re: My Queen

Share your original RP stories here.
Elisten
Sojourner

re: My Queen

Postby Elisten » Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:23 pm

There has been rumor that Nilan is using me to get closer to my Queen, in order to do her harm. I daresay this is not the case!

I have given my life, my love, my heart to Nilan. I trust him implicitly. To hear nasty words about Nilan hurts my heart, because I have taken the time to know the true Nilan. He would never betray me! I understand your words are meant to caution me and you say them only to protect me. Fear not my dearest friends, (and might I add, dearest foes?) Nilan Al'Shadrazaar has only good intentions in regards to me. I know this, deep in my heart.

Sincerely,
Elisten

Nilan,
I gaze daily into my precious moonstone, ever smiling, awaiting the next twilight when I may see you once again. I yearn for the day you take me in your arms and call me yours, forever... until death parts us and even after.
All my love,
Eli
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:30 pm

OOC: Elisten you know me from way back as Kelwynne. This is simply an RP post, and no offense is intended out of in-character context.

IC:

Elisten, how can you continue to call yourself a surface elf? How can you possibly believe a drow has love in his heart? His environment breeds hatred and they thrive on chaos. His god, the reviled and despised Spider Queen, encourages this behaviour. She was once the consort of the mighty Correlon, yes, but when she and her followers turned to the dark, they sealed their fate as targets to be slaughtered by their light faring brethren.

I shudder to even call a drow bretheren, but the truth is there. We are both elves. I simply have a soul and a conscience. Drow have none. I daresay that if I were to ever meet the fabled 'Drizzt', I would be wary of his intentions also. He is a drow.

Oh, and for the record...I don't see how you cannot label yourself an assassin, and then claim you have a heart. One contradicts the other in the most basest of levels. I have heard Nilan taunt the good races repeatedly with words of loathing and contempt. I have heard him say that he loves killing, and ofttimes does it for pleasure. How can one has evil as this have love in his heart?

In my simple, honest elven opinion, he cannot. And is duping you in the simplest of terms.

For shame, Elisten. I am surprised the elven gods see fit to tolerate your behaviour, and still boon you with the gift of their spells. Were I them, I would outcast you to the depths for such heresy.

Drow are to be slaughtered and shunned. Not held close while they hold a sharp pointed dirk to your back while embracing you at the same time.

And hear this, Nilan. Should you ever harm one of my kin, even one so misguided and deluded as Elisten, I will hunt you down like the dog you are, til there is nothing left in my way, and you lie a maggot filled carrion-corpse before me. You may have her fooled, drow, but I am not one so easily swayed by words and false smiles.

Malacar Kyrandal, Enchanter and Protector of the Island of Evermeet
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:52 pm

Kill her, Nilan! Kill her!!! Destroy the point ear queen!

Yayaril
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:59 am

Hey, yo, my girl be tellin' you all to back off, like, and you still screamin' 'bout this? I tell you straight up, I'ma be at that wedding; some homey wanna bust sumpin' up in there, I will -=blast=- yo cracka ass all over that party, yo. They wanna do they thang, don' be all up in it. Word.

-Nida Rocheron

OOC: Will there be cookies at the reception?
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:28 am

OOC: I thought you could only speak Jive in modern times, and only when the movie 'Airplane!' is playing in the background, or you are actually part of the cast?

Sup wit' 'dat?!
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Mon Dec 17, 2001 5:14 pm

There will be no unpleasantness at the wedding. I stand with the groom, and it will be held in a location that only a select few shall know of. Be at ease, and understand that Nilan is sincere in his feelings towards Elisten.

And understand that Nilan's skill is such that he requires no assistance if he were stalking the queen of Evermeet.

Sylvos
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Dec 17, 2001 5:57 pm

Did Malacar just quote Hurricane Helms?

Damn had him figured all wrong.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:48 pm

OOC: Nah, you probably had me figured right. I just had a momentary lapse of sanity... I'm trying to get better, though. Honest. Image

IC: I will not attend such an atrocity. That surface elves, my brethren, would stand in favor of a drow, let alone an assassin, is unfathomable.

I wish you luck, but my aid and services will be forever barred to those in favor of this wedding.

(OOC: Doesn't mean grouping and stuff, though that would be a good catch. I just like to role-play nowadays, so go with it!)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:23 pm

Actually, it's too bad there isn't outcasting anymore. If Elisten as a grey cleric really were to marry Nilan, a drow assassin who refuses to give up his evil ways, would there be any repercussions as to her spellcasting abilities? I'm talking strictly RP here.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:11 pm

Kill her Nilan! Kill the point ear queen! Spill her tainted blood with your vicious blades!

Yayaril
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Actually, it's too bad there isn't outcasting anymore. If Elisten as a grey cleric really were to marry Nilan, a drow assassin who refuses to give up his evil ways, would there be any repercussions as to her spellcasting abilities? I'm talking strictly RP here.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ashi!! Dear!

Evil can be so GOOD! Image

Eli
*Member of CUE - Cleric Union of Evermeet!*
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nida:
Hey, yo, my girl be tellin' you all to back off, like, and you still screamin' 'bout this? I tell you straight up, I'ma be at that wedding; some homey wanna bust sumpin' up in there, I will -=[b]blast=- yo cracka ass all over that party, yo. They wanna do they thang, don' be all up in it. Word.

-Nida Rocheron

OOC: Will there be cookies at the reception?[/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sup Nida! Image *laugh* You are a dear friend. Can't imagine Faerun without you. (BTW everyone? I'd fear Nida! She scares even me sometimes!!)

Love,
Eli

PS - I will find you cookies! Even if I have to have Malacar bake em! *bleh* Image
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:53 pm

Malacar,

Never, not one single time, have I ever felt threatened by Nilan. Sitting beneath the twilight, in his arms, in his embrace... I have never felt more safe in my life.

Till the day I day, even were it to be tomorrow, I will never, ever fear Nilan.

You can spout "righteously" if it suits you, but indeed, what is righteous? Who's to say what is right or wrong? Life is a great big scale and without either good or bad, there would be no balance. If there was no evil in this world, what then, dear Malacar, would you protect? Absolutely nothing. For nothing would exist.

You will never have a need to hunt Nilan down, for he will never hurt me. However, for those that try to hurt him, you will have to get past me. I will die before I let him die. Such is my love for him. Such is my love.

Elisten

OOC: Can you make some cookies for Nida if I cannot find any? Image
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:40 am

Do you think I do not hear the talk...Do you think I do not know what is being said? I stay my poisoned dagger within its sheathe as righteous surface dwellers loose their accusations in my direction. I stay my blades for Elisten and Elisten alone....but I shall stay them no longer.

Malacar, you dare pass judgement upon Elisten...kinswoman to elves of Evermeet!! Hold your tongue before you find it removed one day. If you must pass judgement upon anyone, then pass judgment on me alone. Elisten has done nothing wrong...she has only shown me a kindness that none have...she has given me a piece of her heart and her love. If that is evil, then I do not understand.

Ashiwi, you are as much a killer as I am. Does your fair skin, make you "just"? Do not pretend that you do not know what its like to murder. You know the feel of warm blood between your fingers as much as I or my kin do. What makes you "righteous"? And you dare look upon Elisten, and loathe her for showing me kindness..you dare to outcast her from her kin because she has found "love". And you call yourself honorable. Tell me what honor is there in that?

My intentions for Elisten, my elven jewel, are mine and mine alone to keep. My feelings I share with her. I do not desire to, nor will I, share them with the likes of you surface raced fools. Would it matter if i made my intentions public?...you have already chosen your believes regardless of what I could ever say.

As for your precious Queen, Malacar. Should I wish her dead, she'd be dead. My business is my own affair. I need not use anyone, including Elisten, to get close to my targets. Nor, do i need discuss matters of my profession with you. Believe as you must, stop me if you dare...but raise your blade or utter but the slightest words of a spell in my direction, and I promiss you, not even my love for Elisten will stay my daggers.

Nilan

-ShadowStalker- Drow Assassin

To Elisten,

Your courage to stand beside me when none dare, warms my heart and soul. You are indeed my elven jewel, my priestess. Forgive my words against your kin but they leave me little choice.

Til the day we are one, walk proudly in your sunlight fields, and I under the shadows of night. I adore you, lady elf.

Nilan Image
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:01 pm

Nilan,

I am surprised that I did not receive an invite. Surely this would be an oppotune time to discuss our joint objectives regarding the fall of Waterdeep. Alas I will grant you the time with your new bride. Yet as the wine flows let it be a reminder of how Lord P's lifeforce will flow freely into the central fountain of Waterdeep. The time is at hand; we must act quickly.

Toarn
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Dec 20, 2001 4:18 am

Thank you Nilan, for proving my point. You instinctively rebut with violence.

And yet you claim to have compassion. You threaten the elven queen, Elisten's queen, no matter how much I dislike the thought of an impure soul being a 'loyal' subject.

Yes Nilan, I can see how you show your love. It's very clear.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:51 am

I will say this once and once only! No one, no way, no how, will ever, ever stand between Nilan and me. We are going to be wed. There is nothing anyone can do about this, short of killing one or the other of us. And even then, you will not have come between us, for nothing can break the bond of love. Not even death.

To our friends: Thank you for the encouragement and support, you truly know the meaning of friendship and understand what love is.

To our enemies: You are warned. Do not attempt foolish acts in order to break apart Nilan and myself. It will never happen! And furthermore, if you do try... you will wish you never tried.

Trust me on this: Like I've said to others before.. There is no wrath greater than that of a woman's. Keep this well in mind if you choose to try and destroy Nilan's and my life.

Elisten

(Nilan - you know my heart, you know what I want. I will not forsake you, ever. I love you!
As always, I remain..
Your Priestess)
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:26 am

So I see his dark and hideous ways of violence have already crept into your mind.

I weep for the loss of another true elf.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:56 am

Again, I must say something.

Tonight, I nearly lost Nilan to my own stupidity. I was tied up, dragged to somewhere that I might have seen the end of my true love's life.

There I sat, quietly, peering often at the one who held my bonds. Not once was I going to allow my captor the satisfaction of knowing my terror, my fear.

Here, the story begins...
Earlier in the evening, this person I speak of, told Nilan his intentions. Nilan immedietly told me to stay out of Waterdeep. I knew I had to do what is right. I was going to turn myself in, never allowing this person to bring harm to Nilan. I was foolish. He used his skills and tracked me down, tied me up and held me captive. This person's intentions were/are this: To see me widowed before seeing me a bride. He nearly succeeded this night.
I told Nilan to stay away, not to come for me. I had my friends tell him. I did all I could in my power to persuade Nilan to not come for me, to not play this dangerous game. This person who captured me wanted me to watch as Nilan fought for my life. In my whole life I have never wanted anything more, than for Nilan to stay away from this danger I caused. Yet, in my heart, I knew he would come. I know he will always come.

And so Nilan came, risking his life for me. He would have battled my captor, to see me live. Even though I know, deep in my heart, even if Nilan died, my captor would have killed me also. It is no doubt, his way.

In the meantime, my friends dropped everything to find a way to free me. Such friendship! Such loyalty! To one such as me. Thank you friends, thank you Eternal Covenant. I owe you my life, I pledge myself to you.

Here is how this story ends...
My captor had me in a seemingly checkmate position. However, he made a false move. He left the area I was in, for a few moments, telling me not to go anywhere. (Sense of humor, egads.) He left the room, I tried to unbind myself only to find that I was already untied! I was free! A miracle from whatever god listened to my cries for help, for my wish that Nilan would remain unharmed. I flee'd the area and returned to my Cleric guild in Evermeet and there, I found safety.

Those of you who doubt Nilan's love for me, his goodwill towards me.. doubt no more! Nilan came for me! He risked his very breath, to save me. He would have died for me. He came for me. Now, you tell me... is Nilan capable of love? Clearly, so clearly.. the answer is yes! If you continue to doubt, Nilan will continue to prove you wrong.

Here my rants end. For I am weary after such an ordeal.

My Darling Nilan - You are my saving Grace. I love you more than you can ever know.

I remain..
Yours.
Elisten

PS - Might you wonder who my captor was.. all I will speak is this: He was of my own kind. A Grey Elf.
Sir Elf - I will hunt you down. And I am not alone. Be wary, be scared.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:13 am

Tonight I almost lost a precious gift.

My Elisten, was taken from me, not by trolls, orcs, goblins or even drow. Not by the things you surface people fear most... Instead, she was captured by her own kin...a grey elf skilled in butchery and murder, a grey elf in the service of the god Sheverash.

Why you ask?

Elisten became the bait in this Elf's diabolical scheme. All because I refused to fight him...I refused to fight him without a reason.

I have made a promiss to myself and out of my love for Elisten that I will not shed the blood of her kin before our wedding night. Her people blood upon my daggers is not something I wish to give her on our wedding night.

And so I had no reason to fight this Elf of Sheverash. *glare* His words were made to tempt me to his challenge..but again i told this elf , slave to a cowardly god, that if he knew anything about me , he must know that words did not give me reason to fight him.

He then told me that he would capture Elisten and hed give me the reason needed to engage him in mortal combat.

I told him to leave her out of this...that it was me he wanted, not her...that she was of his own people.

He only snickered, praising a pitiful god and desiring my blood to run the length of his blades.

Elisten's own kin captured her and used her to get to me. She begged me not to come, but she knew I would. Her friends, surface worlders all, told me not to go...but again Elisten knew I would come for her...and so did he.

I entered his deadly little circle, my soul prepared. As i entered I received word that my love had freed herself and called upon her god to provide her with santuary in her cleric guild hall.

Upon learning of this i sheathed my daggers and cautiously backed out of the circle of death that this elven butcher had planned. The shadows concealed my retreat.

I say this so that all will hear because I am not afraid to say it :

Know this, Elf of Sheverash, and any others that would dare use Elisten to get to me...Know that there is not a place in all the realms that i can not find you...And when I do i shall repay you ten fold.

All that you hold dear, I shall destroy as you have done to me...You, I will have watch as my poisoned blades steal the light from the eyes of those you love and cherish. And when all that you treasure, all that you love is destroyed, then and only then will I send you to hell....And your "good" God Sheverash will count him self lucky if he can even identify your bodies. *spit*

You have been so warned...the choice is now yours to make...

Nilan

*ShadowStalker* - Drow Assassin

And for Elisten , my lady, I am so sorry you had to endure that this night. Twas not your noble actions of turning yourself in to WD justice that led to this. You fell into this danger because of who and what I am...We both know this will never stop...But I, like you will not walk away.

No one will make you a widow before I make you my bride *wink* Image
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:05 pm

Elisten has not been corrupted by the dark one Nilan. She has been, and shall be pure of heart. I fear however that the hearts of others, some of Elisten's own kind, are being corrupted by their fear of the dark elf. Sad it is that you must use your kindred as a pawn for some bloody plot to dispose of Nilan.

I pray this does not continue to escalate. Elisten, you shall have my aid if you so desire. May your god Sheverash continue to protect you.

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 12-27-2001).]
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>So I see his dark and hideous ways of violence have already crept into your mind.

I weep for the loss of another true elf.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Malacar,

You have never loved, have you? If you have, you would understand what every person in love knows.

Elisten
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
<B>Elisten has not been corrupted by the dark one Nilan. She has been, and shall be pure of heart. I fear however that the hearts of others, some of Elisten's own kind, are being corrupted by their fear of the dark elf. Sad it is that you must use your kindred as a pawn for some bloody plot to dispose of Nilan.

I pray this does not continue to escalate. Elisten, you shall have my aid if you so desire. May your god Sheverash continue to protect you.

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 12-27-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rylan -
You have only ever been kind to me. I thank you very much. I hope it shall never come to pass, the day I may need to call on your aid... however, I fear it may.

Elisten
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:28 am

Rylan, your kind, the humans of Faerun, have never had the pleasure of knowing what dealing with the soulless dark elves. You've never had the pleasure of watching their cruelty. You do not have access to the history books my people keep about their exploits, and WHY they were cast from the light.

Do not presume to tell me, or any of my kind, that we have no right to hate and fear the drow. Oh yes, fear is a part of it. For they will stop at nothing to acquire the chaos they so desire.

What that Elf of Shevarash did was wrong. I have been mulling this over since hearing of this, and come to the conclusion that what he did was simply bring himself down to the level of the dark elves. That, in my eyes, is pathetic, and an affront to the Elven nations. I call you openly a coward, and will never again call you a brother, should I glean your name and appearance from my scrying attempts. You simply endangered a lost soul to try and capture a dark soul. Unexcusable.

Elisten - I have loved more deeply than I could ever express. She was taken from me at the hands of a dark elven surface raid. So yes, I hate the stinking drow and all of their cohorts. If this includes you, I am sorry to say, that my doors would ever be closed to you... That is, until the day that Nilan could prove to the Elven peoples, not just you, that he intends good. And only good.

I do not see that happening. And thus is my scorn and grieving continued.

Malacar Kyrandal, Enchanter and Protector of Evermeet
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:58 am

Malacar,

I shall prove nothing to you...or the elven peoples. I care not what they think of me and my kin. I saw the actions of a butcher the other night...one that almost took Elisten from me.

And for what??? So that this Elf of Sheverash, could give my blood to his pathetic God!!!

You speak of history, Malacar, you speak of hatred. I have more reason to hate the Elves of Evermeet that you will ever know.

They took from my people , rolling hills, they took from my people starlit skies...and yesterday they almost took from me , my whole life.

So you, and your kin demand that I prove myself to you.

I say , I owe you and your people nothing!!!!

I have proven my love to the only elf that matters to me. The compassion i have in my "drow" heart, exists only for her...for i have received no compassion from your kin...and neither has Elisten.

My intentions, Malacar, are mine and mine alone. Perhaps one day I shall reveal them to you...when the time is right...

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin - House Al'Shadraazar
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:08 am

Rylan, I think too many resurrects have gone to your head... perhaps soon you will wish to find an orc husband? Your acceptance of this love is as foolish as your race.

Malacar, you who know not what took place trust the twisted tales of a drow assassin and his demented fiance? Did she escape, or was she allowed to go? For what real purpose was her temporary confinement? Before you are so eager to pass judgement, realize that what you believe you know is nothing compared to what has passed. Leave matters of the drow to us, and return to your idling with the mortals.

Elisten, my heart grieves for you not, for we have long known your mind and your fate shall be your own.

Nilan, only the foolish would believe your words. Should your intentions and love be true your own society would have slain you long ago. The fact that you still live is proof of conspiracy.

To discuss it further with ignorant minds is futility. The drow are evil. Forget it not.

Kiyre, Hunter of Drow
Follower of Sheverash
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:11 am

Your people are owed nothing, assassin.

Your people CHOSE their dark path, and were cast from the light because of their choice.

You steal one of those that follows the paths of the light. You take her from us, those of us that can understand, that can FEEL love for our kin.

And you take her to the depths.. You play at words, and show your dark heart at every turn. You throw empty threats and hollow jabs at me. You want my kin. If she goes, that is her choice. Her life. Her future... That she is throwing away in a vain attempt at having love with a creature... Nay an abomination, I say! ... That is truly not worth it.

You prove your dark and twisted ways at every attempt. Your contempt for anything pure and honest is duly noted.

Your presence, opinion, and thoughts... Are summarily dismissed.

Take your threats elsewhere. I owe you nothing. My people owe you nothing. For the thousands of years of suffering and strife your demented kind has put us through, I cast you down, and any who try to follow you. Never again will I call Elisten of the Underdark kin. Never again will any true elf aid her, except out of pity.

You've cast aside the light, and love of our nation, Elisten. Woe is the day of this terrible loss.

Woe is the day that my land is further fractured by a simple thug.

Malacar Kyrandal, Enchanter and Protector of the island of Evermeet, sad brother to a lost sister
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:13 am

Kaede -

Regardless of what happens or happened... Stealing one, to harm another is... wrong.

I may not know the facts, true. I invite you to share them with me, my brother. I wish to know the truth.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:14 am

OOC - I sincerely hope everyone involved with this thread treats this like role-play, and realizes it is as such. I hold no ill feelings towards either Nilan nor Elisten outside of the context of our characters. So please be advised to keep this strictly role-play. Image
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:35 am

Malacar, I do not pretend to know what its like for you as an elf to have delt with the drow. I am not attempting to belittle your feelings about this matter, in fact I respect them. What I found distasteful is the kidnapping of Elisten, by one of her own kind. I do not want to see this turn any uglier than it already has.

Kiyre, I have not said I accept this love. I find i hard to do so. However, I stand by Elisten, as I believe her thoughts and feelings are pure. I just hope no harm comes to her out of this.
I believe it may be you, Kiyre, whose judgement is clouded enough by your own feelings, that you turn your back on one of your own kind. Say what you will of humans, but we stand with each other until the end.

OOC: Nods Malacar.. I think everoyne knows that, and its really some good rp here Image
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Dec 28, 2001 8:17 am

You hold Nilan responsible for the sins his kin has committed. Yes he has been an assassin, but I am familiar with all who have addressed this topic and none have unstained hands. All have taken the life of another being.

Shall I too, hold the Grey Elves responsible for the sins they committed against me and my father? For I am, as my father was, half-elven, scarcely noticed or acknowledged by the lofty idealism of the grey elves of Evermeet. I have observed house servants receive greater respect than I have received.

When my father carried word of my grandmother's death to kin on Evermeet, his words were accepted and he was refused even basic hospitality and had to stay at the inn like a common traveler.

So shall I, and all my half-elven brethren, hold all Grey Elves guilty of bigotry and intolerance? For you are in turn labeling Nilan with a label you apply to his entire race. You do him an injustice, just as I would do the elven nation an injustice to assume every grey elf is as closed-minded as the majority of your species.

I believe my father's thoughts sum it up best, and they are freshly imprinted into my mind. "Act your damned age and accept that things change."

Sylvos Winteraven

[This message has been edited by Sylvos (edited 12-28-2001).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Dec 28, 2001 8:25 am

Sylvos, I have always ignored your being a half-breed. Drow and Duergar aside, race is a null issue for me. Yes, I disdain humans somewhat(this is a long story that I may share sometime, but this is neither the time nor the place), but I accept most... Until they prove they cannot be trusted.

I ask you this: When have you ever heard (seen a post by) this Nilan fellow say something that did not involve threats of violence upon another person? I think maybe once. Perhaps twice. Out of many many instances, he has constantly proven his is of evil intent.

I dare you to prove me wrong my friend. I am willing to admit I am wrong if there is proof. And don't go looking for one instance. I want at least 3/4s to prove majority. I doubt you will find these.

This drow...*spits the word in disgust*... Has proven time and again he is unworthy of not only trust, but mention. Perhaps he has some form of reputation in his underworld backalleys. I care not. His actions speak much louder than his, Elistens, Rylans, or even your, words. Integrity is what it is all about my friend. He has never shown he has integrity.

He has no honor.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Dec 28, 2001 9:26 am

Nilan's kind are all the same. They all deserve the long sleep.

You time draws nearer Shadowstalker, be wary.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:05 pm

Let me describe some of the history Nilan and I have. Perhaps I too will be labeled tainted after the tale, but it should not be hidden.

My father lived in the age of intolerance and was typically considered a rogue amongst his brethren. He married an assassin, claimed a necromancer for his best friend. And yes, also counted Nilan amongst his friends. At the time, Nilan was living on the surface, passing as a human assassin within the city of Waterdeep. You may think this proves how little he can be trusted, that he lived under such a guise. But it is the opposite - he lived in that city for many years and it has only once been invaded by the underdark denizens, long after Nilan's departure from that city.

Nilan has a professed hatred of paladins and rangers, yet he was willing to grant me a chance at existence when I was but freshly adventuring. He has never asked anything onerous of me, nor anything that would be considered treasonous to the surface-world. Either he was willing to give me the benefit of the doubt and hope I wouldn't act against him, showing an open-mindedness that I find refreshin. Or he was willing to spare me in respect to my father, honoring the friendship they shared. Thus acting with honor, something I have heard the drow accused of not possessing.

Nilan's defensive statements have been riddled with threats, I agree. He is obviously no politician. However consider the environment he hails from, where the word for friend, Abbil, serves equally well to describe an enemy. Their language, their culture allows for only posturing and threats to get a point across. But he has not acted.

He has not attacked the accusers against him. He has threatened, but I consider it no more threatening than when a dog warns another away from a mate. He is acting to protect his love, and she to him. You ask to let his actions speak for him - let his LACK of any action aside from words speak to his intentions.

As to what acceptance I, and my father have received, I know Malacar. I used it to make a point and draw a parallel between the situations. I have met plenty of Elisten's and your Kindred that have treated me with respect and honor, and for that you have my gratitude.

Sylvos Winteraven
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Fri Dec 28, 2001 10:47 pm

Elisten is my sister of a sorts and loving her as such I shall be at this wedding.... I shall attend with joy in my heart for both Elisten and Nilan... in all my dealings with my drow friend he has never threatened me nor caused me any reason to fear for my safety or the safety of my family... the one and only thing Nilan has ever asked of me... dare I say begged of me... was to promise to protect his love... from his kind and her kind... to take her into my family and keep her safe... I could not promise to guarentee Elisten's safety not in the harsh lands we roam in.. but I could and did vow to do everything in my power to protect her.. to be willing to die for my sister... I also promised that should Nilan ever deliberately harm Elisten it would be his blood on my hands...

While I was exploring a smokey plane with my family and friends I recieved horrible news that Elisten had been kidnapped.. by a grey elf no less.. and was being held hostage in order to bait Nilan into a fight to the death... we immediately began planning on a way to rescue her... Elisten begged us for help.. not for herself but to convince Nilan to not help her.. to save his life... she was willing to lose hers rather then see him dead... Nilan could not be convinced.. would willingly sacrifice his life to save Elisten's... by the grace of the Gods someone or something intervened and saved both of them... my personal belief was to rally Eternal Covenant and aid Nilan in the slaying of this foul elf.... does this make me evil? some may think so.. but I would no sooner sit back if my husband Ferdelon was kidnapped... I would have hot thick blood on my hands as I kissed my husband and a very happy grin on my face...

For those who would wish Elisten harm you will be required to deal with her family first... for she has a large family now... known as Eternal Covenant... and we will do whatever is necessary to protect each other.. for that is what families do... and we will be present at the wedding to show our love and support of Elisten.... and may the God's help those that seek to harm her....

Cerlayne L'ytria 'SwordDancer' Eternal Covenant
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:17 am

Your "Eternal Covenant" must have been forged in the jailhouse, for how many members of your band of misfits and those that aspire to befriend it have bounties on their heads? You and your companions know well to what I allude, the list is long. It comes as no surprise to me that Elisten would be forced to find allies among outlaws.

Know this, Elisten was never under any harm except by the danger she seeks for herself. Kidnapped? I would not expect you to comprehend fully, but as parents must guide their children so we have tried for her. And a child she is, though she may try to act otherwise.

Perhaps this madness that Elisten and Nilan profess as love is true. As several of our own heritage (and those of decent) have proven, they have forgotten the reality of the drow. They have devoted their time to self indulgence in false adventures, neglecting to notice the gathering of the evil races by the drow. It is quite possible the same situation affects Nilan, for his skills lie in empty threats and he is not as he boasts.

The trap was set but your demise was reconsidered. Proceed with your wedding, Nilan, but know our agents are ever present.

Kiyre, Hunter of Drow
Follower of Sheverash
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sat Dec 29, 2001 1:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>
Elisten - I have loved more deeply than I could ever express. She was taken from me at the hands of a dark elven surface raid.

Malacar Kyrandal, Enchanter and Protector of Evermeet</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Malacar,
I apologize for my harsh words, I was quite upset at the time. I am sure you have loved. But please do not tell me you have never wanted to harm anyone for hurting those you love!
You surely would agree with me, if I were in love with a grey elf. I tell you now, that if that were the case, I would say the exact same things I've said before. I will hunt down anyone who intends to harm or does indeed harm the ones I love.
Love is blind, like I've said so many times. It doesn't care what color you are or what race.

Please understand, I did not mean any offense, but if you must take it as such, then you will do what you will do.

Best Regards,
Elisten -High Priestess- Eternal Covenant
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:11 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kaede:
<B>Malacar, you who know not what took place trust the twisted tales of a drow assassin and his demented fiance? Did she escape, or was she allowed to go? For what real purpose was her temporary confinement?

Kiyre, Hunter of Drow
Follower of Sheverash</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kiyre,

To think we sat and laughed only a few nights ago. *boggle* And then you tie me up, intending to make me watch whilst you and Nilan fight. Do you gain glory from making a lady watch while you attempt to kill her dreams? Her hopes? Her whole world?

And you, you call me demented.

Yes, I did escape. I prayed long and hard, to whatever god was listening that night. It was nothing short of a miracle. A miracle of love.

And please, you tell me then. WHAT was the purpose of my confinement, if not what I have spoken? You are the one who bound me.

Once upon a time, I admired you. Now.. I pity you.

Elisten
-High Priestess- Eternal Covenant
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Dec 29, 2001 5:48 am

I have never hated you Elisten. Nor would I condemn you for a couple of harsh words.

More to the point, I only hate those that are worthy of my hate. And I assure you, the list is small on individual names.

I admire your courage for standing up to the masses to proclaim your love... But I still feel you are misguided. I would never harm another simply to get back at someone. I state that now, loudly and clearly. Kiyre has good intention, but very poor choice of action in my opinion. I know the followers of the Black Archer hate the dark ones with a passion, so I cannot proclaim to know their minds.

You do not have to fear retribution for your choice from me Elisten. At least not in that theme. I wouldn't cause direct harm to you. I simply would not aid you were I to possibly avoid it. You've made your choice, and shown courage. But misguided courage. Misguided love. Misguided trust.

I implore you, look past your feelings. Look at his ACTIONS, and not his words. You are treading a dangerous path. I know kin of yours and mine...Who would go to greater lengths than Kiyre did. I frown on that, and implore them with more than words to hold their hand. That is not the correct path. Logic must come first. Striking at you, to get back at Nilan, is not the answer. It will only steel the resolve.

Nilan has shown nothing but sheer disdain for those around him. Perhaps he did masquerade in the city of Waterdeep at one time. Perhaps he did have friends in the light. Perhaps he did lie, to conceal his race, for whatever end he chose.

But I ask you... Is a friendship, borne of a lie, really a friendship?
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:43 am

Hey, not to bust in on your little elfie party or anything, but have you people not listened to a word Elisten's said? She's being very calm and rational and patient in her explanations of her reasoning, and all you can say is "DROW DROW DROW DROW DROW". Respect to the girl, yo, 'cause she's probably the only pointy I've ever known who can keep her cool when anything more involved than planning next week's bridge game comes up. You'd think a race that lives centuries would be able to take things in stride. *roll* And we can't forget that it's not just Eli who's showing off Nilan's redeeming values-- there are more of us "drow sympathizers" out here than you think. For every one of us who speaks in defense of our homies, there are at least four who remain silent. Not an army, but certainly enough to make a difference.

Now I've been listening to you ancient suckers talk smack about my girl Eli and her boytoy for a long time, and I ain't said nothing but one thing, that being that I'm willing to lay out some smack of my own should anyone pull shit on them. Well, seems like I got my reason. Would've taken care of it already if I hadn't been out of the loop for so long. But hey, I can still jump on the bandwagon so many people have already started rolling, now that a name has been revealed: Kiyre, your skinny ass is grass, the moment any one of us vengeful little bastards gets our hands on you. There's only so many stabs you can get in on me before your lungs dissolve in acid, bucko.

Hell, I realize I can't trust any of you elfies, 'cept the ones I found out be worth trusting tonight. I was somehow priviledged to witness an event that cements in my mind forever exactly who is worthy of respect. All the rest of you are closet Kiyres, as far as I'm concerned-- laugh and talk with Eli all you like, but I'm watching and waiting for you to take off your masks. It may not be my place to exact revenge for Elisten's abduction or anything that comes in the future, but I'll be damned if I don't get the word out to those whose place it is to bust your faces in.

Elisten, Nilan: I am your obedient servant. What things I may perform are yours for the taking, no questions asked. I may not look quite badass enough to make your betrayers tremble, but looks can straight up be deceiving. Especially when you're dealing with a barbarian human girl who is completely and immovably dedicated to her charge of protection and retribution.

Word.

[This message has been edited by Nida (edited 12-29-2001).]
Axxsinlazzam
Sojourner

Postby Axxsinlazzam » Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:09 pm

OMG this is GREAT.
Please continue this ranting and raving.
I look foward everytime someone posts in this topic.

Bravo!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:36 pm

I'm sorry, human. I can't understand a single thing you just said.

We 'pointies' have a hard time understanding gibberish.

Every single 'drow sympathizer' has evaded the questions I put forth. Almost convincingly. You spew righteousness, and try to throw it in my, and others' faces.

Live the strife my peoples have had because of dark elves. Live the suffering. Then would I willingly try to decipher your babble. I do not let this hurt own my life, but I daresay not a single one of the 'sympathizers' have bothered to look at this from different angles. Perhaps it is lack of attention span that humans are famous for.

I will be patient and ask again... When have you, outside of this conversation, heard Nilan(and I've been speaking directly about Nilan here in the past several instances) not speak or act violently? When has he not threatened violence upon another? Upon my queen?

But yet I am supposed to swallow this righteous drivel, and know that... "Oh he can love Elisten, he will care for her and love her!"

Poppycock. The first time she displeases him, who's to say he won't drive a knife into her? Oh, he may regret it later, sure. But based on his past transgressions, lies, deceptions and fallacies... You cannot possibly tell me I have no grounds to be suspicious.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:42 am

Place a knife in the back of my wife!!! You think me capable of such a cowardly act? I'd sooner run my dagger across your throat Malacar, or that of your precious Queen, before I harm Elisten...

Your words, elf, are as much full of contempt and fear, as mine are full of threats. You say I have no honor...what do you know of honor? I see nothing but fear in your eyes...in your words.

You have lost a loved one to my people once...you know how that feels. Do not begin to seek your revenge through me, elf. To you and those that follow your pitiful God Sheverash, seek your glory elsewhere, if you wish to bask in it at all.

Though Elisten is my wife, I do not seek to walk among your people Malacar. Nor do I seek acceptence by a people so cold that they would harm their own for the sake of Drow blood upon their blades. Tell me then, Malacar, is this the honor that you speak of?

Do you and those that follow you, truly know what the word means? I think not.

Be wary always Elf, for someday I might yet meet you in Evermeet's palace halls...

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin, husband to Elisten.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:44 am

Yet more threats.

I don't fear you Nilan. I find you rather laughable. Your thin veneer of bravado is waning thin, and the repititious nature of your attacks is hollow.

You say you see fear in my eyes. I laugh at that. What you see, my dear dark elf, is loathing for you and your kind. My hand will not stray to harm you... For now. I cry out because what you are doing with Elisten is a tragedy waiting to happen. I do not interfere, other than with my words, out of respect for my kin. And the healthy respect.. Perhaps fear.. Of your kin. One would be stupid to not fear the dark elves. They are devious liars with no regard for anyone or anything, other than themselves. To that end, I watch my back. And only watch my back. For I know the drow are too cowardly to come to our faces, and fight us with honor. I know they come at our backs, in numbers, because THEY fear US.

WE cast the drow down. We the surface elves, and our beloved deities. If the drow are so powerful, and we are in paranois of them, then why haven't the drow come back to the surface in all these millenia? Because they are the ones that are afraid.

I stand by my words. A friendship borne of a lie, is not a friendship. A love borne with a monster can only produce monstrous effects.

For you are just that, dark elf. A monster. An abomination.
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:45 am

Aight then, Mally ol' pally, lemme speak a little clearer so we can level, ne? *smile*

Sylvos made a very nice point, one which I believe got glossed over in your rush to continue with the drow-bashing. Yes, both races come from common roots, but the long exile from the surface has changed the dark elves almost beyond recognition. Obviously, those changes aren't only physical. I have not studied the history of either race enough to know the original transgression, real or perceived, that resulted in the separation of the drow from the greys. All I know is that the Underdark is a very scary place, and it's no wonder that there would be violence ingrained into every denizen of that realm. I'm not saying something like "Please excuse our friend Nilan for his lack of tact". I'm just with Sylvos in reminding you that you're not dealing with your fluffy-bunny surface counterparts. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's inherently evil. Just means that he's a product of a culture that takes a hell of a lot of guts to survive in.

To grant you a point: Indeed, I have no personal or racial enmity with anyone which could provide me insight into the eternal grey/drow war. On top of that, I don't have the benefit of centuries of experience to develop my understanding of people. So I won't make the mistake of saying that I can catch a glimpse of how any of you truly, honestly feel.

Wait, check that-- I will stand firm that I know what it is to care for someone and see them walk a path straight into suffering, despite the hands of all those who love them reaching out to pull them to safety. At least we share that much.

So if you can indulge me with that shared feeling, then I'll attempt to indulge you with my thoughts from another angle. Here we go: Nida the Grey Elf.

If I've got things correct, you all pretty much knew (or knew of, in most cases) Nilan long before he and Eli ever got to be an item. Probably knew him most for his venemous speeches about "kill this" and "stab that" and "blood flowing like water", ad infinitum, ad nauseum. And the insufferable arrogance of the man to even think he could threaten the Queen! Quite an impossible goal, but many impossible things have been accomplished by one person who's willing to take action. And he's a trained assassin with elvin blood on his blade; there's no question that he knows how to kill.

Then, rather without warning except to those who knew her best, Elisten, your sister, one with pure honor and connections straight to the gods, gets all in a tizzy over this?! It's so ridiculous that saying "Preposterous! Madness! Outrage!" is mere redundance. Whatever she's up to, it better be over soon.

But it doesn't blow over, and she gets drawn in further by this deceiver, this predator, this creature who crawled from darkness and is destined to return to darkness-- this man who threatens now to drag your comrade into darkness with him. A small-scale symbol of what his entire race has prepared to do to yours for generations. A little victory, yes, but a standard to rally around for the enemy and a blow to the pride and hearts of all Evermeet.

What more could go wrong? You show her calmly and rationally what's going on; you try to snap her out of it with fierce words; you pray and plan and plot, but to no avail. And then, compounding your frustrations, others begin to speak-- others who comfort her and deceive her even further by telling her what she wants to hear. Only this time the deceivers are not your lifelong enemies. This time, they're meddling human mayflies. They're thick-skulled barbarians who have barely begun to understand metalsmithing, let alone the finer points of civilization. Worst of all, they are your own kin, elves like you, elves who may even have fought at your side in ages past to wipe the drow filth from the surface of the world whenever they have crept from their holes. Elisten feels consoled by these "friends", comforted, at ease; the path of least resistance is always so much more inviting than the rough path of good and righteousness, especially when "love" already has its hooks in you, ne?

It's so pointless, you wish you had less honor-- hell, less spine even-- so you could just friggin' give up on the silly girl. Everything you say is just another repetition of everything you've already said, only now it's getting rebutted by a bunch of interfering puppies who forget that this is reality, not a stupid romantic poem.

Did I sum it up for you, Malacar? Perhaps I'm not right on the target, but I bet I got damned close.

Now I'll ask a favor of you: Please do the same thing for me. Look at it from her point of view. And mine, and all her friends' as well. If nothing else, you might find some new arrows to pierce our arguments through. Come back to me with a report just like mine, with our thoughts and feelings and observations in your own words. Then we'll be better able to discuss things. I look forward to it.

-Nida Rocheron, the silly human with no attention span

[This message has been edited by Nida (edited 12-29-2001).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:52 am

Nida,

A truly well spoken speech. Your words are coherent.. Something I truly crave in my conversations.

I will think on your words, though I have attempted many a time to think from her angle, to try and see what she sees. Redoubling my efforts, perhaps... Well perhaps it may work. I cannot say that I promise to succeed. You are asking me to suspend every basis for the history between our two races... The backstabbing, the horrors and pain. But I will try.

To that end... You are very close on your perceptions, except for the fact I only marginally care what humans, or any other race, says to my kin. She betrays all of the grey elves, and the honor we have taken so long to cultivate. But I digress, that is simply rhetoric with my previous arguements against this... union.

I thank you for your efforts and time you put into this. It's gladdening to know some humans can see through the surface values of words, and actually hear/feel them.

I will try my damnedest to do the same, as I have stated.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:30 am

"I stand by my words. A friendship borne of a lie, is not a friendship. A love borne with a
monster can only produce monstrous effects.

For you are just that, dark elf. A monster. An abomination. " - Malacar

*lowers his eyes and winces at the words*

Elisten does not think me a monster...an "abomination". That is all that matters to me.

So hunt me if you will , Malacar. Join with Sheverash the Butcher and the sheep that follow him. I have my precious jewel...I have the purest gem in all of Evermeet. And not you, not Kiyre, not even Sheverash's entire Legion will ever take Elisten from me.

This I promiss you.....

Nilan

*ShadowStalker*
- Assassin - House Al'Shadrazaar

remember this if you heed nothing else, Malacar , and the Elves of Evermeet....

" l'ssinssrigg d'draa shlu'ta xonathull l'plithut d'mzil "
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:37 am

Nilan

What little I understand of the language of the drow does not encompass the words you have spoken and asked us to remember. In my heart I truly wish to believe that you are capable of stepping beyond the violence of the world you have known for so long. I have only your past actions from which to judge you, but I am not the judge of all things good and evil and that is not the position I wish to take.

With that in mind, I prefer to believe that there is a hope for light in all dark places, and I want to believe that you have done something that many would never believe you capable of. Have you, indeed, addressed one of my people without threat, Nilan? Did you step forward without promises of death at your hands?

Many believe the drow incapable of life without brutality. Many have believed you incapable, and not only because you are drow, but because you have promised us that brutality over and over again. I have watched, and I have listened, and I have hoped that you might prove us wrong for Elisten's sake. If there was no threat to the words you ask us to remember, then perhaps my hopes are not unfounded. I pray that you will have the strength to prove us wrong throughout the rest of your lives together, and that peace may some day be your constant companion.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:16 pm

Yes,

And while I know nothing of the drow language... I stated very clearly and cleanly that I will not raise a hand against you, Nilan... Yet.

But hear this. The day you harm Elisten, is the day you regret every second of every minute of every hour of every day, for the rest of your miserable existence.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:36 pm

Malacar,

If its harm to Elisten you truely fear then look to your own kin....they are the ones who have harmed her thus far

Not me.....

Nilan

Return to “Stories”