upgrades agreed upon after hefty debate.

------------------
Izarek / Raevithar / Fyzzlroo
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:24 pm

Probably an oversight.
If the gods want your spellcasting ablity limited, they can just stick a cap on your enchantment skill. Image
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
<B>Probably an oversight.
If the gods want your spellcasting ablity limited, they can just stick a cap on your enchantment skill. Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree. I went for months without a spellcast illusion until Kia noticed and fixed it.

Thanks Kia =)

------------------
"All yer asses are mine, prepare to die mightily by my sadism!" - Malar
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:54 pm

A very heartfelt Thank You.

Sylvos
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:10 pm

kiryan was here!