Rituals and Consequences

Share your original RP stories here.
Ashemiem
Sojourner

Rituals and Consequences

Postby Ashemiem » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:51 am

A crescent moon shone down upon the clearing, silvery light coating the elves in luminescence. Surrounding the priests was a ring of silent sentinels; towering trees that had lived for centuries. A stone bier sat in the center of the ring; etched into its surface were symbols of harps, swords and always Elves at play or work. Letters gleamed in the moonlight, ancient elvish script reading Agar en amin, aman Tel’Quessir.

Rich blue robes shrouded each Elf in attendance, cowls pulled low to conceal identity. The only exception was the elf standing directly in front of the bier; his hood was thrown back to display tightly-cropped copper curls and a crescent moon scar on his face that mirrored the symbols on each robe and the bier. A single aspen leaf rested upon the altar, vibrant despite being separated from its tree.

“Traitor to the People. To the God that has given us life. To the land we call home, that we nurture and live alongside. Deshana Al’Medin, self proclaimed kin to Lazus Al’Medin, holy cleric of Lathander. Self-styled kin to Nilan Shadowstalker, Drow elven assassin. For crimes against the Land we serve, against the Gods who shelter us are you punished. For conspiracy against Our Queen, and Our Lord are you punished. Deshana Al’Medin, by the Will of our Lord Corellon are you forever banned from Arvandor. You shall never pass into the Blessed Isle to join kin and Our gods. I, Ashemiem Autumnmoon, known also as Winterheart, humbly serve as the Voice of Corellon in this. You are forever after banished. The Last Refuge is denied to you.” Emerald eyes blazing in fury at the sentence pronounced, Ashemiem stared into the surrounding trees as the words spilled forth from his lips. His calloused hands, worn from battle in the name of Corellon, clenched helplessly as he acted upon his duty.

One by one, the watching elves turned their back on the clearing, until only Ashemiem gazed down at the bier. The aspen leaf resting there slowly shriveled, turning black and crumbling into dust at the end of the pronouncement. It lay upon the stone, until a slight breeze blew through and scattered the ashes that represented Deshana Al’Medin’s link to the People.

------------------
Mplor group-says 'dugmaren must be very proud... he levels us up in smoke and de-levels us in muspelheim'
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:37 am

Malacar gazed down at the clearing sadly, his heart full of sorrow. The breeze hit his dark blue robes and made them swirl about him, as he held his head low.

Drifting silently under the influence of his spell of flight, he avoided other elves as they wandered away. Not so much because he didn't desire their company (which he didn't), but because he was invisibile, watching from above as the rite was performed.

"So much needless loss. So much misunderstanding. So much lack of knowledge." he muttered quietly to himself.

He thought, in his heart, that Deshana was simply too naive to realize what she had done. Too inexperienced. Too willful. Youth had not served her well in this instance. Being denied entry to Arvandor was one of the cruelest punishments that could be wrought upon a living elf. It effectively outcasted them... Ostracized them from other elves complete.

He sighed heavily again and drifted back towards his tower, listening vaguely to the words of the other council members grumbing and mumbling to themselves in small groups.

Many didn't know the implications of this, nor did they care. They were simply serving their Queen, and her bidding. Most were unaware of the icy heart of their monarch.

Most didn't care about that, either.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:59 am

ooc note, mildly amusing is the fact that desh has been trying to dissuade the attack of evermeet and the queen all this time, and swore to protect Lueth even from Nilans people and Nilan. just that she couldn't fight him personally.
and she never plotted against the queen.

ic Desh is accepting of her fate, by this time realizing there is far too much hatred in the elves for them ever to care enough to see beyond their noses.

------------------
Deshana Al'Medin, Druid of Eilistraee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cold Fire Frozen Spirit
IcePhoenix.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elarin tells you 'heh 'with allies like Desh, lets just not zone''
Thanuk group-says 'btw u all get to tell everyone u popped my cherry now:)'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:30 am

“Xal lloth plynn dosst quortek, Tel’Quessir,” Nilan spat as he watched the light fade from the eyes of the young elven sentry. The horrified death mask the guard wore caused even the drow to shudder momentarily as shaking hands pulled the curved blade from the man’s chest. Nilan glanced around the forest, the darkness of the night serving to hide his features from any that might be patrolling the area. Satisfied that the sentry had been alone, Nilan slowly crept from the shadows. As agile as a cat, the assassin padded through the forest drawing himself closer and closer to the torch lights that shown in the distance.

The path that Nilan followed, was a path he had traveled before. Nilan stopped as memories flooded his mind. Images of a beautiful Elven priestess knelt over him. “Elisten….”, the assassin whispered, though no one was around to hear. Nilan glanced back in the direction of the dead elven sentry. “Forgive me….”, he let the rest of his words trail off, lost in the chill wind of the Evermeet night. Nilan placed a hand over the tiny mark on his chest, a mark he had carried from the day he had laid eyes upon the beautiful priestess who was now his wife. “I love you,” was all the assassin whispered as he darted through the dense brush that now covered the path he once knew.

As the drow approached the wooded clearing he glanced around, trained eyes easily spotting the less fortified access. His heart beat faster, the thrill of excitement and danger filling his soul. His thoughts focused on the druidess Deshana as he crept closer. The elven sentry had spoken of a ritual, moments before his blade had pierced his heart. Nilan recalled the words painfully. Only days ago she had pleaded with him to let her speak to the Queen of Evermeet. Nilan clutched the letter he had intercepted from a caravan the elven rogue Ashiwi had sent. He had brought it to the druids attention only days before and since then she was determined to set out for Evermeet.

“They must listen to the truth,” she had told him. “Perhaps bloodshed can be avoided, Nilan, I must try.”

Nilan thought back to his reaction, “They will never listen to you, Abbil. You will be treated much the same as I was while in the company of the surface mob and that tyrant Piergieron.”

“Still, I must try……”

Nilan spat at the ground in disgust. Anger welled within him as he approached the torch lit grove. Chants arose in a language Nilan could barely understand. The assassin crept closer. Light from candles and torches assaulted his eyes momentarily. Nilan squinted painfully slowly allowing his eyes to adjust. Elves in ceremonial blue robes, with hoods pulled over their heads, hid their faces from view. Nilan listened intently cursing himself for not being able to understand the elven tongue. His eyes scanned the darken grove, but he saw no sign of Deshana. One by one the hooded elves left the grove until only one remained, and this one bore no hood. Nilan glared angrily as he recognized the elf that conducted the ritual. “Ashemiem,” the assassin spat the name in disgust and his hand closed around a black bladed throwing dagger. In his other hand, Nilan held the message he had intercepted…the one written by Ashiwi, Ashemiem’s sister.

The drow rose to his feet, the dagger he clutched tightly in his hand. Silently, the assassin closed in on his target. Ashemiem gazed down into the bier which had been the focus of the ritual, unaware of the drow’s deadly approach. Nilan drew his arm back to let the blade fly, when a shrill cry arose behind him off in the direction of the dead sentry. Ashemiem glanced up and his gaze fell upon the drow. Nilan glared, hatred consumed him. He heard the sound of footsteps approaching from his back. The drow didn’t have to turn to recognize the sound of a bow string being pulled back.

“Xal nindol velve ragar dosst xukuth Eldalie auflaque,” the assassin growled dodging to his right as he let the blade fly. A barrage of arrows sailed overhead. Nilan cursed as he heard the sound of his dagger strike the tree near where Ashemiem had stood. Without looking back, Nilan summoned a globe of darkness and returned to the shadows of the night.

Ashemiem removed the assassin’s dagger from the tree. A note was imbedded in the blade, and the elf tore it free in order to read it. The writing was one he recognized.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Dearest Queen, greetings from Ashiwilyrienne Blackmane, daughter of Arilyn Autumnmoon, trader of Silverymoon. I fear I bring grave tidings …

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Crumpling the note, Ashemiem walked from the clearing. Once again he gazed in the direction the drow had fled.

Enjoy,

Excellent Post Ashemiem, Image Great story line, interesting idea, too

Had to add alil excitement to a tenuous situation, Was lotta fun, responding.

Thanks

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Drow Assassin
Husband to Elisten
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Deshana:
<B>ooc note, mildly amusing is the fact that desh has been trying to dissuade the attack of evermeet and the queen all this time, and swore to protect Lueth even from Nilans people and Nilan. just that she couldn't fight him personally.
and she never plotted against the queen.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOC and all, you told me you had helped Nilan out by roleplaying showing him places he could relocate his forces into Evermeet for his invasion, that you were helping him yes, but would not fight with him, that if he and his showed up on the island you would still fight with the elves. I reread that quite a few times to make sure I understood your intent before deciding to respond as I did, and only did so because you seemed to want to take on the role of traitor, thus your comment about becoming as much a traitor, if not more so, than Kymil. I made very sure I understood what you had RP'd doing so that my response would be in line, because I didn't want to make an accusation such as this in RP, in case the role of "traitor" was one you really didn't want to play.

I just figured that Nilan's been itching for this storyline to get rolling for a long time, this "invasion" he wants so badly, he's recruited a lot of people to his cause, so why not notch it up for them? Why in the world would somebody who was loyal to Evermeet just stand by watching it all and not respond? That didn't seem very "RP" and neither did hearing you so openly admit treason and not doing anything. ::shrug::

I based my actions upon yours, but if this is not a path you wish to take then it is easy enough to retract my story, this is only a game after all. I consider you a good friend Desh, and I've heard through the grapevine that you're not very happy about this turn of events at all. If you want to be able to RP actions of giving access to the island to drow and take on the title of "traitor" without any consequences then I shall issue an apology and step out, with regrets for the intrusion.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:46 pm

OOC - I'm with Ashiwi here. I was just going with the flow. If you don't want to be painted as such, I will immediately retract my lil snippet. You knows I luvs ya, Deshie! Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:46 pm

Trial to commence today.
Elisten
Sojourner

Postby Elisten » Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:18 am

Elisten's gasp echoed through the large room. The missive slipped slowly from her finger's and fell to the floor. Her slender hand moved to cover her mouth, her eyes wide. A few silent moments passed while terrible images ran through her head.

Slowly she moved to pick up the paper. Her eyes scanned the document once more, to be certain she understood it's content.

...I send sad tidings, M'Lady. I have heard tell that Deshana is to be executed this night for Treason to her Majesty and to the Elves of Evermeet...

Shaking her head in disbelief, Elisten muttered, "Treason?"

A tear slipped down her fair skinned face. "No. This will not happen." The elf's eyes gleamed with unshed tears as she turned for the door.

"Deshana is my sister and as such, I will never see her fall victim to the ruthless and unseeing eyes of our people."

Stopping for an instance before taking her leave, Elisten glanced at the painting of a beautiful elven maid. Elisten reached to brush her fingers over the portrait, as if to draw strength from it.

And then as she stepped over the threshold Elisten whispered, "Please guide my actions and help me to be strong. Please Mother, protect us all tonight."

[This message has been edited by Elisten (edited 12-09-2002).]
Ashemiem
Sojourner

Postby Ashemiem » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:31 pm

Wind whistled through the trees, the chill air carrying with it a promise of winter. The leaves had all turned shades of reds and golds, and had begun to drift to the ground in a natural rainbow. These trees were old; the forest of Tethir had stood for a long time. And had been settled by the wild elves for as long as Tel'Quessir remembered. Of late, they'd grown distant from their kin, these wild elves. It was an issue to consider some other time; these were still Corellon's children but Ashemiem had a different elf to think about this day.

"Come my kin. You know what I am, there is no reason to hide," he spoke softly in elvish, into the undergrowth. He sensed the life all about, but there was no danger. The wild elves didn't necessarily like their other civilized cousins, but neither did they slay them out of hand.

From the tree above, the reply came. "You do not belong here," it snarled in elvish. "You make too much noise, in your metal armor. Leave us alone, we're fine without you Evermeet elves butting in."

Ashemiem looked up, eyes scanning until he picked out the carefully hidden figure in the tree across from him. "I am not here to... butt in. I will leave you to your own devices, but for the sake of all our people I ask a favor. One that shouldn't prove too troublesome for you."

The watcher swung down, moving with the grace and agility that was inherent to all elves. "We don't owe you or yours any favors," he growled when he reached the forest floor, staring boldly at the cleric.

Ashemiem nodded. "True enough, which is why I am asking you for this. I need to speak with somebody who frequents this area. It's easier and less disruptive if you just carry the message to her for me. Will you do this simple task, in exchange for me making my way free of the forest?" he asked solicitously.

It was hard to read the elf's expression behind the warpaint that decorated his face and torso. The bow was slung comfortably across his back, ready at hand should anything threaten. He took a long moment, before nodding slowly at Ashemiem.

"Good. I seek Arilyn Moonblade; I see that you recognize the name. Tell her that Ashemiem Autumnmoon wishes to speak with her. I need information about shadows and rings. She'll know what I mean. Thank you," he said, reaching down to pick up his pack. When he turned back, the elf had already slipped away and disappeared. Ashemiem shrugged, shouldered his pack and continued on his journey.

------------------
Mplor group-says 'dugmaren must be very proud... he levels us up in smoke and de-levels us in muspelheim'

Return to “Stories”