I am angered.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

I am angered.

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:12 pm

<> news
Day of Rotting... sort of.

Why must imms always cause things to rot? Do the people not wish for their corpses to be around, to remind others of their passing? How am I to build my necropolis, absent the bard song of preserving? It's so hard to ensure that roomfuls of pcorpses endure.

Please advise.

------------------
Toarn group-says 'my lvl 50 buffer has officially been Mori-fied.'
Shevarash tells you 'you want to mud marry me? *scratch*'
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
It's so hard to ensure that roomfuls of pcorpses endure.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
All is flux, this too shall pass, you can't step in the same river twice.

But think! A room with a paltry few dozens of corpses? Is that a proper legacy! Nay! A true Morituary would have hundreds of corpses, leading to the new game "How many corpses do you see before you lose link?"

And of course, most people prevent this from happening in the first place, either by getting ressed or leaving their corpse to rot where they died. So a rotting of those that a left? Bah, a nothing!

Instead, I think you need to keep log files, find the pile of corpses within, and post that list. Add to it over the weeks, months, years. Then and only then will all behold the true monument -- the 25,000 pcorpse pyramid, as it were.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:40 pm

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again.

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:06 pm

Such as the age when WoT was first written...
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:25 am

WoT. What an abysmal disappointment that series has become. It started so well. Now you gotta wait 2.5 years for the next book in which nothing interesting happens, nobody dies, no prophecies come true, and the plot doesnt get even one step closer to wrapping up. What, isn't RJ up to book 10 now?!

Mp

------------------
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:39 am

I have to agree with you Mplor. I was a big fan of WoT about 5-6 years ago heh. And book 7 had just come out. I thought it was tapering off even then, but it was still pretty good. I eagerly awaited each book that came out... and now I'm just bored of it. I bought book 10 when it came out, skimmed it a little, and havent picked it up since. I think its still a great story, very detailed, but just TOO detailed, TOO many characters, etc. Just my opinion. Maybe I'll be more motivated to finish reading it all when the whole thing is said and done.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:06 am

You mean you didn't know?

Robert Jordan is going to keep writing the Wheel of Time series continuing on with the Rand story and putting book after book after book out until Rand is long gone and Lews Therwin is reincarnated as some sheepherder in a little town when him and two of his friends run into an Aes Sedi and....

Well you get the idea..

It's a perfect model for perpetual books!

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gurns:
Add to it over the weeks, months, years. Then and only then will all behold the true monument -- the 25,000 pcorpse pyramid, as it were.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, wisdom. I thank you, Great Bard.

------------------
Sparks crackle in your ear as Kossuth tells you 'answer for you, possibly, O Spankmagnetic One'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”