Dire Raiders

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Dire Raiders

Postby Daz » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:35 pm

I'm curious . . . this class is a result of the lord of the rings movie, wasn't it?

Come on, I just watched it . . . and I saw Mr. Big Ugly with a bow and arrow, and I know Dire Raider popped into MY head!

Does Miax have the one ring, or did nokie find it? Does Gormal look like gollum? Will trolls turn to stone instead of going blind?

Actually, I am joking . . . I can tell that LotR is nothing like sojourn . . . in LotR . . . rangers are useful in groups Image

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:46 am

Bah! Everyone knows dire raiders = WC3! *duck*

------------------
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:41 am

The Dire Raider concept and name was actually developed during Soj3 Alpha - April 2001. I decided to shelve it for awhile until other more pressing business was taken care of - including balancing existing classes.

And while I wasn't the one who devleoped the concept I am rather sure it was not based off of WC3 or LotR considering the timeline. Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:48 am

Lord of the Gayness...er rings....

sucked mightily.....
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:07 pm

"The Dire Raider concept and name was actually developed during Soj3 Alpha - April 2001. I decided to shelve it for awhile until other more pressing business was taken care of - including balancing existing classes.
And while I wasn't the one who devleoped the concept I am rather sure it was not based off of WC3 or LotR considering the timeline"

Keep in mind that in April 2001, Warcraft 3 had been in development for about 86 years, hitting some slight delays along the way.

"What's that smell? Oh, bad dog!"

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:52 pm

The Dire Raider concept and name was actually developed during Soj3 Alpha - April 2001.
...I am rather sure it was not based off of WC3 or LotR considering the timeline.

Yeah Cuz LOTR wasn't released in during WWII or anything. Heh. Nor was there a Bakshi movie made in '78? Or the Rankin and Bass movie...

OF course Goblins riding wolves is from Tolkien, not that it's a big deal, since all of Halflingville and Orcland is Tolkien too.

------------------
emote Rescuepractice
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:27 pm

I answered the question sincerely. Take it or leave it.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>

[This message has been edited by Shevarash (edited 09-04-2002).]

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”