Hammer Proc

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Kegor
Sojourner

Hammer Proc

Postby Kegor » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:09 pm

< T: Kobud TC: excellent E: dire EC: excellent >
A dire wolf staggers from your fearsome crush!
A dire wolf misses you with his claw.

< 505h/452H 119p/119P 19v/150V >
< T: Kobud TC: excellent E: dire EC: small wounds >
Your crush enshrouds a dire wolf in a mist of blood!

< 504h/452H 119p/119P 20v/150V >
< T: Kobud TC: excellent E: dire EC: nasty wounds >
Your huge cold-iron hammer glows brightly as it hits your victim.
a dire wolf sways for a moment and crashes down upon his knees.

< 503h/452H 119p/119P 21v/150V >
< E: dire EC: nasty wounds >
A dire wolf is nearly slain by the force of your crush!

< 502h/452H 119p/119P 23v/150V >
< T: Kobud TC: excellent E: dire EC: awful >
gsay Enemy: dire - Awful
A dire wolf rises to his feet.
You crushed a dire wolf's skull, I'm afraid he's dead.
a dire wolf is dead! R.I.P.

I love the hammer of skullsmashing. Was wondering if the proc could be fixed to do damage as well though. If ya hit the mob hard enough to bring it to its knees it should be doing damage to them.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:06 pm

Cake and eat it to?

Not all weapons do damage on procing, they have affects, and I think bashing a mob is good enough. Geez.

------------------
Ilshad

"Your accomplishment is nothing compared to the glory that is Ilshadrial!!" Yayaril
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:06 pm

Oh yeah, the black longsword bites you in the neck, that has to hurt too, can you make that do damage also.

------------------
Ilshad

"Your accomplishment is nothing compared to the glory that is Ilshadrial!!" Yayaril
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:51 pm

Good ideas. It would be cool if they did damage.

------------------
-Yayaril
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
Cake and eat it to?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats the point of having cake if you're not gonna eat it? Image
apprentice
Sojourner

Postby apprentice » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:42 pm

It's fine the way it is... some weapons do damage, others have a spiffy effect, a few rare ones do both... proc bash on almost all mobs is kickass... and the hammer is great stats too Image
Innova
Sojourner

Postby Innova » Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by apprentice:
proc bash on almost all mobs is kickass</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's nice but not really usefull. If you in a fight with a mob that you NEED bashed (fire giant mage or something), you can't count on it, so you still have to do something else to keep them from casting.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:12 pm

OMG Innova!

That is the whole freaking point of the hammer! Geezus.

------------------
Ilshad

Innova
Sojourner

Postby Innova » Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:24 pm

Does it proc alot now? From what I remember (a long time ago) it didn't proc enough to count on......the mob would still cast, and the group would still die.
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:48 pm

Chance of proc bash > no bash at all

it would kinda deafeat thge point of !bash casters if you could reliably bash them DUH!

however having the chance of bashing them is nice and while it will not prevent casting throughout the fight if it does prevent even one spell that can make all the difference

Azmaell/Azralek

[This message has been edited by Azralek Silvermist (edited 06-27-2002).]
Innova
Sojourner

Postby Innova » Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:57 pm

Well I haven't doen any zones since I've come back (still just level 16!). But about 5 years ago we had to silence all fights (before you could target silence) with casters like that. One spell was one to many.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:48 am

No.

Skullsmasher is quite groovy where its at. No damage is needed, warranted or earned. Not that hard to get anyway.

Sorry.

-Garg

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:16 am

Gargamel used the word groovy!

Everyone gives me weird looks when I use slang that's over 10ish years old. Especially if it's older than they are. Or older than me.

Whenever I say 'shindig' or 'everything's jake' or somesuch, everyone makes that Scooby-Doo "Aroo?" noise.

- Grungar "Ruh roh, re's rusing rang, Raggy!" Forgefire
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:02 am

The bash proc is pretty silly really... but I use the hammer because it does have nice stats for 2h bludgeon. Only other option I know of is Nightbringer.. which also has a very silly proc imo. If anyone knows any other alternatives to the 2h bludgeon thing I'd love to hear them, as I am not very knowlagable in this dept. Useful proc or superior dice roll preferable. Image
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:32 pm

rofl, bash giants not since times when it could bash wraith forms. smasher is straight weak this wipe. The only think I've heard that it still bashes that is remotely cool is imix and efreeti... well and beholders (btw its pretty cool to see a beholder sway and crash to its knees, I'm sure that will be fixed).

You think its plenty powerful? It doesn't compare to any of the 2h slashers even flamberge and probably frostbringer way out damage it. The only case I suppose you could make would be that its 2hb and therefore priestable. It bashes very few mobs that can't be bashed normally the proc doesnt do damage and the dice/dam are about equal to other 2h weapons (slash or blunt)... To top it off it is 2h you really have no business wielding it unless your a pala/anti or a priest. The only reason to want one is nostalgia, your weapons collection, and good ansi.

and lets talk about how not hard it is to get? Its a rare load on an agro grid that you really can't search without 4 people and its not exactly safe in such a small group. 4 clouding giants and a clouding demon that track as a group and individually if their leader dies? That's not hard anymore? There aren't any more one way's to twink it in and kosty doesnt track to the !magic room anymore, but gee he's a push over. Yea there is still the massmorph twink, but if kosty and getting skullsmasher is easy, id like to know what hard is.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Innova:
Does it proc alot now? From what I remember (a long time ago) it didn't proc enough to count on......the mob would still cast, and the group would still die.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm keeping mine in storage. Of course, I have like 60dex, and no 2h bl skill, so I'm not one to talk, but I proc literally about once per 50 mobs.

------------------
Deshana group-says 'guys he's a lil ditzy today'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:04 pm

that shit is not exactly light either.
rorktor
Sojourner

Postby rorktor » Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:16 pm

I think the hammer should definetly be upped in how often it procs. Damage isn't needed, but geez it NEVER procs. I mean I literally spent a full hour hasted in DK and it didn't proc once. I finally just gave up.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:26 am

It is cool when it happens, but if you are going to a zone with any hope that the hammer will save your group from a nasty area then you are in BIG trouble. Still like it tho, good hammer, perhaps make it summon some cake to eat?

------------------
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:05 am

hmm, it procs often enough. i dont think its possible to fight for an hour without it procing especially hasted. The problem is it doesnt bash anything worthwhile anymore and the upper echelons of 2h weapons are just so damn uber.

It is however the most damaging 2h weapon and all around good weapon available to general clerics and priests (rockcrusher being a major exception, possibly that entangle club in utility?). so perhaps the mistake is comparing it to warrior weapons. Still, it was mad cool once upon a time, just sad to see it fall so far behind the times.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:17 pm

I'd like to see a group with 6 druid/priest/shaman types wielding skullsmashers.

------------------
Touk says 'know you not I am Touk, slayer of stupid giants?'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”