It really has to stop.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
<B> All i have to say is, give me a fucking break and wise up.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hands Kifle a clue.

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:18 pm

Ya know,....reading this thread made me a bit dizzy so I didn't _finish_ reading it. *chuckle* I think sometimes, people forget its a "game" hell, its all "text" game. This stuff isn't real, its a game, chill, relax, don't take the mud way to personal. I understand some of its contents or what goes on in the game can be annoying sometimes, but when it gets to that point, take some time out, inhale and exhale, and just enjoy the "fun" aspects of it. Stressing over a game is bad juju because there is not ONE game that is perfect nor will there ever be.

Sun
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikayla:
<B>so kifle what about the person who does not have all day to dedicate to the mud, because oh lets say they HAVE A LIFE but they need some help with a quest or 2?

now me personally i hate quests always will always have, maybe that is why my paladin does not have an avenger.

Avenger has to be one of the easiest quests in the game, if you having trouble w/ it hit me up in the mud.

------------------
Hibbidy group-says 'you using fkeys or buttons'
Tsaen group-says 'buttons'
Tsaen group-says 'f1 f2'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
<B> Avenger has to be one of the easiest quests in the game, if you having trouble w/ it hit me up in the mud.

He isn't having trouble with it, he's boycotting it on principal. Either that or he is still looking for the one i threw into the ocean back in 97.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Gargauth responds to your petition with 'whats your point, we hate you'
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B> He isn't having trouble with it, he's boycotting it on principal. Either that or he is still looking for the one i threw into the ocean back in 97.

bah horseshit nukie, i just been to lazy. i got the yellow sphere, wanted to do balor last night but could not get a group together.

------------------
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B> He isn't having trouble with it, he's boycotting it on principal. Either that or he is still looking for the one i threw into the ocean back in 97.

you should know, like, yo nukie whatcha doin, Thanuk says nadda, you say wanna do um2 with me to kill balor, Thanuk says nope.
then you whap him about the head several times.

------------------
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikayla:
<B> you should know, like, yo nukie whatcha doin, Thanuk says nadda, you say wanna do um2 with me to kill balor, Thanuk says nope.
then you whap him about the head several times.

i think it was more like

galzar sez nukkie what u doing
nukkie sez flaunting my bling bling yo
galzar sez wanna do balor
nukkie sez no im uberl33t and j00 suck mightily
galzar sez thats mean im gonna go cry
nukkie sez good ill be here with your mom

seriously tho i was in jot Image

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:15 pm

<B> i think it was more like

galzar sez nukkie what u doing
nukkie sez flaunting my bling bling yo
galzar sez wanna do balor
nukkie sez no im uberl33t and j00 suck mightily
galzar sez thats mean im gonna go cry
nukkie sez good ill be here with your mom

seriously tho i was in jot Image

uberl33t?
only 4 or 5 of us from old days are uberl33t most the others are gone for 1 reason or another. well maybe 15 or so are uberl33t Image

------------------
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:43 am

[quote="Mikayla"]<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
<B> Hands Kifle a clue.

I am stupified by the complete ignorance of this comment.

Anyway, I agreed with thanuks last post so I am out of here.
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:33 pm

there is a social which hands someone a clue
muma
Sojourner

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Postby muma » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:28 pm

6. QUEST ABUSE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED NOR TOLERATED.
It's pretty sad we have to add this, but some people are greedy
and mean. Anyone caught:
1. hoarding items needed for quests for no acceptable reason
(If you grab items needed to do a quest, you'd better do
it immediately or risk deletion.)
2. selling items needed for quests that have no real eq value
3. stealing items needed for quests from mobs with the intention
of selling or giving them away
4. "twinking" quests by gathering up needed items and "hiding"
or renting with them
5. "twinking" any quest related mob or item to prevent people
from completing a part of or a full quest. This includes
killing the mob while people are in the zone trying to do
the quest. You'd better shout first.
6. preventing a quest load by sitting on the MUD with a quest
item that you are not actively using. If you are not using
the item, RENT IT.
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:37 pm

Okay, I have to ask about this one. Is there really a problem with picking up an item for somebody if they ask me to? If my group asks me to steal the nipple ring of the faerie queen for somebody in the group who needs it how is that a bad thing? I understand all of them but this one... maybe because stealing is part of my class, and since it's part of how my class was built by the people who built the mud, I have a hard time seeing how I'm not supposed to use it. I can see not hoarding items I can steal, but if somebody asks me to pick up something for a quest they're doing and I know it's not one of the three people that does that quest over and over and over, then why not? The most glaring example of this is the tiger hide, it's the one item most people in the mud know about, know where it comes from, and used to hit me up every other day for.
thanuk
Sojourner

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:22 pm

muma wrote:6. QUEST ABUSE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED NOR TOLERATED.
It's pretty sad we have to add this, but some people are greedy
and mean. Anyone caught:
1. hoarding items needed for quests for no acceptable reason
(If you grab items needed to do a quest, you'd better do
it immediately or risk deletion.)
2. selling items needed for quests that have no real eq value
4. "twinking" quests by gathering up needed items and "hiding"
or renting with them
5. "twinking" any quest related mob or item to prevent people
from completing a part of or a full quest. This includes
killing the mob while people are in the zone trying to do
the quest. You'd better shout first.
6. preventing a quest load by sitting on the MUD with a quest
item that you are not actively using. If you are not using
the item, RENT IT.

1) Uninforceable and unreasonable. Deletion? Comeon now.
2) sure.
3) Ashiwi covered this.
4) Also uninforceable. Do people really do this?
5) rediculous and uninforcable. Every 3rd mob is part of some quest or another, i dont plan to walk around jot calling out my kills.
6) rediculous and uninforceable. Alot of times you need to carry these items around just in case. Some of us don't even use storage, and carry all of our possessions in our bags.

Sorry muma, but questing is too complicated to have letter of the law type rules to accompany it. It's a subjective thing, because of the many different ways that quests work.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:11 pm

Actually Thanuk, I think most of us realize the spirit of the law behind the individual laws, and most of the time nobody's ever going to say anything. "Malicious twinkery" can and does happen, though, and the rules need to be in place for those circumstances, if very few others. Perhaps the rules should be rewritten to take into account the expanded size of the world of Sojourn, since with so many new zones and new quests people can't exactly keep track of them all. The part about stealing the quests items was a part of Sojourn's harsh, hardlined past, I'm guessing, but at the same time I want to make sure I'm not doing something that's going to get me ousted as soon as somebody who's probably guilty of worse decides they don't like me enough to make a stink over something.

Don't they all basically mean "don't hoard, don't steal, don't ruin it for somebody else, and don't make it so easy for everybody else as to devalue the items gained from the quest"?

I'd be just fine if the basic rules would be laid out and the last one read something like "We make the rules, so if we don't like what you're doing we have the right to ask you to stop doing it ... or else."
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:35 pm

Yeah thats what i said, its subjective. But i really think we should be able to police ourselves in an area like this. Remember that once you make rules you have to follow them, so nobody can have quest items in their bag or else they get deleted. Makes sense. Kern's in 1 boot or bust!

Yeah "We make the rules and if we dont like what you are doing, stop." is a good rule of thumb, but it really shouldn't come to that. If people would just call each other on their bullshit, this problem would take care of itself without formal rules. "You already have 2 silver bands, im not helping you get another one." Goes a long way. And then you won't have to constantly worry about breaking an obscure quest rule without even realizing that you are doing it.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:11 pm

About the only problem I find with stealing quest items is that somebody without the steal skill but wants the quest item, will come along, get the group to kill the mob and nothing is there. On a regular load mob this isn't a problem, but on a rareload mob or similar circumstances, it's a HUGE letdown.

If it's an item in the inventory, therefore stealable, it can be very frustrating. There are several quests and other stuff that I stopped even considering getting for myself for this reason.

Sylvos Winteraven
Jarid
Sojourner

bwaha

Postby Jarid » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:21 am

thanuk wrote:He isn't having trouble with it, he's boycotting it on principal. Either that or he is still looking for the one i threw into the ocean back in 97.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

Oh my god I think I may still have a log of that, can't remember who located it but sure enough it was at the bottom of the Sea of Swords.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:20 am

thanuk wrote:Yeah "We make the rules and if we dont like what you are doing, stop." is a good rule of thumb, but it really shouldn't come to that. If people would just call each other on their bullshit, this problem would take care of itself without formal rules. "You already have 2 silver bands, im not helping you get another one." Goes a long way. And then you won't have to constantly worry about breaking an obscure quest rule without even realizing that you are doing it.

"Only a fool do ignore sense, no matter where it come from." - RJordan
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”