The search for a father? part 1.

Share your original RP stories here.
Duna
Sojourner

The search for a father? part 1.

Postby Duna » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:49 am

Duna so hoped that this meeting would go well. She was worried about so many things, if Nilan could help her get the answers she need from Yarthra, then perhaps she would have one less thing to worry about. She was ponder her last meeting with Nilan, about Kurik's father. She really didn't expect him to make her voice her fears about Kurik's welfare with the pending battle. She knew Kurik was growing up, but he still needed watching over. What if she never finds out who his father is, what if he's already passed from this life. Who will watch over Kurik then, if she doesn't live through the battle.
Kurik?? Oh no, bother this distracting mind. Duna heard a yell for help. She turned around and ran back north. A Giant Skeleton had seen through the invisiblity spell she'd placed upon her dear nephew. Duna quickly cast a few spells to do away with it. After making sure Kurik wasn't harmed badly and healing him up, she cast another invisiblity spell on him. Drat these fields. Duna did't like traveling through the Fields of the Dead, but she didn't have much choice. They must get to Jenna's for the meeting. Hopefully all would go well.
After answering several of Kurik's question's along the way, he'd never been this far south before, they arrived at Jenna's. Duna looked to Kurik in a doting manner, he was so wide eye'd at all the new sights around him. Smiling at him she reminded him that they must hurry upstairs to meet with her friend Nilan. Duna lead Kurik to Jenna's bedroom, she let Nilan use it on occasion. After walking into the room they saw that Tida, a human magi was there as well. As Duna hug Tida and then Nilan in welcome Kurik paniced and fled the room. He started yelling at Duna to hurry and flee, because there was a Drow in the room. Duna sighed, smiling at Nilan and went to fetch Kurik from the hallway. ' It's alright Kurik, he'll not hurt you, I promise.' Duna explained to Kurik, 'He's going to try to help us.' Kurik followed Duna back into the room, warily. As they reentered the room Kurik grabbed hold of his sword. Holding his sword infront of him, shakingly, he looked to Nilan saying ' I'll fight you, don't think I won't. I"m not afraid of you.' Tida and Duna tried to reassure Kurik saying ' No one is going to hurt you Kurik, you're safe here.' Nilan just shook his head saying ' He's much like his mother.' Kurik lowered his sword some, quite surprised by what he'd just heard. Kurik looked to Nilan with surprise, and shakingly asked ' Y-Y-You knew mom?'
Kurik looked to Nilan with curiosity and asked ' Mr. Nilan do you eat elfs?'
Nilan winked at Kurik saying ' No young Kurik, i do not eat spoiled meat, and i do not butcher women or children.' Nilan spit over his left shoulder then continued on to say 'but yes...yes i knew your mother, Tida... did you know Yarthra? '
Nilan said ' I knew her long ago....she had not bore you yet. '
Nilan, eyeing Kurik intently asked ' What do you remember about your mother? '
Kurik listens but remains rigid, ready to bolt at the slightest sign of conflict.
Duna asked ' That was when she still went on adventures, wasn't it Nilan? '
Nilan said 'yes...and when i...well, lead a different life for my House back in the underdark, times have changed since then Duna. '
Kurik said ' Not much... sh-she left me with aunti Duna when I was little.'
Duna noded at Nilan.
Nilan went on to say ' She'd not recognize me now I do not think. '
Kurik started to speak but fell silent...
Nilan started to disguise himself.
Tida spoke up saying 'Yes nilan I knew of Yarthra.'
Duna said to Nilan ' I'm not sure if she would recognize you. '
A human adventurer says ' Perhaps in this guise she would. '
Nilan twirls about slowly in human form.
Tida looked to Nilan saing ' Nilan take off the disguse. Although it does suit you.'
Nilan removed his disguise.
Nilan says 'I hate it too , but that is how Yarthra knew me. '
Kurik gathering his courage asked ' Mr. Nilan, Does your mom beat you? '
Duna lovingly ran her hand over Kurik's head.
Tida raised an eyebrow at Kurik.
Kurik said ' I heard that darkskins moms are mean to them. That they don't love their babys.'
Nilan winced visibly at hearing Kurik's words.
Tida said 'Kurik you need to stop that now please.'
Nilan replied by saying ' My house is destroyed, none of them mean anything to me. '
Kurik explained by saying ' I'm not tryin to be mean...I sometimes feel like my mom doesn't care either..' Duna gave an exasperated sigh at hearing this.
Kurik hung his head sadly.
Kurik looked to Duna saying 'Well, aunti Duna, she left me.'
Nilan spoke up saying ' If she didn't care she'd have gutted you at birth. '
Duna wrapped her arms around Kurik, in a loving embrace.
Kurik looked to Duna saying ' Why would she leave unless she was ashamed of me? '
Tida, looking a bit frustrated said ' Can we not talk about mothers and things like that please.'
Nilan went on saying ' Your mother I knew ...we were...friends. '
Kurik struggled to hold back a tear...chin quivering wildly.
Tida wraped her robes tightly around her knees.
Nilan steped back towards Tida and placed an ebon hand on her shoulder, comfortingly.
Nilan looking at Tida said ' Forgive me. '
Tida said 'Nothing to forgive Nilan.'
Nilan continued saying ' Do you wish to know a little about her Kurik?'
Nilan said ' Perhaps I can tell you a little. '
Kurik pondered this for a moment and then noded at Nilan.
Nilan said ' I met your mother in the human city of Waterdeep, she used to adventure there often, she was a warrior....'
Nilan said ' I recall she'd come into the tavern in Waterdeep often accompanied with her party. '
Nilan said 'I assumed her adventuring band. '
Nilan said ' There was a time i'd frequent a tavern abit....not for the drink but for the songs of a certain Half-Elf bard. '
Kurik listened while idly playing with his chicken bone, rubbing a small spot that is worn from worry.
Nilan said ' Anyway that was where I met your mother. '
Duna rubbed her hand up and down Kurik's back, comfortingly.
Nilan said ' She was friendly to me....even at a time when I desired...no friends. '
Kurik nodded his head.
Nilan said ' Your mother is a special person I'm sure. If she left you with Duna here, then there was a reason. '
Nilan looked to Duna saying ' Right Duna? '
Duna nodded towards Nilan.
Nilan smiled happily.
Kurik began to ponder what Nilan had said.
Duna said ' Because of Nokar, basically.'
Duna's cheeks turned a bright pink color.
Nilan said ' Ah...Nokar. '
Kurik asked ' Mom's friend? '
Duna replied by saying ' Something like that. '
Nilan said 'Do not ask me to comment on him, I'll leave that to Duna and Tida to explain. '
Kurik said 'Well, if he's why mom doesn't love me...then I don't want to know about him. '
Tida spoke up saying 'Kurik you mother loves you very much, do you think it was easy for her to give you to Duna to raise?'
Duna replied by saying 'I don't think it's that she doesn't love you, hon, it's just. Well.. A little difficult to explain. '
Tida said 'She did it to give you a better life than what she could give you. '
Duna, agreed with Tida saying ' Yes, that's true. '
Kurik said 'But she could at least tell me herself why.'
Tida said 'It prolly hurts her more than you think, for her to see you, to realize that she should have been there for you all these years instead of Duna.'
Kurik replied 'aunti Duna did good....she taught me how to heal people and makes good food. '
Duna smiled at Kurik, lovingly.
Tida said 'Kurik look at what you have and not what you don't.'
Tida said 'Just know that Yarthra loves you very much, that she has loved you from the begining and only did what she thought was best.'
Kurik restlessly moved his chicken bone from one hand to the other.
Nilan Looking intently at the bone asked ' What is that? '
Kurik replied ' It's my magic chicken bone...I can heal people with it...I've done it alot.'
Nilan said 'Kurik let me tell you something, It's a story really. '
Kurik considered Nilan's words carefully before responding.
Kurik said 'Yes, I want to hear. '
Nilan said 'But maybe it will hold some meaning for you, Care to listen? '
Nilan said 'Make yourself comfortable I'll tell it. '
Kurik sat down on the floor.
Nilan said 'Keep in mind I'm no bard nor trained in story telling, but this story might give you incite, or at least understaning why people do things. '
Nilan noded at Duna then at Tida, saying ' Shall I begin? '
Nilan paced alittle uncomfortably but began to speak.
Nilan said 'There was once two lovers...'
Kurik noded slowly...listening intently.
Nilan went on to say 'One never knew what it was to love, but the other...an elven woman did. She was beatiful, and loving and she accepted this male regardless of what he was. She showed him what it was...to touch...to feel....even to care.'
Nilan began to shuffle a bit searching for the words.
Nilan said 'They shared each other's company...and eventually each others love, but that was never to be....you see because, the male though he tried to learn the feelings....love , friendship, compassion...it was foreign to him. '
Kurik carefully pondered Nilan's words.
Nilan said 'He was...not like her. His life was like another world, but despite it...they found love in each others arms...one day. '
Nilan said 'And though it pained him to know that this love could never last....that his life was not for her to share, his path not hers to follow....he gave her up. '
Kurik looked at Nilan with a concerned look in his eyes.
Kurik said 'Do you miss her Mr Nilan?'
Nilan thrust his shaking hand into his cloak.
Nilan said 'Let me finish before you comment. '
Kurik nodded at Nilan, saying 'I'm sorry. '
Duna shifted a little uncomfortably, in her seat.
Nilan said 'On that night she conceieved twins...on that very night he turned and walked away from her....for his touch was a curse and his path was not hers to follow. this male gave himself to another...for it was what he desired ...for his people...for...himself....and yes...for her. He later learned he had twins....and these twins...he could never be part of their lifes. Never. You see because, he had many enemies....and these twins became...a weakness. But he desired to meet them...to see them...if only from a distance, he couldnt raise them. '
Kurik pondered Nilan's words, his eyes glistening slightly.
Nilan said 'But there was a reason for it, perhaps....Yarthra too might have a reason. And I'd wager she doesn't care any less for you, than does the male in my story, about his twins. '
Kurik lost his battle and tears rolled freely at the mention of his mother's name.
Duna put an arm around Kurik, trying to comfort him, saying ' It's okay sweetie. '
Nilan said 'Your mother gave you to Duna to be raised, to learn to survive in this world...because she cares. '
Duna got a hankie out of her bag.
Kurik sat, eyes streaming, and nodded at Nilan.
Duna tried to wipe away Kurik's tears.
Nilan said 'The fact that you are raised by Duna doesn't mean she didn't care.....the male in my story...never raised or saw his children until many many years after....do you think for a second he...didn't care? '
Nilan backed away and leaned against the wall.
Nilan said 'I...thats it...I know I'm not very good at telling stories. But do not persume that she doesn't care...ok? '
Kurik stiffened a bit and tried to speak...
Duna looked to Nilan saying 'It was a fine story Nilan, I don't think even Gurns could have told it as well as you did.'
Kurik said 'M-Mr. Callanbar says that there was a reason...that I-I'm special and that's why it had to happen that way..It hurts sometimes though...I m-miss her.'
Nilan said 'It's just a story.'
Kurik sniffed sadly.
Duna wrapped Kurik in a loving embrace, saying ' It's okay Kurik, dear.'
Duna smilingly at Kurik asked ' And why haven't I met this Mr. Callanbar? '
Kurik said 'He's an old druid that talks to me in the Valley east of Waterdeep sometimes. He's grumpy but nice deep down. '
Kurik said 'Did they grow up strong? The twins I mean..'
Nilan said 'As I said...it's just a story....I...I wouldn't know.'
Nilan looked away slightly and touched his insignia.
Kurik nodded but seemed unconvinced...but ultimately decided to let it go.
Kurik said 'You shouldn't let yourself hold hurt inside Mr Nilan....I'm young, but your hurt and anger shows around you...I can see it.'
Nilan said 'So that's about it, as far as the story goes Kurik, just remember that ok....there are reasons, and Yarthra too might have good ones. '
Kurik sat somberly trying to absorb all that he had heard.
Kurik gathered his thoughts before speaking.
Kurik said 'Mr Nilan.....did you ever meet my dad?'
Nilan said 'Umm, maybe. Did you know him Kurik? '
Kurik shook his head negatively.
Nilan said 'Do you know anything about him? '
Kurik said 'Not much, mom never said.'
Duna said ' Yarthra won't tell me who his father is.'
Nilan said 'Maybe I can find out some things for you...and Duna.'
Kurik said 'I just would like to know....even if he doesn't want me around. I don't need him anyway... I can take care of myself.'
Nilan said 'Remember the story I told you Kurik...do not presume.'
Kurik nodded his head.
Duna said 'It would be much appreciated Nilan.'
Duna smiled tenderly at Kurik.
Duna raised herself off of the floor.
Nilan touched his Black Mask and whispered 'Usstan tlun dosst Rah, Mrigg ussta velve.'
Kurik stiffened, as if struck by some outside force and spoke loudly, 'Ebouin ath leatith, elth del quasiir'.
Kurik fell to the ground, his eyes closed.
Duna said 'Um. okay. That was interesting.'
Duna knelt beside Kurik and began to shake him slightly.
Tida quickly stood up.
After awakening Kurik, Duna asked ' Are you alright ?'
Kurik looked around wildly, confusion written clearly on his face.
Nilan said 'You speak....Elven?'
Duna asked ' What happened? '
Kurik began shaking his head saying ' My head hurts...'
As Tida regained her seat she said ' Interesting.'
Kurik said 'I don't speak any words other than normal talk.'
Nilan began to ponder on something.
Duna said 'He speaks only common.'
Nilan said 'What you uttered sounded...Elven.'
Kurik cradled his head.
Nilan said 'Ebouin ath leatith, elth del quasiir.'
Kurik said 'I didn't say anything...I remember you touchin your mask and sayin somethin....and then I blacked out.'
Kurik glared at Nilan.
Duna tried to help Kurik sit up.
Kurik said 'He attacked me!'
Nilan said 'I do not speak the surface tongue.'
Duna said 'No hon, he didn't.'
Tida said 'He did not attack you Kurik.'
Nilan said 'Me?....I didn't attack you...did I?'
Duna said 'You uttered something and just fell. No one attacked anyone.'
Kurik held his head as his nose began to trickle a small line of blood.
Kurik said 'I don't feel so good.'
Tida said 'Nilan you spoke drow like you do when you touch your mask, I'm guessing there is an elven spirt inside Kurik that reacted when you spoke those words.'
Duna got a hankie out of her bag, handing it to Kurik.
Duna said 'Here, use this.'
Nilan said 'Interesting...may I try something then....a test?'
Duna said 'Please do, Nilan.'
Kurik winced slightly and kept the hankie over his nose.
Duna looked at Kurik with concern on her face.
Nilan approached Kurik and bent low touching his arm with his right hand.
Nilan gazed at Kurik and uttered the following...
Tida sat up slightly, ready for anything.
Kurik shifted uncomfortably...
Nilan whispered softly 'hlu'ta dos nym'uer uns'aa Darthirii. Satiir l' inthuul xta'rl d' Ilythiiri, dos inbalus exiled verve ago. Udos xun naut gotfrer'
Kurik screamed suddenly and shouted, 'Lasta lalaithamin, Utinu en`lianter!'
Kurik fell down laughing.
Kurik threw back his head and cackled with insane glee!
Kurik fell to the floor.
Duna gasped in astonishment.
Tida said 'What did you say Nilan?'
Duna said 'What did he say? What did both of you say.'
Tida said 'I don't speak anything but common.'
Duna had a look of utter confusion on her face.
Nilan snickered and tightened his grip on Kurik's arm.
Duna said 'Neither do I.'
Tida said 'Nilan?'
Duna said 'Nilan, what did you both say?'
Duna gently shook Kurik saying ' Are you alright? '
Nilan shoves him back suddenly and utters in a faint whisper, "L' Veldrin orn ragar tangis' dos"
Nilan took a step back.
Kurik began to shudder violently
Kurik said 'What's happening!'
Tida said 'Nilan what is going on?'
Duna said 'Nilan what's happening?'
Nilan said 'Your assessment appears sound Tida.'
Tida looked confused for a few moments.
Nilan said 'It would seem this one is possessed by some elven spirit.'
Duna sank down upon hearing Nilan's words.
Duna said 'How, How did that happen? When did that happen?'
Tida said 'A barbarian possessed by an elven spirit, that's intresting. Duna might want to take Kurik to talk to Lintral and Gurns one day soon.'
Duna numbly nodded her head at Tida.
Kurik sat up.
Duna said 'I don't understand, how is it possible? When did it happen?'
Kurik turned pale and looked as if he would be sick.
Tida said 'It can happen at anytime I'm guessing.'
Kurik said 'What's happening?'
Kurik looked around nervously....
Duna replied 'I'm not quite sure sweetie.'
Nilan said 'Interesting.'
Duna gave an exasperated sigh.
Kurik trembled violently, gripping his sword in fear.
Tida and Duna tried to calm Kurik down.
Tida said 'Calm down Kurik, nothing is going to harm you here.'
Kurik said 'I saw a man, an elf....he was mad....REALLY MAD. And he wore black.'
Duna said 'It's okay Kurik, you're safe here.'
Nilan turned suddenly as Kurik spoke those words.
Nilan coldly hissed in response "Usstan tlun Vhaeraun's rah. Lloth miren nau yorn overe uns'aa, darthirii. Nor xun dos."
Kurik said 'He screamed at me, told me not to trust Mr Nilan.....he said in some weird words that all drow must die.'
Nilan said 'What elf did you see....describe him for me.'
Kurik began to shudder very violently.
Duna put her arms around Kurik to try and stop the shuddering.
Duna said 'It's okay Kurik, you're safe.'
Nilan said 'Describe this elf Kurik.'
Nilan squinted his eyes and peered at Kurik.
Nilan angrily backed away, his ebon hand resting on shadow's hilt, pondering the young warrior's words.
Kurik stood stock still, staring at Nilan and shouted, "You are testing my patience DROW! Your kind are unforgiven....I tire of these games."
Kurik let out a scream, passing out again.
Tida said 'Kurik'
Kurik said 'huh?'
Tida said 'I need this elf's name now.'
Kurik said 'I.....I...I don't know what's happening.'
Nilan clenched his fists in anger.
Kurik muttered inaudible sounded of fear as his nose began flowing with blood....and the veins in his eyes began to bleed.
Nilan backed away suddenly.
Nilan said 'It would be interesting indeed if he meets Gurns, Lintral, and Teej.'
Tida and Duna nodded at Nilan.
Tida said 'Do not know if they will come right now though.'
Nilan walked slowly around Kurik's prone form and gazed coldly at him.
Kurik looked directly into Nilan's eyes, and his bloodshot eyes glazed over as he spoke strongly, 'Lye duraser naa i'Meneldalie, tanya n'eldelie, imya tyara ri'avarien tyar, awruva ten' ai'er. Lye uma mani lye irma avaene awrien ai'er.'
Kurik shook his head and continued to look confused.
Kurik tried to rise to his feet, stumbling around the room, holding his head and shouting, 'LEAVE ME ALONE!'
Kurik began to cry, clawing at his head.
Duna tried to calm Kurik down.
Kurik said 'I keep seeing dead elves.....EVERYWHERE! And spiders.......SPIDERS! Eating the bodies.....'
Duna's face filled with worry, upon hearing Kurik's words.
Kurik began to shudder.
Nilan glared in anger and lunged at the young warrior grasping his tunic and pulling him off the floor, his right hand slowly pulling Shadow from its sheath, "Sheverash, dos inbal nau yorn phor uns'aa xor ussta lodias. Zhal zhah venoch dosst wanre xor orn dos kus biu darthirii ulu uns'aa instead"
Kurik slowly turned to look at Nilan, with murder in his eyes and screamed, 'You shall pay for your words dark one!'
Kurik growled menacingly at Nilan.
Kurik launched himself towards Nilan..
Duna gasped in astonishment at Kurik.
Duna began to try and calm Kurik down, and hold him back.
Kurik let out a huge thunderous roar!
Kurik stuggled to get past Duna.
A coalescing of the ethereal substance causes your vision to blur...
When it at last clears Mirlantharn stands before you, looking extremely tired!
Nilan dodged Kurik easily his blades at the ready.
Tida curtseys before Mirlantharn gracefully.
Duna tried to hold onto Kurik.
Duna looked to Mirlantharn saying ' Mirl.' and nodded her head to him in greeting.
Theshial flies in from the east.
Theshial tips his hat.
Kurik looked at Mirlantharn and his eyes took on a dull silver glow, 'BE WARY tel quassir, drow are in your presence!!'
Duna looking towards Theshial said 'Theshial, grab an arm.'
Nilan glared hatefully at Kurik, saying "Spawn of Sheverash"
Theshial raised an eyebrow. Whats this?
Mirlantharn said 'Nilan? Aye, I see him here.'
Theshial looked at Kurik.
Nilan slashed at Kurik, his blade running a thin line across his shoulder.
Theshial gasped in astonishment.
Mirlantharn blinked in disbelief.
Kurik cried out in pain and crumpled to the floor.
Duna knelt down beside Kurik.
Nilan said 'Duna....keep him away from me, he is possesed.'
Theshial steped in front of Kurik.
Duna nodded at Nilan.
Duna said 'I'm trying. He's gotten a bit bigger than me.'
Duna released an exasperated sigh.
Duna gently shook Kurik
Nilan sheathed 'Shadow', the blade pulsing eerily at the taste of elven blood.
Mirlantharn sat down in a comfortable spot.
Duna said 'Kurik, are you alright?'
Theshial said 'Nilan?'
Nilan looked at Theshial and Mirlantharn and backed away, maintaining his distance.
Mirlantharn said 'Nilan, my spells are not trained upon you.'
Mirlantharn clambered to his feet.
Theshial wielded an etched longsword of gleaming mithril.
Duna closeed her eye's letting out a long sigh.
Nilan said 'is he ...'
Nilan looked at Kurik.
Mirlantharn said 'Dead?'
Duna quitely said ' Kurik?' her words tinged with worry.
Mirlantharn looked at Kurik.
Mirlantharn settled to his knees beside Kurik.
Duna said 'Kurik, are you alright?'
Kurik stared blankly at the ceiling.
Theshial settled to his knees.
Tida said 'He's not dead, give him a few moments.'
Duna nodded her head at Tida.
Theshial said 'What has happened here?'
Duna shook her head saying ' It... I ....'
Duna released an exasperated sigh.
Mirlantharn said 'Hold Theshial.'
Theshial glared at Nilan.
Theshial clambered to his feet.
Theshial looked at Nilan.
Duna said 'Theshial, it's not Nilan's doing.'
Mirlantharn said 'Hold, Theshial. Forstay thy hand.'
Tida said 'Theshail don't glare at anyone. No one did anything wrong.'
Nilan only backed further away.
Duna said 'Kurik seems to be possesed, by an elven spirit.'
Theshial said 'So be it.'
Theshial stoped using an etched longsword of gleaming mithril.
Kurik made a slight gurgling noise and blinked his eyes slowly.
Duna asked, with worry in her voice 'Kurik, are you okay?'
Kurik took a deep rasping breath..
Mirlantharn clambered to his feet.
Kurik said 'What is happening? I hurt all over.'
Duna gently tried to help Kurik sit up.
Nilan eyed the cut on Kurik's shoulder.
Kurik looked at his shoulder, as if shocked to discover he had been wounded.
Mirlantharn said 'Nilan, what poison was upon the blade?'
Kurik said 'What happened?'
Nilan said 'Harm.'
Duna wraped her arms around Kurik, in a comforting way.
Mirlantharn nodded at Nilan.
Duna winced upon hearing Nilan's answer.
Duna said 'You tried to attack Nilan, hon.'
Theshial raised an eyebrow. Whats this?
Nilan said 'The spirit Tida....inside him...I'd wager it serves that fiend Sheverash.'
Tida shruged helplessly.
Nilan said 'By the tone in Kurik's voice.'
Tida said 'That I do not know.'
Tida sat down.
Theshial said 'Watch your tongue drow.'
Tida sighed loudly.
Duna said 'I would say shake his hand and appoligize, but i don't think you two should get too close to each other.'
Tida raised her eyebrow at Duna.
Kurik said 'What....what did I do?'
Nilan kept his distince for the moment.
Nilan said 'You spoke elven.'
Kurik said 'But I don't know elven.'
Nilan said 'I do not speak it...but I have heard it.'
Duna clambered to her feet.
Mirlantharn said 'I heard it with my own ears, Kurik.'
Nilan said 'I recognize the sound of the words...it was elven Kurik.'
Kurik said 'I don't understand what's happening.....all I know is I just keep seeing SCARY things....'
Theshial said 'Why would my lord choose Kurik?'
Nilan said 'What did you see?'
Theshial began to ponder on something.
Theshial and Duna gave each other a warm hug in greeting.
Duna said 'Hi Thesh, sorry was a bit busy when you walked in.'
Duna smiled warmly at Theshial.
Theshial said 'So I noticed.'
Theshial brushed the his hair out of his eyes.
Kurik said 'I saw a really dark room, a cave....And there were lots of darkskins moving toward the surface, at night..'
Nilan listend intently to Kurik.
Nilan said 'and what else did you see?'
Kurik said 'And I saw them kill a small village of elves...the SLAUGHTERED them.....no reason, no mercy....women, children....'
Theshial let out a huge thunderous roar!
Duna winced at hearing Kurik's words.
Mirlantharn said 'Calm thyself, Theshial.'
Nilan folded his arms before him, his face emotionless, he merely shruged.
Kurik said 'and then I saw one elf male, holding a woman elf dead in his arms..he had a bow.........'
Theshial nodded at Mirlantharn.
Nilan said 'a ranger?'
Kurik nodded.
Kurik said 'like Mr Theshial.'
Theshial comforted Kurik.
Kurik said 'only he was a little taller, and he looked like there was no joy in him.'
Nilan said 'Did you lose someone recently Theshial?'
Theshial nodded his head.
Kurik said 'He was wearing all black....and he kept saying "The dark ones are not to be trusted" and I understood, but It was weird words.'
Nilan said 'what else did you see Kurik?'
Kurik said 'and then I saw Griffon's Nest, burning'
Nilan said 'i know the one you speak of, and Theshial should too.'
Theshial nodded at Nilan, saying 'I do.'
Nilan said 'who then Theshial?'
Nilan said 'Griffons Nest....burning huh?'
A coalescing of the ethereal substance causes your vision to blur...
When it at last clears someone stands before you, looking extremely tired!
Sesexe seductively purrs 'Hrmm'
Kurik gasped in astonishment.
Sesexe gets a slave collar from her Llewyrr bag of depth.
Sesexe gives a slave collar to Mirlantharn.
Mirlantharn begans to ponder on something.
Mirlantharn squints his eyes and peers at Sesexe.
Sesexe seductively purrs 'beg and grovel wearing this, perhaps i'll allow you to accompany me some time.'
Sesexe squints her eyes and peers at Mirlantharn.
Mirlantharn fell down laughing.
Sesexe smirked.
Tida giggled at Sesexe.
Mirlantharn said 'I am not one to beg.'
Theshial whispered something to Nilan.
Theshial whispered something to Nilan.
Nilan said 'That is who I believe Theshial.'
Kurik said 'I saw aunti Duna........dead'
Kurik gave Duna a great big, warm hug.
Duna gave Kurik a great big, warm hug.
Nilan said 'and it is his ...spirit or force that possessed kurik here....'
Sesexe whispered something to Mirlantharn.
Nilan said 'dead?'
Sesexe winks at Mirlantharn.
Theshial said 'Then he only has one goal.'
Mirlantharn blushed furiously.
Mirlantharn swated at the air frantically.
Duna said 'it's okay Kurik, I'm alright.'
Sesexe seductively purrs 'I see Nilan is as charismatic as ever.'
Kurik looked at Sesexe with utter fear in his eyes.
Nilan said 'Who attacked Griffons Nest....what did you see Kurik?'
Duna said 'It's okay Kurik.', While trying to calm Kurik down.
Kurik said 'it was more darkskins, crawling with spiders.'
Nilan gazed at the female drow holding her gaze.
Sesexe looked up, and then up again at Kurik, squinting.
Kurik looked intently at Sesexe and then, with no glazed look in his eyes this time shouted, ' WHY ARE YOU MEAN TO YOUR BABIES!"
Mirlantharn blinked in disbelief.
Duna tried to calm Kurik down.
Kurik said 'The elf wearing black says that drows are mean to their babys!'
Theshial raised an eyebrow at Kurik.
Sesexe seductively purrs 'Babies? I have no children. What nonsense are you babbling about oaf?'
Kurik said 'WHY!'
Nilan couldn't help snickering and eyed Sesexe intently.
Duna said 'Kurik, hon, calm down.'
Mirlantharn chuckled politely.
Theshial giggled.
Nilan said 'I believe he refers to you drow females.'
Nilan nodded at Sesexe.
Nilan smuggly folded his arms before him and eyeed Sesexe with some defiance.
Sesexe noticed Nilan's staring, bulging eyes, intently undressing her as usual, and pulled her veil seductively over her bodice while nimbly avoiding his hanging tongue.
Theshial said 'I'm going to puke.'
Nilan chuckled politely.
Tida giggled.
Mirlantharn pointed at Theshial and fell down laughing.
Tida clambered to her feet.
Kurik shuddered yet again, and in a zombie-like state muttered, 'Utina en lokirim'
Duna said 'Perhaps I should get Kurik back to Waterdeep.'
Sesexe smirked.
Nilan said 'You know my dear, drow females hold no interest for me....I prefer those not of our race.'
Theshial said 'Please translate.'
Nilan giggled at Sesexe.
Duna said 'What's he saying now Nilan?'
Nilan said 'I dont know I do not speak elven.'
Duna looked to Mirlantharn saying 'Mirl?'
Sesexe seductively purrs 'I speak all languages.'
Mirlantharn said 'He said "Daughter of Spiders."'
Nilan gazed at Kurik, but maintained his distance.
Mirlantharn said 'Confirming our speculation about the ladies of the drow.'
Sesexe began to ponder on something.
Kurik shook his head again....
Kurik said 'my head hurts REALLY bad now. '
Duna tried to comfort Kurik.
Duna said 'perhaps I should take him home.'
Theshial got a large juicy lizard from his silvery sack.
Theshial said 'here try this.'
Nilan said 'I am afriaid to approach him, Duna.'
Sesexe seductively purrs 'he was speaking elven?!? I couldn't tell! I just saw two enormouse lips tripping over a tongue humming in haphazard tones.'
Sesexe scratches at an itch.
Duna nodded her head at Nilan.
Theshial gave a large juicy lizard to Kurik.
Theshial giggled.
Duna said 'I know Nilan, I understand.'
Mirlantharn chuckled politely at Sesexe.
Theshial whispered something to Kurik.
Duna glared icily at Sesexe.
Kurik thanked Theshial heartily.
Nilan said 'I have no desire to fight him, while he's possessed by that elven fiend.'
Sesexe seductively purrs 'Now if you told me he was speaking Orc, I could believe that.'
Nilan kept his distance.
Kurik said 'It's ok, she's mean because she can't walk in the daylight anymore'
Sesexe nogs at herself.
Kurik glared at Sesexe.
Sesexe beamed a smile at Kurik.
Duna said 'Kurik would you like me to take you home?'
Kurik nodded his head at Duna.
Duna said 'Perhaps Mr. Theshial will help get you there?'
Sesexe seductively purrs 'Daylight is overrated. If I were to walk around in daylight, I'd be forced to see such unpleasant things as barbarians on a regular basis. '
Sesexe gags in disgust.
Kurik tried to find his footing and stumbled to his feet.
Nilan said 'perhaps when he visits Gurns and company I could be present....I am interested.'
Theshial said 'Aye.. I will.'
Sesexe ruffled Kurik's hair playfully.
Kurik said 'Mr Callanbar says you were cursed..'
Duna said 'I really need to meet this Mr. callanbar.'
Nilan nods at Theshial.
Mirlantharn bows deeply before Nilan.
Theshial in a muffled voice said 'I shall see you all later.'
Nilan said 'we will speak further Kurik.'
Mirlantharn said 'Fair travels, Theshial and Kurik.'
Theshial tips his hat.
Kurik pauses...
Mirlantharn said 'Something else, is there Kurik?'
Kurik said 'I'm sorry Mr. Nilan.....I don't know what's happening.'
Nilan said 'I think I do...'
Kurik said 'Yes, I don't like being in the company of worthless people...'
Nilan said 'We will meet again.'
Kurik said 'can we leave soon Mr Theshial....I don't like HER!',pointing at Sesexe.
Theshial opened the door.
Theshial flies east.
Kurik leaves east.
Duna waved goodbye to Tida, Mirlantharn and Nilan.
Nilan bowed deeply before Duna in a gesture of recognition.

Return to “Stories”