Child of Despair: The Journal of Kadislan the White

Share your original RP stories here.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Child of Despair: The Journal of Kadislan the White

Postby Lahgen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:27 am

I will update this as often as I can think of material for her. Comments are welcome.

"Listen well. The only true happiness is in the comforting embrace of eternal twilight. Death alone is our sole constant. You would be wise to forsake all bonds of affection, lest they destroy you, as they have me. All that I have ever loved in life has been lost to me forever. Never again shall I give into the delusion of love, for all that I love is anathema. All that remains of me is an image of a young girl not yet lost, for the power of Velsharoon is the power of eternal youth."

- Kadislan the White
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:33 am

An account of a conversation with a learned scholar, Sabrexas. I sought him in order to learn of Thunderholme's glorious destruction. He was only too happy to aid me...

"I see that you are taking notes. May I see them?"

"Okay."

"Now, this is something....the Speaker would truly be pleased with these words of yours."

"The Speaker?"

"It's...a long story. Kadislan...you have just what I am looking for."

"What is that?"

"An excellent creativity of imagination. Just the thing that may be needed in my quest..."

"..."

"I seek a renowned tome of great wizardry...once it is found, only the brightest minds can decipher it. You would share in its glory, as one who could assist in interpreting its contents."

"Perhaps. Let me consider it."

"Of course, my dear."

"..."
- Kadislan the White
Last edited by Lahgen on Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:00 am

Ah...victory.

The three ladies competition has ended. I do not know whether to be glad or disappointed. Regardless, I am satisfied that at least one of my efforts have been acknowledge for their superiority, and I have been rewarded adequately for it. I almost took a lovely bracelet they were offering instead, but I opted for the tome of my Art.

It was frustrating to be outmatched at nearly every turn. Even when I allied with another team, we were beaten soundly. Eventually, I could not take it anymore. I wandered off to get fresh air, leaving the druidess in charge. I hear that the dwarf has finally earned his keep, leading us to some semblance of performance in the Battle Royale.

Of course, we know, I was not here to win.

I considered merely departing with the knowledge imparted to me, until Sabrexas insisted that I participate. He said that I would not be welcome to join him in his quest unless I did this thing for him. I did not even have to win, he said. He demanded that I enter the contest...to spy on the rest of the participants. He saw an oppourtunity to learn about some of the greatest adventurers in the realms, their motivations, their tactics, and whatever else could be learned from them.

And learn I did....
Last edited by Lahgen on Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:11 am

"...In blood eternal lies the wraith
In blood eternal I make my lair
In blood eternal the hue of my hair
In blood eternal lies my faith..."

Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:17 pm

Journal of Kadislan the White: The 19th Day of the Month of Vinthar (of the Harvest), Year 572.

I...hate...snakes!

Especially ones that fight and talk like men.

For over a month I have accompanied a talking snake called Tassassopp, or whatever names the snake people give themselves. They are almost as bad as elves in that regard. So then...we travelled the depths of the mines south of Viper's Tongue, and together we slew an amazing number of dwarves. Well, we were not alone, the snake man seemed to have a number of protegees, nearly all inhuman.

I never did learn his purpose down there. Most of those who accompanied us were hardly of fighting caliber. It could be that he is raising an army...or maybe he just hates dwarves. Who can blame him?

But the important thing is, I stole from him the secrets of spectre conjuration...such is the only reason I would deign to follow the inhuman like.

Return to “Stories”