Lich

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Todrael
Sojourner

Lich

Postby Todrael » Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:44 pm

Some things:
Please change Drow and Yuan-ti lich hometowns to their racial hometowns. Bloodstone does not make sense. If reasons for this must be supplied again, I would be more than willing to go through it.

I didn't even scribe life drain in my new books, and it's an 8th circle lich spell. It has an insane failure rate, and when it fails, it does absolutely nothing. To fix this, I would like it to work every time, with a save for half, and protection from undead would also halve it. It would probably still be too weak to mem, but at least powerful enough to scribe.

The dagger of oblivion is a caster dagger with rogue dagger stats. I'd like to see it have stats that are useful to casters, int_max, hps, something, almost anything other than hit/dam. I have 2/2 when not wielding it, as does basically every other mage in the game. An extra 4/3 is not going to make me a hitter.

Rain of blood and nerve dance have probably some of the worst spelling, grammar, or just plain lamest damage messages of any spell in the game. I'm really not trying to insult anyone by saying that, but my brother actually laughs and makes fun of me when he sees me cast the spells, and it kind of detracts from the whole 'I'm an undead lord of pain, the Ravager, the rotting dark drow' to see 'A member of the barbazu ring patrol is coated in blood, I don't think they appreciated that.'

Any estimate on when undead vision might go in?

Thank you for changing ice tomb to necromancy.

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback - I'll see what can be done. Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:43 pm

Restore liches to their former toril-like glory!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:15 pm

I agree with Todrael's assessment. In many non-human cultures, they revere and honor their liches.

------------------
-Yayaril
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:29 pm

Yeah, take a look at Kieth Richards. I'm pretty sure he's undead, and not human. And hell, even humans revere him... it... whatever.

- Grungar "Humor escapes me" Forgefire
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:39 am

I love the damage messages on rot. They are just too awesome.

------------------
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:27 pm

Oh another thing - should lich take smoke inhalation damage on smoke plane? Image

Ssryth.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:04 pm

I know having an undead class makes it pretty hard to put things in consistently, thank you for working hard at fixing up the little discrepencies. Another one recently found: undead shouldn't contract lycanthropy.

I've also been thinking about our so-called immunity to poison, and I think it would be a good idea if venom at least did half damage against undead, a kind of permanent slow poison, as slow poison shouldn't be able to be cast on undead.

About the recent changes: life drain is great, not too powerful, but switching beltyn's to 7th circle might have been a bit much. Everyone loves it, obviously, as it was a huge upgrade to the class, but everyone I've talked to has been a little worried that it might be considered too powerful, one quoted as saying "We deserve that power though." Still checking things out.

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Allycis:
Restore liches to their former toril-like glory!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometime I shall look up my other post.

I had proposed things like 10% innate MR...

------------------
Touk says 'know you not I am Touk, slayer of stupid giants?'
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:20 am

I'll keep bringing this stuff up every so often until I'm told 'That and that won't happen.'

As I said above, I know that it's a pain to have a class that fits outside the norm of what the mud considers a player, and I just hope that you can manage to put up with my incessant 'feedback'.

Would like my hometown to be fixed, the dagger to be changed, inability to be affected by lycanthropy, poison/venom affects on undead to be looked at, locate remains to be looked at and see if it could be made targettable, and that undead vision I heard was coming to be put in. Thanks for listening.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Todrael (edited 09-11-2002).]
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:51 pm

Gotta give a nod here to the few people who have played liches. While I understand the need for game balance....you endure quite a lot for all the "power" and "perks" of being a lich. I've never played the class...but I will wholeheartedly agree to some minor tweaking to make the class more than just an "accomplishment badge". Yes I've grouped with them, I'm not implying they are useless or anything of the sort....but they give up quite a lot for what they get....just my 2 coppers as usual.
Somerled
Sojourner

Postby Somerled » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:48 am

Yes I know its been turned down every time .. but I just cant help sayin it .. boneskin spell, lesser? version of stone, undead only .. Necros could provide a little more support to thier pets, Liches could "bone" themselves. Being that there are significantly few Necros and a VERY small number of Liches ... I cant see this affecting balance in ANY way whatsoever.

Just an excellent idea ive always thought.

------------------
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Somerled:
<B>boneskin spell? stone, undead only .. I cant see this affecting balance in ANY way whatsoever.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI, necros/liches can heal themselves without end if they have pets, they have pets that can tank, they have sick offense - and you want them to have stoneskin?
Sszantiel
Sojourner

Postby Sszantiel » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:55 am

Yea, I'm gonna agree with Cherzra. Liches with boneskin would be a bit over the top. Our damage is second to invokers so imagine a shaman with a lot more nukes. People already think shamans are too powerful as it is.

On the other hand, we do need the the things Todrael outlined looked at. Perhaps a slight upgrade to Locate Remains? A cool idea might be to make it only locate player corpses and preserved corpses and show the whole room like scry remains. As it is, it is not worthwile to mem.

/sszan
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
FYI, necros/liches can heal themselves without end if they have pets, they have pets that can tank, they have sick offense - and you want them to have stoneskin?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is NOT true anymore, and has not been for some time. After tanras was testing it out, they modified it so that lich pets can NOT heal the lich. The lich can heal themselves, but I was reliably informed that you cannot have your pet heal you.

------------------
Muma tells you 'schpank?'
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:38 pm

Yeah what do I know, I'm a noob.

Must suck to be a goodie necro/lich then since they obviously go without this capability Image
Azhag
Sojourner

Postby Azhag » Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:57 am

Another (cosmetic) thing which I think would be nifty is customised descriptions for various undead types. Right now, all undead are described as moaning corpses. This description is really only suitable to zombies and ghouls. I think adding interesting and scary descriptions to higher level undead would really add a lot of RP flavor to the class.

Azhag
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:38 am

I think you are wrong moreithel. I'm pretty sure I see lichs have their pets cast heal undead all the time when the lich is soloing something (without his pets in the room).

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
<B>I think you are wrong moreithel. I'm pretty sure I see lichs have their pets cast heal undead all the time when the lich is soloing something (without his pets in the room).
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know for a fact it couldn't work at the end of *last* incarnation, and I never saw Anila use pets to heal herself this wipe, so I assumed that it wouldn't have worked on her.

Hmm... if so, I guess it was changed back once they no longer had pets that could stone?

------------------
You tell Gormal 'helping w/spank?'
Gormal tells you 'creating spank'
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:47 am

Is Undead Vision still planned to be coming in?

------------------
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:52 am

One more....

No Lycanthropy for Liches, please. It just doesn't make sense.

------------------
"I know you like to believe fairy tales about how rude and unfair evils are, but keep them on your side of Baldur's Gate."

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”