New flee?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Malacar
Sojourner

New flee?

Postby Malacar » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:58 pm

Question... Was it intentional to make it so you can't flee over a prone comrade now? We've been able to do this for years, to allow one-way rooms to be -doable-, so I am just wondering what the rationale was behind this if it was intentional. And if not, then I guess I am reporting a bug. :b

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Question... Was it intentional to make it so you can't flee over a prone comrade now? We've been able to do this for years, to allow one-way rooms to be -doable-, so I am just wondering what the rationale was behind this if it was intentional. And if not, then I guess I am reporting a bug. :b

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you're reporting an odd message:

Grunt! You clamber over Bar's supine form.
PANIC! You couldn't escape!

It's letting you flee over them. If there's some other problem related to this, please post it.

It is saying you couldn't escape, but it's letting you do it.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:18 pm

What is happening though is that the person fleeing is disengaged from the combat, thus making the long-used style of 1-way room combat not useable.

Sylvos

Taken from Yayaril's thread on Flee in ideas:

Couple of observations about the new flee code.
1) It removes the possibility to do 1way fights with more than 1 character. This may have been a welcome change, but it is a change. I enjoyed solo clearing roots, but not a lot of people are going to be able to do that.

2) When I was going through roots and had to flee to get buffing spells, a weird thing happened. If I fled the wrong way - i.e. into the root I was actually disengaged from combat. If it wasn't blind the root would re-engage me, but I effectively managed to flee combat, if not the room.

Sylvos

[This message has been edited by Sylvos (edited 07-07-2002).]

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:56 pm

Actually, they're not being disengaged anymore. That was fixed. Image

The intent on the change to flee, btw, wasn't a nerf at all. It now understands the room blocking code, and gives the character a chance to realize fleeing that way isn't gonna work, plus it's now actually randomized which direction you flee.

[This message has been edited by Iyachtu (edited 07-07-2002).]
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:23 pm

what about that you flee south, when you didnt flee thing is it fixed?

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zoldren:
what about that you flee south, when you didnt flee thing is it fixed?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should be. That was actually the same problem... it thought you had changed rooms, when you'd actually failed your flee.
kaitos
Sojourner

Postby kaitos » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:15 am

I have been noticing a huge increase in failed flees (which just makes huge fights !fun if odds are its going to take you 3-4 rounds to succ flee out). I made some triggers to check last night while zoning and i failed 15 outa 19. That just seem way too high. Almost all of those flees were from a room with 2 exits btw.

Please lower the chance to fail flee back to what it was. I had a better chance of fleeing before when I was in a room with blocking code, let alone a normal room without it.

-Kaitos
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:16 am

Yeah earlier today it occured to me as well that the number of failed flees had increased.

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:53 am

regardless of the problems that may or may not exist (it seems to me also the failure rate is up) i think its fukin awesome that you guys overhauled it. Thanks for listening and trying to fix the idiocy of failing 30 flees in the same blocked direction heh.

I hope that flee fail rates return to somewhat normal (perhaps an old bug was actually letting us flee more often than we shoudlve?).
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:55 am

along with increaed failures is the huge lag associated with flee now ..

YUCK

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ambar:
<B>along with increaed failures is the huge lag associated with flee now ..

YUCK

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd. There wasn't any lag added.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:29 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>regardless of the problems that may or may not exist (it seems to me also the failure rate is up) i think its fukin awesome that you guys overhauled it. Thanks for listening and trying to fix the idiocy of failing 30 flees in the same blocked direction heh.

I hope that flee fail rates return to somewhat normal (perhaps an old bug was actually letting us flee more often than we shoudlve?).</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's just say that after reading the old code, and knocking back several shots to recover from the headahce, I had to take a guess at what the *heck* the final odds were. Image
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:17 pm

rofl Itchy, i wub you Image

thanks for the updates, you been hot on the spot.. free pinky special offers for you!

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”