Baikalisan RP Story

Share your original RP stories here.
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Baikalisan RP Story

Postby Baikalisan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:02 pm

Just over 45 years ago, in a small dank cave a female Duergar was born. Her mother, a priestess of great importance, died in childbirth. Her father, old and worn ragged from working the ore, left to raise the child alone. He named her Baikalisan, after her mother, a constant reminder of the promise he made before the child came into the world. His wife, unknowing the sex of her child and ever the reasonable one wanted him to raise the child with the knowledge she carried, so they would have a trade to choose if for any reason they were unwilling or unable to work in the family business. He kept his promise, and he raised Baikalisan well, teaching her all of her mothers skills and spells and remedies as best as he could, along with teaching her how to work the ore.

Baikalisan was a quiet child, always obedient and ever willing to learn whatever anybody around had to teach. She learned fast and put her learnings to good use, healing small cuts on villagers and mending small animals that beloned to passerbys that had been attacked on the roads. Her skills grew quickly, soon she was healing the severly wounded men who had come back from fighitng battles. Her father was proud. So proud in fact he decided it was time for Baikalisan to choose what her calling in life would be.. and without hesitation she told him she wanted to follow her mothers way and become a cleric. He nodded, walked her into a back room of the shop and bade her sit down. His friend the old Duergar named Conglanikan was there, Conglanikan (Cong for short) was a Trade Marker, he made crude drawings on peoples skin with permant ink and sharp sticks, he placed a pack of powder in her hand and told her to put in it her mouth, within minutes she was sleeping and when she awoke there was a black anvil and hammer tattoo upon her arm! With tears in his eyes her father gave her a parchment with a small map on it and kissed her cheek.. His last words to her were, "Be good my child, and come back to me safely!"

Baikalisan gathered up her things and off she went, following the paths and roads on the map her father had given her. The map led her to Gracklstugh, a great, huge village filled with shops and homes and people like she had never seen before.. There were UGLY Humans who smelled bad, Drow, they were rude and unsociable, there were even these large purple beings that Baikalisan had never heard or seen the likes of!! They scared her, so she stayed away from them.

Baikalisan learned alot from living in the city, she took to volunteering at the hospital tents where the sick and dying were brought. The work was hard and she got no pay for it, but she had odd jobs on the side working ore in secret that made her enough to survive. It was in the hospital that she met a withered old Duergar woman named Dolfminika. The old woman was hurt, her leg cut and bruised badly by some Human children practicing their swordsmanship! Baikalisan healed her leg, and in return the woman decided to take Baikalisan under her wing...

Imagine Baikalisans shock when she found out that Dolfminika was actually a High Priestess of Gracklstugh! Dolfminika took her in and began to show her the true workings of a good cleric, she sent Baikalisan into small hunting parties to cure wounds at first and then into larger parties that hunted man and beast or whatever the occasion warrented. This is where Baikalisan truely learned her skills.. She healed wounds and removed poisions from the blood, all the while with Dolfminika to guide her and show her the way.

It was 10 more years before Baikalisan decided she had learned enough, and with Dolfminikas blessing, packed up her gear and headed out into the world.
Baikalisan Terrorforge - Valsharess Elg'caress -
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:25 pm

After walking for several days on the narrow paths and roads, with no real destination, Baikalisan came across a small dirty looking hovel with several grimey grey-black skinned creatures moving about. Recognising them as Drow and knowing of their language and behaviors from Dolfminikas, Baikalisan approached the hovel slowly and with much caution. The smallest of the Drow let off a squeek and ran inside the hovel when he seen her. The rest upon hearing the squeek took up weapons and surrounded her. Baikalisan spoke only a few Drow words but she knew the word healer and she said it now. They backed away slowly but still kept a somewhat tight circle around her. A movement at the door caught her eye and she looked up to see a stooped white haired Drow standing in the door. The Drow said in a common language that Baikalisan knew well, "Why have you come here you ugly hag?" Baikalisan, thinking herself quite beautiful by Duergar standards drew herself up and answered him proudly, " I am Baikalisan, a healer, and I stopped here only because i thought you all might be able to teach me something about your people. So that i can learn about them and have the knowledge to heal them when and if the need ever arises." The old drow said, "You are not worthy to touch even the lowest and sickest of my people! Be gone with you! ugl....cough cough cough..." the old drow bent over gasping for breath... unable to catch it he fell to the floor unconcious. The other drow ran to him, muttering words Baikalisan was unsure of. She understood the words sick, dying, and she understood there was nobody there to help him. She walked over to the old Drow who was, by now carried into the hovel and placed upon a mat in a dark damp corner of the small room. Holding her hands up to those that would try to stop her, she walked to the old man and felt his chest. It was barely moving and she knew he didnt have long left if something wasnt done... She stood quickly and walked out the door and back into the woods.. She quickly searched around and finding most of what she needed fairly close and rushed back to the hovel.

Baikalisan pulled a small blackened pot from her pack and placed it in the fire pit. To the pot she added the items found in the woods and poured some of her own water into it. She walked back to the old man and feeling his head and chest again knew she had to act fast.. Walking back to the pot she pulled a pouch from per pack and added it to the pot.. then lifting it walked back to the man and urged him to drink it. The Drow around her were shoving and pushing her trying to get her back from the man afraid she was killing him, she turned and said to them in common, " i am trying to save him, step away from me at once!!!" they all backed away in fear, and Baikalisan forced a few more sips between the old ones lips. After a few minutes his breathing evened and he slept. For hours he slept, Baikalisan keeping ever watchful by his side, dripping more of the liquid between his lips every hour.

The next day, late in the afternoon he woke, looked up into Baikalisans face and said, "Thank you, Valsharess Elg'Caress"

Baikalisan nodded, understanding his words and stood to gather her things and then quietly left the hovel and its occupants to rejoice in their masters recovery.
Baikalisan Terrorforge - Valsharess Elg'caress -

Return to “Stories”