Haste spell

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:54 pm

just because i say its dumb to not use rescue triggers doesnt mean i dont think it has a negative effect on the game. insta rescues are a lot of why mages dont die. mages being weak and dieing is one of the balances to mages spell power.
but anyways...

convenience is convenience, but there are 4 separate classes that can cast haste, 2 of which can do it continusously with little effort. If you want haste, bring someone to haste, someone who isn't also solely responsible for providing all the other defensive spells. you can't ask 1 warrior to tank bash rescue and do damage, why should 1 enchanter haste, blur, stone, globe? we already decreased globe chant time a lot and haste too i believe... then we impd timestop. when will the convenience be too convenient?

and what the hell are necro/lichs doing during spellup that keeps them so busy? or are you talking in actual battle? how many battles last longer than 2 minutes? thats giving you a whole minute to put hastes up.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 09-20-2002).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:17 pm

Ragorn: I didn't just say that I have the capability to do it. I said that I could do it with minimal effort. Minimal effort being typing 3 letters and hitting enter, then waiting 5 seconds. I don't give up anything to do it. I don't even have to mem afterwards.

As I said before, I still want haste duration increased, though Image

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Can we please see the duration of this spell upped to around 5 minutes a shot?

That or add a new 9th circle spell that is called 'Improved Haste', and have it last 2-3x longer than haste.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Please! we have enough spells to cast constantly. especially those of us who do not have the spell "time stop" *Whistle* ESPECIALLY when we are the only enchanter and usually when we group we ARE The only enchanter with like 7 hitters heh.

------------------
Leah A. W.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:33 pm

So, so far the only retort anyone has posted to "Haste duration needs to be increased" is "You suck, bring more necros."

I will mentally note that there is, in fact, NO REASON not to increase haste duration since nobody in 53 posts has been able to provide one.

I do find it amusing that we're spending our effort trying to increase the efficiency of melee classes, and your answer is "bring more casters." I do like irony.

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:09 pm

the question should not be is there any reason not to change it. it should be is there a good reason to change it.

i've yet to see a compelling reason to change haste. i see a bunch of whining about no one plays necros and i can't be bothered to cast/recast hastes. this reminds me a lot of early in the wipe when there were 0 goody invokers. you know what you need to do, now go do it.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:19 am

And all I see is kiryan yet again calling people whiners, when he has yet to provide any decent feedback other than 'blow me goodies, I need proof or the change won't go in, don't you know I am a god?!'

Go away kiryan, you're starting to hurt my brain.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:53 am

basicaly what i have gotten from this thread

nobody is around to haste me, give me the spell

nobody wants to haste me, so make it last longer when i get it

does this realy need responding to?....

------------------
Cap'n Touk

Ah the never ending good / evil debate has provided endless amusement for us all has it not? Both sides have a different mentality, evils appear to me as a closer nit group of people who expect a higher standard of play out of each other. Goodies are a broader group of people that cross group frequently and to me appear more easy going.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:56 am

That's what people have turned it into, yes.

Thanks for destroying a thread.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:08 am

What I have gotten from this thread:

Increase haste duration please.

Whats the big deal, jebus. The guy suggested increasing haste duration, I dont see the huge problem with it. I just dont see anything worth arguing about so vehemently.

Though there is a thread about downgrading goodberries with almost 50 replies so I guess I shouldnt be surprised :P

------------------
Snurgt take no prisoner.
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snurgt:
<B>Though there is a thread about downgrading goodberries with almost 50 replies so I guess I shouldnt be surprised :P

Hmm, wait, and goodies are the whiners in this picture? Wow.

Regards,
Jorus
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
<B> Hitters already ARE hasted all the fights, all the time, and a good necro/lich gets hastes up FASTER than a time-stopped enchanter.

If your hitters are not hasted, you can't lead a balanced group properly, and should go back to sit at 3w.

I think you need to reverse that...
If you NEED your hitters hasted in order to lead a group properly, maybe YOU should go back and sit at 3w.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:

I think you need to reverse that...
If you NEED your hitters hasted in order to lead a group properly, maybe YOU should go back and sit at <B>3w.

------------------
Cherzra- "My only innate is max 10 evils on"
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:36 pm

wow lots of pissin and moanin.

increase the duration of haste for enchanters only. we ARE enchanters after all.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>wow lots of pissin and moanin.

increase the duration of haste for enchanters only. we ARE enchanters after all.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea we specialize in enchantment. and agree Snurgt.

------------------
Leah A. W.

Golnol jumps into muma's arms and gives her a kiss on the cheek

Yonkle OOC: 'Sometimes ooc sounds like Sleep Deprivation Anonymous.' <-- ROFL
Ythera OOC: 'Her pink can fly forth and sting the neck of a cobra, causing it instant death before it can even realize what the blur of motion in the air in front of it is!'
Uzzel
Sojourner

Postby Uzzel » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:55 pm

All this talk about haste..

Playing a enc with the necro spell haste is a pain! Remove it from the enc class.

It is as Malacar says a pain in the butt for the enc to cast along with his other 1-11 other spells pr target a enc haveto cast on a perfect spellup. So suuure add improved haste, just dont add it on to the enc class.

And if you do add it to the enc class just in spite, make sure not to add it on 9th circle the few constrictions we have are FAR to valuable to be wasted on a whineing warrior!

There are plenty other classes out there sitting on their ass doign notthing on spellups... Give it to rogues and warriors I'm sure they woundt say anything agaist that, or better yet lets have the haste items back in the game!

Sslarris --- Tod get a pet, I'm not globeing!

------------------
Uzzel
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Uzzel:
<B>All this talk about haste..

Playing a enc with the necro spell haste is a pain! Remove it from the enc class.

It is as Malacar says a pain in the butt for the enc to cast along with his other 1-11 other spells pr target a enc haveto cast on a perfect spellup. So suuure add improved haste, just dont add it on to the enc class.

And if you do add it to the enc class just in spite, make sure not to add it on 9th circle the few constrictions we have are FAR to valuable to be wasted on a whineing warrior!

There are plenty other classes out there sitting on their ass doign notthing on spellups... Give it to rogues and warriors I'm sure they woundt say anything agaist that, or better yet lets have the haste items back in the game!

Sslarris --- Tod get a pet, I'm not globeing!

Yeah I agree 100%.

Yesterday I was doing BB and Lava, and was single enchanter, and 2 elementalists. Guess who had to globe and haste the rogue after scaling all?

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:18 pm

Perhaps a compromise would be to have a check when haste wears off. If the user is fighting it could last an additional x minutes or until the fight is over, whichever comes first.

- Mike
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:19 pm

While I disagree vehemently with your sarcasm in not giving it to enchanters...

I do agree about giving other classes haste assignments in a group. Unfortunately, that's not always available, and is a rarity.

It's been said 100 times to date, but I'll repeat it. Evils don't have a firm grasp of goodie groups, and vice versa. We goodies don't have all those niche classes like you evils do, nor do we function like you do; like a well oiled machine.

Your input is appreciated, but it doesn't cover the goodie groups in the slightest.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:28 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but for once - I didn't wanna make a new one.

My chanter, who is just about level 30, was doing XP today. Yay, XP I guess. Early in the group, I am rudely told 'Haste playerX'

Well, I did what I think any enchanter should do.

/gag {haste}

After a while, from the funny pokes and looks I was getting, I determined that they were trying to get me to haste them. Silly people. So, I made my mistake. I hasted someone in the group. Then, to be nice, i /ungag {haste}.

Big mistake.

Next thing I know, I am being told that my role in the group is to haste people, and I should learn how to play my class. rofl.

So, keep in mind, I don't normally mem haste. Minor Paralysis baby, pure spite.

I was under the impression that my group jobs included things such as stoneskin, blur, faerie fire, ray of enfeeblement, and enervate, but this is not so.

Enchanters are ONLY there in xp groups to haste. Well, I parted ways with the groups, and received such polite tells as 'have fun looking for an XP group.'

Lol, yes, because chanters struggle to find groups on the goodie side. I shall suffer terribly.

I just wanted to let the other enchanters know what I learned today.

Scribe new books, forget the haste spell.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:49 pm

We're with ya Daz, one step ahead of ya, check here for the current thread Image

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002334.html

------------------
Snurgt take no prisoner.
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:57 am

<I>Originally posted by Daz:
[...]
So, keep in mind, I don't normally mem haste. Minor Paralysis baby, pure spite.
[...]
</I>

Uhmm... You do know that minor paralysis is broken as soon as the mob is hit, right?

------------------
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:34 am

as i said, it is pure spite Image

chanters have nothing decent at 4th circle except haste, so i took the next most amusing spell. besides, if i do that, and another player hits the mob, they are switched to. then, the warriors can worry about rescues instead of asking for hastes. hahaha.

i'm not as noob as i sound Image
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:16 pm

jumpin in here ... it isnt that big of a deal to haste when doing xp .. hell i even haste in zones if im not that busy (sha right solo scaler and i LOVE it)

thats like not stoning on globed mobs cause stone falls so fast

*eyeroll*

don't play ther class if you refuse any portion of it's capabilities

-The world according to Momma Jen
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:24 pm

yawn
Risaros
Sojourner

Postby Risaros » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:44 pm

Screw haste, it makes you too busy to cast prism.

i do cast hast, i just forget to.... alot
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:34 pm

amen, risaros.
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:11 am

If I didn't want to cast hastes, I wouldn't play a hasting class. Enough said, perhaps you should do the same? I don't deny it's difficult to play enchanter. I don't deny that haste would be REALLY nice if it lasted longer. But for god's sakes, grow some balls and play your class decently if you're going to play it.

Xebes

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
Risaros
Sojourner

Postby Risaros » Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:34 am

Must haste the bard! but seriously i just forget to haste, when i do i cast blur on my haste targets cause they have the same duration so i can see when it is out without gsays. So if you are a rogue/ranger/bard ask me for a haste if im not doing it, im not being lazy, just forgetfull.

[This message has been edited by Risaros (edited 11-18-2002).]
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:39 am

I want haste to age players 1 year.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:44 pm

give all casters haste including invokers and rangers and paladins and anits problem solved

------------------
MoM-D
Kazibblie
Sojourner

Postby Kazibblie » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:53 am

Agree Xebes!!

It is a chanters job to haste the hitters. If you're the only enchanter in the group and can't handle it all by yourself, then maybe there should be another chanter to help out. Else, mem out and prioritize your spells.

So maybe ya miss a haste here and there. No biggie. You'll pick it up when ya can. No need to get bent just because someone asks you to do what yer sposed to do Image

------------------
Kaz
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:35 am

i love getting flamed when people don't read what i say.

the problem is being TOLD, not ASKED.

wanna know the difference?

ask =
will you please read my posts before attacking me?

told =
read my posts before you comment on what i say, jackass.

i hope i have sufficiently illustrated the difference.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:43 pm

I may not agree completely with Daz here... But I am with him on the tell versus ask thing.

If you tell me for haste, expect to be put on ignore and/or gag. If you ask nicely, and remind me (I admittedly forget a lot, it's not high on my priority list)...You'll probably get it.

I think this brings on another topic though.

Bored warriors asking for haste without an elementalist in the group. I'll put my next statement boldly forth:

If you are a warrior, and the mob is fireshielded, and you aren't getting an elemental ward, don't fucking ask for haste. It's a waste of Enchanters time to haste you, when our dscales and stones drop so fucking quick it's silly.

Thanks, drive through.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
I may not agree [b]completely with Daz here... But I am with him on the tell versus ask thing.

If you tell me for haste, expect to be put on ignore and/or gag. If you ask nicely, and remind me (I admittedly forget a lot, it's not high on my priority list)...You'll probably get it.

I think this brings on another topic though.

Bored warriors asking for haste without an elementalist in the group. I'll put my next statement boldly forth:

If you are a warrior, and the mob is fireshielded, and you aren't getting an elemental ward, don't fucking ask for haste. It's a waste of Enchanters time to haste you, when our dscales and stones drop so fucking quick it's silly.

Thanks, drive through.

[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll haste me when i tell you to haste me, and like it! *slap*

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:29 am

I feel like adding my nickel.

I don't ask for haste, and don't demand for it, most of the time I really don't care.

The spell itself only serves to speed up time really. It still doesn't place a melee damager on par w/ a spell damager, so I don't really see what the huge deal is.

Self-haste is probably overdoing it, but changing the duration would definately be a welcome change I would imagine.

All in all, until melee is fixed to be as viable as spell damage, haste will continue to be somewhat of a moot point. No change, no feedback...

Twinshadow

------------------
Ashiwi: And don't go jumping on my ass just because I'm responding to you, I'm wearing my "Malacar-proof" spiked buttguard for this occasion.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Postby Abbayarra » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:50 am

An idea would to make haste a real short duration, like say only a minute. Then make it so that when you cast haste is gets everyone in the group. Group haste.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”