re: My Queen

Share your original RP stories here.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Fri Jan 11, 2002 4:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>It doesn't surprise me that a god would have their attention attracted to this situation. I daresay this has not happened in the history of my nation, except perhaps once that I have found in my readings.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what happened then Malacar?
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:04 pm

The only documents I can find show that the marriage ended tragically. There are no details, almost as if they were wiped clean on purpose.

I am currently journeying to Candlekeep, in hopes of finding some documents that haven't been altered. I also am doing some research on Dobluth Kyor, as well as Menzoberranzan and their spire, Narbondel(for personal reasons, the last one). I want to know all I can about our...cousins.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
The only documents I can find show that the marriage ended tragically. There are no details, almost as if they were wiped clean on purpose.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's unfortunate. I am very, very certain that this will NOT happen to Nilan and I.

Call me naive, or whatever you will, fine. I have heard everyone's opinions, many times.. and have, many times, thanked you for them.

But I chose the path I take. No one else chooses for me. If my path leads me down dark roads and tragic endings... then that's where I will go. In the end, good or bad, at least I will be able to say I took the road less travelled. At least I will have respect for following my heart, for having the courage to traverse roads no one else would.

Elisten
Priestess of Evermeet

My path is to you, Nilan. My husband, my heart, my road less travelled.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:03 pm

Yes, but I would figure you'd be more comfortable with your choice if you actually acknowledged his past transgressions instead of simply ignoring them.

Ignorance is not bliss. It's simply walking into a situation or conversation underarmed, and it will never turn out the way you want if you ignore facts.

I don't care if you love him or not. Simply ignoring the fact that he is violent, has killed, makes threats, and a lot of other 'bad' transgressions along that theme (At least in the past. I don't care about the present. Actions speak so much louder than words)... Well let's just say that it makes you look bad. Simply an observation. Make of it what you will.

[This message has been edited by Malacar (edited 01-11-2002).]
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:23 am

I wouldn't worry about it.

Everything Nilan kills, I simply raise back to life. It's not so bad being undead, my elven friends.
Magruk Eat Elf
Sojourner

Postby Magruk Eat Elf » Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:16 am

It doesn't surprise me that a god would have their attention attracted to this situation.

Gave me some thoughts on dat one. After 30 seconds head start hurting so took break.
What good is a god? Not good eatin nope, nope to tough and rotten, never get to taste real god people anyways dey just send fake look alike avy thngs anyways.

OOC: If you wanna read a good book about Lloth's interferance on other primes and how they took care of her read "Queen of the Demonwebs" it's not FR but Greyhawk so it's the "AD&D" world. Neat story though.

The Justicar, "Do you think destroying Lloth's temple would piss her off that bad?"
Mr. Badger, "Probably son, but i'll sure as hell tell you killing her avatar, would make her spittng, shove her shiny black boots up your ass sideways mad. "
The Justicar, "Oops."
Mr. Badger, "What do you mean oops?"

DEZZEX -
Me can tell you a little about Dezzex. Dezzex think he smarter then Magruk, he say to Magruk, "Mag come here and bash this guy for me, don't let him hit you"
Magruk smarter then Dezzex so Magruk walk in and say Magruk not him slave and know what to do. Magruk walk in. R.I.P.
Magruk then tell Dezzex, 'Me show you me smarter, me not do what you say, Magruk let him hit me and now he gone. And now room look like home way back in Ghore.'
Dezzex then tell me, 'You're right, your smarter then me, good show thanks.'

See? Magruk one really smart troll smarter then most of those talking snacks. Me got rid of good(read bad) man and never had to lift a finger. Who smarter now? Now where did I leave my equipment? I know I had it a second ago.

Nilan -
Light meat? Dark meat?
Me like light better cause go down smoother have sweeter taste, dark all that magic in their system tickles on the way down. But with the dark meat you can lure white meat into a trap. They do tend to scream when i attach the fishing hooks though. Maybe if hit em on head first then attach hooks might lower the screaming they scare the white meat away too often.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:33 am

Recalculate your figuring Malacar. You assume that because I do not make my acknowledgements public, that I am ignorant. You have no idea what I have or have not acknowledged.

I will not justify Nilan's actions to anyone, for those are his actions to justify. If that makes me look bad, then fine. You can pass judgement on me anytime you want to, it's natural to do so. I know who I am to those who matter. That's enough for me.

Thinking of only the past and ignoring the present.. is that not also ignorance? You said it, Malacar.. actions speak louder than words.

Elisten
High Priestess
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:09 am

I believe, my dear, that is why I have not intervened as yet. My actions are speaking very loudly, it's just that all of you are so wrapped up in your 'Nilan is a nice guy now!' mode of thinking, you're not willing to look outside your little boxes. I've actually managed to do this. I encourage you to go back and re-read my first messages. I believe I am less hostile now. Perhaps not more sympathetic, but more tolerant.

And everyone else is mentioning his past but you, so yes, it does make you look ignorant.

When at the center of attention, one must do whatever it takes to make one's decisions look to be done with forethought.

Especially when one's decision is this grave. Whether you, or I for that matter, would like to admit it or not, this decision is momentuous. It is my belief that instead of playing innocent and trying to play at words with people, you should be fully open and honest. Yes, we get that you love him. Yes, we get that you trust him. Given the severity of the situation, that is not enough. And perhaps I will never get what I want out of this(and I am not the only one). But without mentioning it and asking it, I will never have gotten the chance.

So before you hate me, try to understand why these questions are being asked, then try to imagine a 'worst case scenario'. I think you'll find this may not be the 'best case', but it is far, far from worst case.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:28 am

Malacar,

What is it you want from me, elf? You know much of me, and seem to desire to watch and learn more...why? Yet I know little of your past, elf. A fact I admit I find discomforting. No matter, soon I shall learn the information for myself. Information rarely is passed secretly over these realms without the Drow knowing it. Dezzex is a powerful magi himself...i will learn your interest Malacar.

As for my crimes you seem to so readily point out. Why do you think Elisten does not know of them? Has it not occured to you that she knows what I am? She has chosen not to care, because she has no need to care.

Do you desire my own words to be spoken of my supposed "guilt"? I will not hide it, Elf of Evermeet. I proudly admit that which you accuse me of and more.

Yes, I kill for hire. Yes, I betrayed the City of Waterdeep. Yes, I have plotted in the assassination of the Lord of Waterdeep and the paladins that flock to that Tyrants banner. Yes, I took a human form and with that form I betrayed my surface raced guild. Yes, I care not for your kind for they have taken much from my people. And yes, I will do what I must to settle that score.

And yes...I love Elisten.

There you have it Elf of Evermeet. Many would say I deserve death for my crimes. Perhaps I do... But know that I am not afraid to openly admit such "treachery" as you call it. And I am not afraid to call a grey elf, my wife.

Nilan
ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:59 am

Ah, and here is our impasse, Malacar.

If this were a situation where "She'll change him" or "He was under duress" could apply, it'd be so much easier, ne? Unfortunately, there's little left to discuss on the matter. All that can be done is to watch and wait for a new variable to enter the equation.

Perhaps I am more forgiving of Nilan's crimes because I tend to find them acceptable (for the most part). Our world is a bit topheavy as it is; the humans' nobility is self-serving, and the elves are getting a bit too big for their britches, no matter how ancient or powerful they are. There's nothing like a reign of chaos and torment to shake the surface up enough to change things. Only when the centuries of entrenched corruption are impossible due to the destruction of society can we move past our follies.

But that's a view I doubt you'll share with me. Frankly, there's no reason at all for you to like Nilan's job description. But don't assume Elisten doesn't know exactly what he's done to its fullest extent-- perhaps more so than you, as he has yet to lie to her or tell less than the whole truth. And she, like myself and several others, has learned that a killer at work isn't a killer all the time, even if he takes pleasure in his heinous acts. That domestic scene I jokingly ruminated just a while ago? I could easily see it in reality, and minus the dwarven slaves, no less. (Well, maybe not. But who cares if a dwarf or two goes missing, ne? Image )

The point of all this is that there's nothing more to add to the discussion from either side, unless someone suddenly switches views. We just have to wait. And I feel something on the horizon; we might not have to wait long at all...

Until then, my friend.

-Nida Rocheron -=Sacrifice=- Eternal Covenant
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:11 pm

I suppose you're right on the fact that there isn't anything to add, Nida. A point well said and taken.

Nilan I've stated my wants from you already. I've heard yours, and I think I've done a decent job of backing off from denouncing you.

I won't restate my views here. But I will not hide. Have your magi do his research on me. I do not fear the truth, and I have nothing to hide. My interest in this situation is simply that. My interest.

Enjoy your time together. I feel a storm brewing, one that may truly test your resolve. All I can do is sit and watch further.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sun Apr 28, 2002 12:43 am

OOC: bump!
oh by the gods, Its been a long time since I have seen such amazing roleplaying.
Elisten is my sister and Nilan has been my brother for ages, I love them both dearly. Saeshalee will see you in the underdark once again, Nils Image

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue May 28, 2002 6:25 pm

Malacar, give it up- you should know better than to argue with a fool. He'll simply drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

------------------
-Yayaril
Zellin
Sojourner

Postby Zellin » Fri May 31, 2002 10:12 am

Huh?

*sucks at rp'ing*

------------------
Zellin group says 'I'm still here buddy =)'
Zellin has left the group.

Return to “Stories”