The Sweetest Poison is the Deadliest

Share your original RP stories here.
Lahgen
Sojourner

The Sweetest Poison is the Deadliest

Postby Lahgen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:15 am

Rousing from his slumber, the man slowly dawned to realization of his lack of mobility. He sought to move, his efforts in vain, he felt shackles binding his arms and legs to the bed. The man smiled as he saw his paramour enter the room. The woman smiled at him, as she placed a closed medicine bag on the floor next to her. "Ah, Niksa..." he began, "I am glad to see that I am getting my moneys worth." he smiled lustily at her.

Niksa smiled down at him, and smoothed the fabric of her crimson leather tunic. "I wanted to make sure we made this night very special...so I returned and retrieved a few things...first, I want you to close your eyes." the man nodded eagerly and did as he was told. The woman opened her bag and produced a vial. Examining it for a few moments, she then produced her knife, and carefully dipped the tip of it into the vial.

Carefully closing the vial and placing it into the bag, she walked over to the reclined figure. She opened his shirt, and made a very small cut on his chest...

The dawn was greeted with the screams of horrified onlookers. The corpse of the man, his face twisted and frozen with mixed agony and ecstasy, had been splayed in the Market Square. His bare chest beared a symbol, cut into him through very small individual cuts...three teardrops in a triangle - the holy symbol of Talona.

Niksa watched from the nearby Tavern of the Sun. She smiled, ordering a drink with the gold she had received from the man that night.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:38 am

The evening sun peeked out the window of the Tavern of the Dead Orc, and
Niksa pondered oppourtunities. The mines south of the Vipers Tongue outpost seemed interesting, she thought, but too much work, and dominated by the likes of drow and yuan-ti. It was also in close proximity to a dangerous warlord and his floating castle. No, nothing in the south seemed right.

Sipping her ale, she pondered the northlands. The barbarians and dwarves alike were very inhospitable, and the roads were often overrun with orcish raiding parties. Also, shambling mounds, and even the occasional fanatic crusader of some god of justice served as trouble to her kind. But perhaps something closer to home...

Niksa's mind wandered to stories of a settlement northeast of the city, where the survivors of the destruction of Bloodstone now took refuge. Many adventurers had visited the camp, called Ashstone, to offer service to its Lady, or to curry her favor in regards to business matters. Many people wished to get a leg into the reborn city, to make it profitable.

Niksa knew she was no businesswoman, nonetheless, she pondered the possibility of following up on the stories, perhaps some information could in turn be of use to her master. Some names immediately came to mind, but all turned out to be unsuitable for some reason or another. Except for one name she did not recognize: an elven sorcerer by the name of Mirlantharn. Perhaps, she thought, this was a time where uncertainty could be profitable...she would have to find this Mirlantharn.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."

Return to “Stories”