Areas Updates

Updates and notes from the development staff.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Areas Updates

Postby Cyric » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:23 pm

OK, as was requested by many folks on the Soj3 board, I'm going to give this a try. Please realize that RL frequently causes delays in MUD work, but I'm going to start listing projects as I think of them, with projected completion dates.

1. Tiamat: Goal is to have this in by mid-November, or earlier if possible. 90% of the areas work is done, and most of the code stuff's done as well.

2. Object upgrades: All object upgrades complete, awaiting code patch to make the changes actually work for everyone. Goal is to have this in by Halloween.

3. Newbie zone: Majority of areas work is done, still need to work on the interactive part that will "teach" players how to buy/sell/kill/cough/etc. ETA is 1 month.

4. New zones: I'll list them in a separate post as we get closer with each one. It is entirely normal for a zone to sit on testmud for a year or more if a maker is busy in RL...typically there's a flurry of activity at the beginning of the process and near the end of the process, so I'll let you know as stuff...flurries. There are currently ~ 15 zones in various stages of completion on testmud.

Enjoy!
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:54 pm

Updates on the updates:

1. Tiamat: Areas work is still not done yet due to the emphasis on object changes. Also need to wait until code work is done to support the zones, and all coders are currently working on other good stuff you'll appreciate more...trust me. As a result I have no ETA on this at present.

2. Object upgrades: You know the deal with these...watch the appropriate threads.

3. Newbie zone: Just about done...I'm shooting for sometime before the end of the month, but the person working on them just had a family emergency, and I'm not sure when he'll back. As a start I've changed the rareload distro system today, and there *shouldn't* be aggro mobs loading in zones surrounding hometowns anymore.

4. New zones: There's one that's 99% done on testmud now, and should be finished within a week or two. Other than that, I'd only be speculating on others...maybe one more before the new year (not including the 3 zones that make-up the newbie system).

Return to “Archive”