Headbutt knockout

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Vahok
Sojourner

Headbutt knockout

Postby Vahok » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:14 pm

As I'm lying here holding up my group...don't you think the knockout effect is too long. I mean if the mob is tough, you'll die right away if it's 1 min or 5 min. If it's low, you could lie there for an hour and it still won't kill ya. C'mon, gimme some headbutt love!

------------------
Meatshield

[This message has been edited by Vahok (edited 10-19-2002).]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vahok:
<B>As I'm lying here holding up my group...don't you think the knockout effect is too long. I mean if the mob is tough, you'll die right away if it's 1 min or 5 min. If it's low, you could lie there for an hour and it still won't kill ya. C'mon, gimme some headbutt love!

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There should be a smelling salts item in the game Image. It would act like a wand and be like a !agressive area spell that negates k.o. effects...that would rule.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:10 am

Headbutt KO needs to be redone completely. As it stands now, as many of us have posted - it is effectively near useless. Why?

If we solo, its death - if we group - its a hideous delay.

What can we do?

Instead of the current KO for either victim, headbutt should do massive damage and then 'super stun' the victim so that while they are able to fight/melee etc, they are NOT able to flee, bash, cast, circle, trip, etc etc.

The duration of this affect should be shortened somewhat, but still be rare - this way, headbutt is a viable damage method and occasionally a benefit to combat without becoming overly powerful.

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:37 am

I dont see how its death if you solo since mobs just let you be if yer KO. Try getting yer HB to 99 before judging it. It rocks at high levels. You KO so many more mobs then when you KO yourself. And it does great damage.

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:53 am

imho..

I'd like to see headbutt have the chance of failure increased a litle, however on failure give an 80% chance of 10 round stun, and 20% for warrior to KO. Thus the chance to KO self would be reduced significantly, however an interesting effect would be added.

Keep in mind that headbutt is not used very often in zones for the same reasons shieldpunch or kick are not, the value of them does not over-ride rescuing in any way. Headbutt is fun, fun is good.

------------------
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:26 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B>I dont see how its death if you solo since mobs just let you be if yer KO.

?

Mobs *always* keep hitting me when I KO myself, and it usually results in death. It's like para, where the mob keeps recognizing and attacking you.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:15 pm

Headbutt is a great skill, the damage was upped once already and just plain rocks. There's no other skill out there that does what it does.

I would agree that the KO duration is a little long. It should last a minute or two at most. Right now it seems to be about 10 minutes. Does a professional boxer go down for 10 hours if he gets konked?

-Lorgan

------------------
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:29 pm

It's always 5 mins exactly for me Image
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:36 pm

Thanks Cherz Image

When's the last time you saw mike tyson or evander hollyfield go down for 5 hours?

And we all know that warriors > mike tyson, so lets reduce the ko time!

-Lorgan

------------------
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:25 pm

Gormal - while my headbutt is not at 99 yet, it IS close to being mastered. I have invested days upon days practicing it.

1 - Most mobs WILL continue bludgeoning your ass to death after you KO yourself. I have been killed by by < lvl 15 mobs many times.

2 - I have yet to get better than a 1:1 average for KO's me to them. Is dwarf headbutt different than barbarian headbutt maybe? Perhaps size is a factor . . .

------------------
The wardens of the cage disallow all commands except say, petition, project and help
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:17 pm

Gimme headbutt love! Seriously, isn't 5 min or so a bit much. My point is still valid...a half ass decent mob will kill ya, but a real crappy mob will still miss ya if just practicing. Like I said, it is just a waste of a zoning group's time. I have never died in a zone group while heatbutting but soloing this guys would kill me in 30 seconds. Make the knockout time shorter. Any half-way intelligent tank wouldn't headbutt a 40+ mob solo because they know they would die...

------------------
Meatshield
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
It's always 5 mins exactly for me Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*hands Cherzra some headwraps*

------------------
MoM-D
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:15 pm

Ok i got my headbutt to 95 now, and im getting maybe a 2 to 1 ko ratio instead of a 1 to 1 ko ratio like i was gettin before.
The problem is, i KO the yuan ti raider but KO self on the death knight in CC, never the other way around. Well thats not true, because i KOed self on a yuan-ti raider one time and it FRIGGIN KILLED ME. Thats just rediculous. KO time needs to either be reduced or the chance to KO removed entirely if this is gonna be a skill worth using. If not just put it next to hitall on the "skills to use when you don't care what happens" list.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:45 pm

any skill that makes a warrior unable to rescue and bash is a novelty/exp/fuking around skill.

i might add sp, but shaman an illusionists way better than warriors at shutting mobs down.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:40 am

I RARELY use shieldpunch, I practice hitall when I am soloing splitshield, thats about it, I mainly headbutt when I am doing XP/Novelty zone and I am not the main tank.

------------------
Gormal group-says 'shut up before i stab you in the face with my cock'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:31 am

As I'm laying here again, I stand by my above post Image ....

------------------
Meatshield
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:10 pm

does major para even last for 5 minutes? i dont think so...

------------------
a HUGE purple worm swallows Jaznolg whole! it looks much refreshed but still very hungry!
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:51 pm

ooooh if it lasts 5 min..
why don't warrior mobs over 40+ ever try to headbutt players...

Funny....mob ko'ing itself on a player...

funnier... seeing a player skull cracked by something like a frost giant..

funniest.. Seeing Gormal's goat headbutted by a gnome mob!
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:00 am

Bumping this post due to the fact I'm laying here again Image

------------------
Meatshield
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:31 pm

If I was leading in a zone, and you Ko'd yourself doing something as stupid as headbut, your ass would be getting left behind really, really fast if we had another tank Image

-Gerad

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:21 pm

I dont see much of a problem with headbutt. I have mastered the skill for quite awhile now and still fail. I am really fine with the fails. I only use it in a group when I am not the primary tank and when I know that I can be left behind without jeopardizing the health of the group. The KO time I feel is justified since when last i checked my headbutt was doing around 250-300 dam. An extra 250-300 dam once every 2 rounds is a nice up.

Prac your skills, live with the pain.

Veni vedi vici - or however you say it

Toarn
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:59 pm

just give the healer classes an awaken spell that should help a little...i agree the headbut ko is a little long but that should help
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:16 pm

Make the unconscious duration depend on the weight of the helmet worn.
Heavier helmet = less time to be KO'd.
No helmet = whatever the max is now

------------------
Disco
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>Headbutt KO needs to be redone completely. As it stands now, as many of us have posted - it is effectively near useless. Why?

If we solo, its death - if we group - its a hideous delay.

What can we do?

Instead of the current KO for either victim, headbutt should do massive damage and then 'super stun' the victim so that while they are able to fight/melee etc, they are NOT able to flee, bash, cast, circle, trip, etc etc.

The duration of this affect should be shortened somewhat, but still be rare - this way, headbutt is a viable damage method and occasionally a benefit to combat without becoming overly powerful.

I like Kifles Idea!!!

------------------
~ The best part of repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe ~
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:40 pm

i could be wrong, but i think headbutt is a novelty skill. give you something fun to play with but nothing uber. Gives warriors a little flavor but doesn't affect melee rankings much.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sartorix:
<B>Make the unconscious duration depend on the weight of the helmet worn.
Heavier helmet = less time to be KO'd.
No helmet = whatever the max is now

I second this twice.

Or something.

Good idea Image

gerad

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vahok:
<B>As I'm lying here holding up my group...don't you think the knockout effect is too long. I mean if the mob is tough, you'll die right away if it's 1 min or 5 min. If it's low, you could lie there for an hour and it still won't kill ya. C'mon, gimme some headbutt love!

hell i got stunned by a headbutt from gura, and during that fight i killed him, he came back in to arena from death stun to kill me and i was still stunned from that headbutt, what is wrong with this picture

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”