Bard/Battlechanter Feedback

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Allycis:
I know you're tired of people bitching about goodies getting mounted combat, but song of defensive harmony makes it go up which doesn't benefit evils at all..For a happy counterpart maybe battlechanter version could increase the defensive skills of illithids...although i know it says physical combatants right now.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right that mounted combat goes up. Incidentally, this does not affect the charge skill. It is only applied to the skill when you actually try to block an attack.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aldira:
Was instrument breakage removed? I haven't heard of anyone breaking an instrument since the changes. If it was removed on purpose, I would like to say [b]THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

If it was an oversight, I would dearly and from the bottom of my heart implore you to not "fix" it.

If we're all just really lucky and it's still in, I would once again dearly and from the bottom of my heart implore you to reconsider it in the first place. (Second place? How many revisions have bards had now? Whatever Image)

As my skills improve, the class is looking more and more fun every minute! Thanks Image

[This message has been edited by Aldira (edited 06-22-2002).][/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Instruments do not currently break. The instruments in the game will be reviewed soon, to make sure they all fit into the current song system. There are no plans at this time to add breakage.

In my personal opinion, breakage was something that only harmed low-level characters and didn't contribute to the difficulties at the elite end of the game. Something like that doesn't really serve any purpose but to torture newbies.
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:29 am

The song of revelation doesn't have an instrument check.

Does max_cha work? Right now, even though I notch store prices, my mana doesn't change at all when I wear it.

Thank you for making instruments no-break!

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aldira:
<B>The song of revelation doesn't have an instrument check.

Does max_cha work? Right now, even though I notch store prices, my mana doesn't change at all when I wear it.

Thank you for making instruments no-break!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nogs. Looking into fixing revelation.

My understanding is that the only equipment that adds mana is mana gear. Illithids have reported to me that raising your power doesn't increase mana for them, either. If you're an illithid and you think that's wrong, please post.

[This message has been edited by Iyachtu (edited 06-22-2002).]
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:37 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>Oh my God, you've never heard anyone ruin a perfectly good song like Gurns just did.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, you haven't heard me play before this? Image

[This message has been edited by Gurns (edited 06-22-2002).]
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:23 pm

At 9:15 (mud clock) this morning, there were 17 goodies on, 4 of whom were bards, none of whom were lower than lvl 20. Image We're baaaaack!

A tweak: song of miscast magic requires a target. If we are fighting, can the target automatically be set to whoever we're fighting? (Isn't that the way it is with targeted offensive spells?)
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iyachtu:
Physical combatants means anyone in physical combat. If the Illithids have some defensive skill that's not going up (if you type practice while that song is on you, it shows your improved skill), please let me know.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The goodie skills I've seen an effect on are parry, dodge, shieldblock, and mounted combat. Not escape or evasion, disarm, etc. That is "things that keep me from getting hit by a sword or club while I am still fighting." Do squids have _any_ abilities which fall into that category?

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gurns:
The goodie skills I've seen an effect on are parry, dodge, shieldblock, and mounted combat. Not escape or evasion, disarm, etc. That is "things that keep me from getting hit by a sword or club while I am still fighting." Do squids have _any_ abilities which fall into that category?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Dodge, which is higher than most caster classes.

Also, to clarify (if anyone doesn't know), riposte isn't actually a defense. It's something that can happen if you succeed with one of the other defenses.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gurns:
<B>At 9:15 (mud clock) this morning, there were 17 goodies on, 4 of whom were bards, none of whom were lower than lvl 20. Image We're baaaaack!

A tweak: song of miscast magic requires a target. If we are fighting, can the target automatically be set to whoever we're fighting? (Isn't that the way it is with targeted offensive spells?)</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will look into doing that.
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:45 pm

Accompany problems i see so far

1) song not getting more powerful
2) doesn't give you a message when you've stopped accompanying
3) after you've stopped (it doesn't list it in score anymore) if you try to redo it it says that person is already being accompanied.
4) crash master general? played with it more today and it didn't crash

Dartok
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:20 pm

song of defensive harmony + illithids
here's some skills i thought should be affected if i understood and you did want defensive illithid skills to be effected:
sense danger, body control, catfall, flesh armor, equalibrium, tower of iron will, stasis field...
just a thought but i like the idea of illithid offensive spells boosting on offensive harmony too

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Allycis:
<B>Accompany problems i see so far

1) song not getting more powerful
2) doesn't give you a message when you've stopped accompanying
3) after you've stopped (it doesn't list it in score anymore) if you try to redo it it says that person is already being accompanied.
4) crash master general? played with it more today and it didn't crash

Dartok</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. It does indeed get more powerful, assuming the bard has a decent accompany skill and skill in the song you're singing.
2. Will address.
3. Haven't been able to re-create this situation. Next time it happens, please post a log here.
4. Shouldn't be crashing anymore. Monitoring, obviously.

[This message has been edited by Iyachtu (edited 06-23-2002).]
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:28 am

Would be cool if our songs affected people who consented us, too.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:51 am

Would be cool if our songs affected people who consented us, too.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me, what's the limit to the number of people who can consent you?
Zaruza
Sojourner

Postby Zaruza » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:37 am

Does charisma really affect my psp? i got maxxed charisma naturally, but if i put on -26 charisma in eq, i dont loose nothing. should it work like this?
nedle
Sojourner

Postby nedle » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:22 pm

Might have been mentioned before...

don't think the roller is working properly for dwarven bards, helpfile indicates a min charisma of 90 yet many rolls come up with fair charisma...

Nedle the halfling chanter
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iyachtu:
Tell me, what's the limit to the number of people who can consent you?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Infinite as far as I know. But first off, I guess I should have been more specific: people in the room and consenting to me. Not suggesting world effects. I just get requests for heals, or I'm wandering along and encounter someone in a fight and I want to help quickly. Maybe they're grouped already, maybe I'm grouped already. If they could quick consent me, then I could be helpful. Like a cleric slapping a heal on 'em, or a mage covering their ass with a protective spell.

Now, perchance you are worried about bards being unbalancing 'cause they have the potential for "room effects", healing 30 or more people at a time, or getting other effects on all of them. Certainly possible. How often is that gonna happen? How often is my full group going to hang around while I heal another full group? How often is my group going to want to share a fight, a kill with another group? Tiamat, ya. Is that a probelm? "Tiamat is the exception to the usual rules." Would it be a problem other times? Hard for me to imagine.

Thanks for listening! Image

[This message has been edited by Gurns (edited 06-26-2002).]
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:17 pm

Thank you for the spell replenish message, the spells showing up in mem, and mana showing up in group!

Some oddness with accompany:
I'm singing song of offensive harmony, and I have another bard accompanying me. I want to switch to song of healing after the tank's stone drops and he gets down to few wounds. I stop singing, and the other bard picks up the song. I am then unable to sing song of healing, because he's singing song of offensive harmony, giving me the message "Another bard song is affecting you!"

Since he's 17 levels below me, I'd like to just knock out his song and take over with whatever I want.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:21 pm

New skill: diva

Essentially you try and outdo all other bards so your song gets heard above all others.

Heh.

- Grungar "I am de greates seenger in de worl!" Forgefire
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:46 pm

Another thing that would be neat would be the ability to switch from area effect to target. Like, if you're singing offensive disharmony on a ton of frost giants, then all die, but one walked in towards the end and he's relatively unharmed, you could sing the same song at that particular giant without having to stop singing and start again, since it's the same song, just added emphasis.

Thanks for your continued work to make this great class even more enjoyable Image

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:26 pm

Wow, tons of ideas. I have to remember not to sleep.

1. Consenting a bard to get their song would leave me without any control over the number of people affected. Having a bard singing offensive harmony for 25 people at Tiamat does kinda concern me, yeah. Sorry, the songs were designed to work in very specific circumstances, I can't see going outside of that.

2. Accompany does require coordination between the bards. If the 2nd bard in your gruop doesn't know to stop singing if you gsay something about it, I suggested you help them learn to do that. It is possible to cancel another bard's song in certain situations, but it's a contest of skills. I wouldn't recommend doing that in your own group, though. It's more designed to deal with bards coming across each other singing.

3. I like the idea of refocusing the song, rather than having to stop singing. I just didn't happen to think of it while designing the stuff. Will prolly take a bit of time to code, but I like the idea.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:41 pm

<B>
1. Consenting a bard to get their song /snip/ I can't see going outside of that.

Okies, thanks for thinking about it!
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grungar:
Essentially you try and outdo all other bards so [b]your song gets heard above all others.
[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bard innate, but we all have it at max skill from lvl 1, so the effects wash out. Image
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:07 pm

Can circle while accompanying.
Can accompany while hungry/thirsty.

Will report more when I see it Image
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:25 pm

More accompany stuff:
If the primary bard isn't in the room and stops singing, the second bard, even though I didn't know he stopped singing, picked up the song myself. Normally, when the primary isn't in the room and a verse goes off, I just stop trying to accompany.

Here's a log of some strange song interaction. I believe Gurns was singing song of renewal in the next room, which caused this, but I'm not sure.
http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001434.html

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:13 pm

This is because Gurns is in the other room singing, and people who have his song on them walk into your room.

I think what I will probably do about this is to have it simply remove those people from the other bard's song list if they're not in the room with the other bard.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:59 pm

<B>Can circle while accompanying.
Can accompany while hungry/thirsty.

Will report more when I see it Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Circling while accompanying is intentional, the other isn't.
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:43 am

Song of sorcery rules.

Fear the speedy spellups (Timestop? NAH!) and the invokers. OMG!

Regards,
Jorus

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:50 am

Latest stuff I'm working on:

1. Can't accompany when hungry.
2. Should get 'someone' type messages when an invis bard is singing in the room and you don't have di. (no message atm, doh)
3. The four melee songs will say who they're targeted on if using single targeting.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:33 pm

<B> Circling while accompanying is intentional
So if _I'm_ singing, you're not paying _any_ attention to my backup singers? Even if they're making noise and trying to stab you in the back? Damn, I'm good.
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:36 pm

<B>This is because Gurns is in the other room singing, and people who have his song on them walk into your room.

I think what I will probably do about this is to have it simply remove those people from the other bard's song list if they're not in the room with the other bard.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you were saying song effects were going to drop instantly when the song stopped. I figured that meant when someone left the room the bard was in, too. I think much of the accompany weirdness Aldira is reporting is because song effects _don't_ stop (quite) instantly, in some situations.

[This message has been edited by Gurns (edited 06-28-2002).]

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:46 am

<B> Yeah, you were saying song effects were going to drop instantly when the song stopped. I figured that meant when someone left the room the bard was in, too. I think much of the accompany weirdness Aldira is reporting is because song effects _don't_ stop (quite) instantly, in some situations.

[This message has been edited by Gurns (edited 06-28-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do stop instantly when the bard stops singing. They don't stop when someone moves in and out of the room (or they wouldn't work at all while moving). There was some funkiness with song of travel, but it's been fixed now.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:31 am

<B>
Originally posted by Iyachtu:
Circling while accompanying is intentional
So if _I'm_ singing, you're not paying _any_ attention to my backup singers? Even if they're making noise and trying to stab you in the back? Damn, I'm good.

The theory I had on this is that circle is a skill, unlike backstab, that doesn't take a tremendous amount of time to execute. The accompanying bard is essentially stopping singing for a moment or two while he executes the attack and starts back in.
biztix
Sojourner

Postby biztix » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:56 am

Wondering...
If the bard is so dependant on the charisma (min 90) how come not a sing skill is listed under Charisma Based Skills? I'm not sure of the underbelly, maybe every thing a bard does is based on a ration of their charisma - if so that makes lots o cents, if not well it would seem a bit outta wack.
Could you give me some insight as to what cha actually effects.
Thanks

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:06 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by biztix:
<B>Wondering...
If the bard is so dependant on the charisma (min 90) how come not a sing skill is listed under Charisma Based Skills? I'm not sure of the underbelly, maybe every thing a bard does is based on a ration of their charisma - if so that makes lots o cents, if not well it would seem a bit outta wack.
Could you give me some insight as to what cha actually effects.
Thanks</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skills are listed under the stat category that affects how often you learn them. The individual bits of code that check stats are actually separate from that.

Charisma is used in the function that determines the quality of the song, and also affects how much total mana you can have (as you level - this isn't affected by gear).
Aldira
Sojourner

Postby Aldira » Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:50 pm

Couple requests:
Add spellcast illusion.

Add a special death message when song of harming kills something.

Make it so that a mob receives a check when you start singing an attack song in their room, instead of an auto-engage. Offensive spells often don't cause mobs to attack when they start casting, but as far as I can tell, they notice every time when you start singing offensive (not when the verse goes off, that'd be obvious).

Also, on bard song interaction with another bard in the area, such as exping on ship:
Pkill situations could arise. One bard is the only healer in a small group, fighting the slaver, the tank gets down to nasty wounds and a battlechanter walks in the room, cancelling the bard's healing song. The bchanter stands there singing, while the bard cannot do anything to help her tank, and the tank dies. The slaver then tracks down and kills the rest of the group. This has not yet occurred, but it could, and it raises serious questions about the extreme restrictions on two singers in the same room.

Once again, thank you for all of the fixes and work that continues to be put into this class (can't ever thank you enough). Image

[This message has been edited by Aldira (edited 06-29-2002).]
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:24 pm

<B>The accompanying bard is essentially stopping singing for a moment or two while he executes the attack and starts back in.

*sniff* I much prefer my explanation: Gurns' performance > life itself Image

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:15 am

<B>Couple requests:
Add spellcast illusion.

Add a special death message when song of harming kills something.

Make it so that a mob receives a check when you start singing an attack song in their room, instead of an auto-engage. Offensive spells often don't cause mobs to attack when they start casting, but as far as I can tell, they notice every time when you start singing offensive (not when the verse goes off, that'd be obvious).

Also, on bard song interaction with another bard in the area, such as exping on ship:
Pkill situations could arise. One bard is the only healer in a small group, fighting the slaver, the tank gets down to nasty wounds and a battlechanter walks in the room, cancelling the bard's healing song. The bchanter stands there singing, while the bard cannot do anything to help her tank, and the tank dies. The slaver then tracks down and kills the rest of the group. This has not yet occurred, but it could, and it raises serious questions about the extreme restrictions on two singers in the same room.

Once again, thank you for all of the fixes and work that continues to be put into this class (can't ever thank you enough). Image

[This message has been edited by Aldira (edited 06-29-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I talked to to Kiaransalee (Forger Admin) about that type of situation when I was deciding how to handle that. It is pkill to do that intentionally. If you see someone who you believe is doing that intentionally, please report it.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:42 am

If you start out singing, and then hold an instrument, does the song code detect the instrument on the next verse, for affects?

Could you make it so that we don't need to use 'song of ...' when we're playing/singing... just the significant parts of the song name.

Thanks!

Eilorn(Mirebas)

------------------
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eilorn:
<B>If you start out singing, and then hold an instrument, does the song code detect the instrument on the next verse, for affects?

Could you make it so that we don't need to use 'song of ...' when we're playing/singing... just the significant parts of the song name.

Thanks!

Eilorn(Mirebas)

Yes to both.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:35 pm

Stuff I'm working on:

1. Allowing switching of song targets... either to go from single target to room or vice versa, and also to allow changing of single target.

2. Changing the means of using songs that are either area or single-target, so that they will default to what you're currently targeting. This will lead to a change so that sing 'song of defensive disruption' room will target the room. Just doing sing 'song of defensive disruption' will target whatever you're currently fighting (or will not work if you're not engaged)

3. Spellcast illusion.

4. Fixing the way bard songs interact with each other. If someone who has a bard song on them in the room is hit by a different bard, will remove the affects from the first bard and allow the song to happen.

5. Remove the lag from intentionally stopping singing, but prevent backstab while you're regaining your composure. If there are other actions that require that change, will most likely add that limitation to them.

That's it for now. Gonna take a bit of work, obviously.

[This message has been edited by Iyachtu (edited 06-30-2002).]
thrankon
Sojourner

Postby thrankon » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:59 am

Also, not sure if this was posted prolly was but too lazy to read all the posts.

1) Can we remove the 'you cant do that while fighitng' problem from stopping a song while in combat. am pretty sure am intellegent enuff to stop singing when i want too.

2) Also, if you remove an instrument while in combat and then type 'play' to stop the song it says you must sing while not holding an instrument and then when u type the sing command it says you must be holding an instrument to start singing.

thanks
thran

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thrankon:
<B>
Also, not sure if this was posted prolly was but too lazy to read all the posts.

1) Can we remove the 'you cant do that while fighitng' problem from stopping a song while in combat. am pretty sure am intellegent enuff to stop singing when i want too.

2) Also, if you remove an instrument while in combat and then type 'play' to stop the song it says you must sing while not holding an instrument and then when u type the sing command it says you must be holding an instrument to start singing.

thanks
thran</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. This is only an issue with the play command, not the sing command (not allowing you to do in combat).

2. Play will work the same way soon.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:56 am

OK. Modded stuff on that list of 5 things I posted. Will be in next code move. Image
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:36 am

I am starting to fear the rise of boy band groups, can we make it so that there can't be exclusive groups made up of bards? The day i see the Backstreet boys running around the mud is the day i quit! =P

of course i am kidding...about the group thing, not bout quitting if i see N'Sync doing jot.

------------------
"Incoming force missles have the right of way!"

Dalen the super paly.
Aram the novice paly.

[This message has been edited by combatmedic (edited 07-01-2002).]
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by combatmedic:
<B>I am starting to fear the rise of boy band groups... Backstreet boys... N'Sync

Just wait a dang minute now, it was you, the other day, when me and Kyrth and Birile were hanging out at the fountain, you who come up and ask us to sing "Mmmmm Bop".
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:24 pm

<B> The theory I had on this is that circle is a skill, unlike backstab, that doesn't take a tremendous amount of time to execute. The accompanying bard is essentially stopping singing for a moment or two while he executes the attack and starts back in.

Unless I'm missing something, circle is not listed as a skill under bard. When do they get this and can the help bard file be updated?

Also, offense is listed at a level higher than when you actually get it (cant remember the particulars)

Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:47 am

Some new bugs Image

If I'm singing "defensive harmony", either targeted or on my group, it doesn't seem to affect them at all. Admittedly, it's Calinth I was testing it on, and we don't always get along IC, but even so....

If I
sing "song" room/target
it starts, but then if I repeat the exact same command (because I didn't see it go through in battle spam), the song stops. Can it say "You're already..." and NOT stop? Thanks.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:27 am

<B>Some new bugs Image

If I'm singing "defensive harmony", either targeted or on my group, it doesn't seem to affect them at all. Admittedly, it's Calinth I was testing it on, and we don't always get along IC, but even so....

If I
sing "song" room/target
it starts, but then if I repeat the exact same command (because I didn't see it go through in battle spam), the song stops. Can it say "You're already..." and NOT stop? Thanks.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, there's a bug that's making the song stop, atm. That'll be fixed soon.

The other issue, where you're singing it on the group, and you go to sing it on the group *again* probably isn't much of an issue, if that bug is fixed, we'll see.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:43 pm

Quick question:

My bards nat charisma is 86, halfelf, level 25ish. I assume that 86 is not the highest charisma notch. But when I wear eq to max it to 100, my psp/mana doesnt increase like hitpoints do when you notch your con.

Any ideas? I seem to be about 30-40 mana behind other bards now, at level 50 this is gonna be more like 100+ mana difference. This seems er...a bit too much, since the roller let me roll it.

And I ain't rerollin Image

Fear the Snurgt!

[This message has been edited by Snurgt (edited 07-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Snurgt (edited 07-06-2002).]

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”