Uptime and Quests continued

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
gnerble
Sojourner

Uptime and Quests continued

Postby gnerble » Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:25 am

Hi everyone, here is my current gripe.

As everyone knows, mud up times have been getting longer and longer. Reboots are fewer and far between.

The idea here is that "This mud is so huge, go out and explore". Well, as everyone knows, humans enjoy prioritizing things and many people have difficulty really concentrating on more than a few quests at a time.

Anyway, with that said, I've been exploring a lot more, only to find that many quests are still broken or are not working. It's a little frusterating. Almost all of the Bloodstone quests are not working, same with many from Faerie Forest, and from BGR.

I would love to volunteer to fix quests, or maybe someone else could explain why it takes years to fix these things.

I'm not trying to be condescending or bitter, I'm serious here!

Thanks!

------------------
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:47 am

let's not forget that MD and GN are also incomplete.

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'
Vlorm tells you 'you da man!'
Esrel tells you 'dartan is cool'
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:54 am

All BGR and MD quests I looked at (six+ months ago) are working correctly. mmail me if you feel something needs attention.

Bloodstone's quests are almost all written as code procs so they are not easily fixed.

The 'broken' FF quests were removed from the game due to the rewards being deemed too powerful (ie faerie goggles)

I am unaware of any GN quests which are in need of fixing. Feel free to mmail that area maker directly if you have concerns.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:13 am

What does any of this have to do with uptime? Broken quests are old hat.

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:36 am

The quests in GN that need finished are the end of Kralgar, and the end of Kri'it, I believe.

For Kralgar, the official answer I got from Cyric when he emailed the zone writer was: "'It will be done when I finish the next part of the zone', but it's anyone's
guess when that might be...sorry =]"
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shargaas:
<B>All BGR and MD quests I looked at (six+ months ago) are working correctly. mmail me if you feel something needs attention.

Bloodstone's quests are almost all written as code procs so they are not easily fixed.

The 'broken' FF quests were removed from the game due to the rewards being deemed too powerful (ie faerie goggles)

I am unaware of any GN quests which are in need of fixing. Feel free to mmail that area maker directly if you have concerns. </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the MD quests are fine, it's the fact that the zone itself is incomplete is bad.

------------------
Shevarash OOC: 'I never thought I'd long for Muma to be on OOC'
Oyob tells you 'are you a god?\'
Free quest info <---- <A HREF="http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=140794
Vlorm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=140794
Vlorm</A> tells you 'you da man!'
Esrel tells you 'dartan is cool'
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:30 pm

Shargaas you are awesome and have done so much for me already. I really appreciate your response to this thread.

The BGR quests themselves are complete. The problem is that you have to trade in 120+ items to get a handful of items that are on par with eq from Split Shield, because the final zone was never finished. Cyric and I had an email conversation about this back in September. I offered to write the new zone, or put quests on some of the mobs in the zone, but I haven't heard back.

Kossuth and Garguath have both helped me out with Bloodstone quests. They checked to see if some items loaded at all, or if they were in the game. I will talk to Shevarash about fixing some of the hard-coded items and I will send an email to Cyric about getting some of the items that don't load anymore to load! My favorite ptell so far has been: "You know all those quests are broken!" Please put this on a sign outside the zone.

I get tells all the time about mobs in Faerie Forest that still have quest information for the faerie goggles or the rod of resurrection. Can those mobs' quest files be removed? The zone is a great zone, one of Sojourn's staples. Would love to see that zone updated. Shargaas - if the files have been removed, cool, but I still get tells all the time asking me if I've been in Oberon's temple, etc.

The quests in Griffon's Nest that are "broken" are also like BGR quests. Once you get to a certain point, the mob tells you that the items are in a zone that has not been added yet. The two I can think of off of the top of my head are Kralgar and Kir'it.

What about the quest for the artifact hammer? You know, the scroll by the displacer beast, the locked exit by the lighthouse in Waterdeep? Isn't this a god run quest? That is a source of frusteration for many new players (and old, at least once)

I thought the whole Khanjari dagger awakening thing was handled poorly. I have spent days in Myth Drannor, Zhentil Keep, and other areas looking for rares or mobs that respond to questions related to the dagger and its awakening. I was told last week by a few different people that the dagger will be activated upon completion of a god-run quest. Have other items in the game been "upgraded" as the results of a god-run quest? I thought that was all for restrings. I do believe that this is a great idea, but maybe people need to be notified.

Big hugs to Kossuth, Gargie, Dr. Cyric, Erevan, and Shargaas for all of the help that they have given me.

------------------
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:46 pm

Please. Please, please, please, please, please, please. And in case you missed it... pleeeeeeeeeease...
Instead of nerfing a quest when an item's too powerful nerf the ITEM! There are already so many dangling, unfinished quests around the mud that people spend hours and hours and hours of their time on pointlessly without creating them intentionally. I'd be so very thrilled if the Evermeet quests were returned to the game with low level rewards commisurate with the work involved in completing them.

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 01-29-2003).]
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:41 pm

Like Ash said, since there are no faerie goggles anymore, put something else there or redo the goggles. Make them True sight 1 time an hour or something. Make them what they were, but make them have a 'recharge' time that when you take them off it takes X minutes before they work again.
Make them something completely different. Prot Evil !charm 4maxagi or something.
OHHHHH Here's one
lev maxagi perm reduce
or make the reduce a called proc once a day.

As for the other EM quests, Elder Queen Wildelves are both too powerful?

Since NO ONE playing has any idea what they ever gave, the same could work for them.

I've had thoughts about how to fix/finish the Wildelf one where it would take quite a bit to do, and be worth either a good item or multiple mediocre/auxilary items.

The queen would be an easy one. Put an ac3 1hit earring on the rareload Black Crabman (or any of a number of rares that do nothing). Make it what queen's looking for. Give her a 10hp 5ac !war necklace, or 6hp gloves, or a 1/1 +3svspell belt, or or or. The final piece is cool for a sub20 elf that took a good number of loads to complete the quest (need both courts loaded when you have items 1x each at least), but will replaced by other stuff once they leave the island. Earring fills a spot that is missing in newbie eq on Island as well.

I'm totally willing to set down and plan out what and where, I just don't have the coding part. I 'think' I know where 5 EM quests should lead but don't, as well as the last of the monestary quests that doesn't load right. I just don't want to see EM become less than it is. The quests are what bored-of-mindless-solo-xp'ing elves do.

Heck, I'd be willing to ADD quests to mobs that should have one anyway. Strange yeti anyone? Librarian or Alchemist in castle?

While we are at it, I can think of 3 places on EM that should be zones and aren't. Where do I send ideas for that? Like I said, I can write descript's and lay out what goes where, I just can't make a computer understand it.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to do it if you want.

P.S. If you do know what the wildelves or elder queen gave, let me know. I've asked all the old school Sojourners I know and none of them had a clue.

EDIT Just thought of 2 more quests that I know but can't do on EM. That makes 7.
------------------
emote Rescuepractice

[This message has been edited by Salen (edited 01-29-2003).]

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:46 pm

I speak only for Khanjari, but you don't know what you are talking about Gnerblie.

-G

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:58 pm

Heh, as we know, Garg, its not unheard of for different immorts to have conflicting stories about whether quests are functioning. Perhaps it would have been more constructive to ask gnerble which immort had told him the khanjari involves a god run quest, as opposed to simply dismissing him as ignorant. That type of attitude has a lot to do with the dubious reputation you have earned for yourself...

By the way, speaking of broken quests, how are those Erlan and Kazgoroth quest updates coming along?

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 01-29-2003).]
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:08 pm

I believe you G. The whole freaking thing is vague anyway. The quest to get the dagger is vague, the quest to restring the dagger is more vague.

The only info I have received about the proc is from you, when you echoed that it needed to be "awakened".

I was told that Nilan was doing a god-run quest to awaken all of the daggers. This is the only information I have.

No hints, no clues, no storyteller. I'm trying to use the dagger as another example that has been posted here thousands of times. It's tough getting those quests started.

With that said, you're damn right I have no idea what I'm talking about! I wonder if any PC does on this topic. I'm tired of asking every mob in the realms about the dagger. I've been asking mobs for nine months. I've had the dagger for twelve.

I'm cool about it now though. I'm going to log on every day, "recite vellum dagger" and see if it procs. If that doesn't work, I will ask every rogue if they have figured out the quest, and then ask them to tell me.

Can you see how stuff like this takes the fun out of questing? Arilin complained because he had to wait months for a mob to load. It would be nice if I was that far along Image

Thanks for listening!

------------------

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:23 am

Everyone who had a dagger got the information on how to awaken it. When they reach a certain point, the next step starts. Nilan just happened to figure out the first step.

All the clues were given, if you missed it, shrug, maybe you'll get lucky and find it on accident :)

As for Erlan, its "in progress". I dunno about Kaz, not my deal.

-G

------------------

Gargauth the Outcast
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:30 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gargamel:
<B>I dunno about Kaz, not my deal.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you are saying that you are not the god who has removed the tarrasque from the game indefinately making the kaz quest undoable?

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gargamel:
<B>Everyone who had a dagger got the information on how to awaken it. When they reach a certain point, the next step starts. Nilan just happened to figure out the first step.

All the clues were given, if you missed it, shrug, maybe you'll get lucky and find it on accident Image

As for Erlan, its "in progress". I dunno about Kaz, not my deal.

-G

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it kind of bias to restrict quest information to a select few who happened to be on at the time the gods choose to give out the quest information? If there is going to be a quest in the game everyone should have equal access to the information or access to finding it. Sure is lucky Nilan happened to 'figure out' the first step so he could do the quest to, be a shame if players with the information are sharing it with a select few who didn't happen to get it the first time.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:00 am

OK guys, this is ludicrous.

Btw, kudos on the recent crashes.

------------------
Sparks crackle in your ear as Kossuth tells you 'answer for you, possibly, O Spankmagnetic One'
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:03 am

ooooh...quest thread... i saw someone asking about the lighthouse and db quest etc. To the best of my knowledge they were the parts of kelrarin nespah ?? In addition i thought that the result was tag's artifact hammer...ie. once but no more, final 2 stages removed, no hammer no love etc...

could be totally wrong..but maybe not..

locky Image
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:23 am

yer not. gods need to cleanup harddrive and clear quest cache :P

------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[46 Enchanter ] Kwirl }-BootLicker-{ Shades of Twilight (Human)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bipple:
Isn't it kind of bias to restrict quest information to a select few who happened to be on at the time the gods choose to give out the quest information? If there is going to be a quest in the game everyone should have equal access to the information or access to finding it. Sure is lucky Nilan happened to 'figure out' the first step so he could do the quest to, be a shame if players with the information are sharing it with a select few who didn't happen to get it the first time. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm i thnk he meant all the clues are given by the mob when you get the dagger and if u werent paying attention then tough shit Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:23 pm

The response from the first quest mob is:

"Oh you solved my riddle, now here is your reward."

The response from the second quest mob is:

"No go before I practice my fireball spell!"
(He practiced his enchantment spell to enchant the dagger, get it?)

I've done the quest 4 times now. Trust me, there is no "Seek me out again later in the Mullet Forest!" response Image

------------------
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:26 pm

I demand Gnerblie be deleted for posting quest information!

hrm, yeah, i guess i was wrong. You got hosed, tommy.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”