Rebas, The Blood Priestess of Bhaal

Share your original RP stories here.
alendar
Sojourner

Rebas, The Blood Priestess of Bhaal

Postby alendar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 am

Blood Priestess of Bhaal

Screams filled the night. The lady, of the manor, was having a difficult birth. Midwives and servants ran to and fro while the lord, of the manor, paced. The screams ceased to be and a baby’s cry pierced the silence. Clerics were called for, the lord knew there was a problem.
Charging into the room the lord, eyes wide with panic, was met by a grisly scene. His wife, mother of their child, lay dead with a daughter in her arms. The child was not well. Her left leg was malformed and twisted. Her skin, unlike that of a normal newborn, was pale and ashen. Her hair was as black as raven feathers and her eyes were green as the spring grass.
“My lord, Lady Lenorila has moved on to the other realm. She wished her daughter to be name Rebas and to follow her into the priesthood, when the time came”, an old midwife croaked. The lord sunk to his knees and wept.
“Take her to the nursery, bring along the clerics. If she leaves the night, she will most likely survive. I suggest you pray”, the old crone said shaking her head.
Rebas did survive that first night, and many nights thereafter. She was less physically advanced as others her age, but generally more mentally advanced. With the use of a crutch she was able to walk and play with the other children, but children can be cruel. Teasing, hazing, and crying became common place for Rebas. She began to withdraw from public life and spend most of her time reading and studying.
Her father, Lord Rumintor, wasn’t very affectionate to Rebas. It was unknown if his grief of losing his wife or his inability to forgive the gods or Rebas, herself for losing his beloved in child birth. He did make sure she was well cared for, feed, clothed, etc. But he had little or no contact with the child.
On her tenth birthday, she was moved from the manor house to the conclave of the Clerics of Oghma. The massive library in the conclave made Rebas very happy. She would continue her studies
On her thirteenth birthday, she was officially inducted into the priesthood of Oghma. She excelled in the priesthood. By her sixteenth birthday, she was given the title of High Priestess. Through several untimely “accidents” later that year she was Head Priestess of the Conclave near Baldar’s Gate.
“At last the tome I have searched for is in my grasps,” the young priestess exclaimed. “Leave me, I shall summon you if I need you”.
“Yes, Head Priestess”, the acolyte said with a quick bow.
“Dark knowledge leads to dark deeds,” the priestess muttered.
Over the next decade, rumors of horrible happenings, and hideous acts plagued the conclave. Corpses and undead creatures being discovered on the grounds, yet the Head Priestess was uninvolved staying locked in her private library.
“I have seen enough”, an old priest cried as he bashed the door to the Priestess’s private library. “Your Holiness, bad thing happen on the grounds, yet you do nothing to stop it, or even say anything to comfort the victims….” The old man stopped mid-sentence. A scream of terror barely left his lungs as he realized what he discovered.
A huge vat of blood dominated the room. Slowly rising out of the blood, the High Priestess pulled on her vestments. To frightened to move, the cleric paled as Rebas caressed his face. His face contorted into a mask of grave pain. “Alimitir, I asked you not to disturb me. What am I to do with you?” His dead body, crumpled to the floor.
Several other priests charged into the room. “I said I wanted to be left alone!” Head Priestess Rebas shouted as she flailed her arms toward the group. Blood rained down upon them killing them instantly. A cackle dominated the silence.
“I am not proud of fleeing, your holiness, but I knew someone had to inform you of this travesty and foul evilness,” a young priest whimpered.
“You did well my brother,” High Priest Mormilkil said comforting. “Brother Wilmal make Brother Conmor a place to stay, he is welcome here as long as he wishes to stay.”
Upon approaching the Conclave of Oghma, Mormilkil noticed many strange sights. The walls were manned by undead, very unusual for a house of knowledge. The undead did not approach the party, they just watched. “Rebas, Former Priestess of Oghma, I High Priest Mormilkil wish an audience” the balding fat priest shouted.
“Whose authority do you dare use to remove me from the Priesthood of Oghma, little man. I am more a priest of Oghma than any of you lowly life forms. I have used the knowledge Oghma has provided me to become more than just a priest, I AM ETERNAL!” the now gaunt looking robed figure in the court yard crowed.
“Priestess of Blood, you are, Priestess of Knowledge you can not be. You have until the next moon cycle to leave this keep, or we shall return and remove you and your servants of blood.” Mormilkil replied with all the courage he could muster.
“Ha! You see little man, I no longer worship your God Oghma… Bhaal is the only master for my minions and me. You shall not return to this place in body that is…” the figure spoke as she crossed the courtyard. “That is a perfect title for one Mormilkil… Blood Priestess of Bhaal,” she chuckled.
The ground erupted underneath the priests and thousands of maggots poured forth attacking them. The last image Mormilkil saw was the skeletal figure with glowing red eyes sneering at him.
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Rebas, The Blood Priestess of Bhaal

Postby Dalar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Cool story, bro
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:57 am

thanks man, wish cal would read and hit me up with my spanky title
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 pm

He's in internetless land
Callarduran
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Callarduran » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Mostly internetless. :) FYI, I'm moving back to the land of internet next week, so after a short moving in period, I should actually be back.

Also, great story. Will talk to you next week in game.
--There needs to be a word for the irrational desire to reason with the delusional.

Oghma OOC: 'Please use me.'
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:12 am

cool

Return to “Stories”