Which evil race do you like best?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
namatoki
Sojourner

Which evil race do you like best?

Postby namatoki » Sat Feb 03, 2001 12:48 am

Well, since people have different preferences, I would like to know what people like to play. I mostly like playing mages so I tended to favor drow. I couldn't get over yuan-ti's lack of slots and squid's lack of con, so really the choice was rather simple. I love ultravision, but it really does suck when you can't see in the sun. RANT! Anyway, drow mages were imo very nice mages.

So, which race did you favor and why?

Nizrath (soon to be drow necro)
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Feb 03, 2001 1:46 am

As long as they are all dead, charred corpses then I like em just the same!

Lyt :)
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sat Feb 03, 2001 1:47 am

For warrior types Troll.
My first experience with evil was as a troll and one of the first things I noticed was that I could now attack things that my goodie counter part (Barbarian) couldn't hold a candle too.

For mage types Yuan-Ti.
After dieing 20 times or so on the island and finally figuring out how to get off the island repeatedly, the Yuan-Ti isn't too bad. The innates vipermind and viperskin get better with levels and sorta makes up for the loss of slots, but not completely. It was fun to play as a handicapped class (like most evil classes are) in that sense.

Why I dislike the others:
Not being able to see at times on the surface to me was too much of a sacrifice. Most of the time I was on the surface so this was a problem. Ogres have there purpose, but to me the heal time was unbareable for any soloing. As for a Troll/Ogre caster, heh memtimes were unbearable. With the innates on Yuan-Ti I could see a warrior doing well, but when weighed against the regen of Troll it's a toss up favoring Troll.

I'll likely pick up were I left off on Soj2 with my Yuan-Ti enchanter and as alts a Troll Warrior and Gnome Conjurer. The Gnome is a fun class to RP and conjurers get in groups easy after 21. Almost too easilly at times. I've only played a cleric type a little, but I may add a Druid or Cleric type after I get the others up in levels. For cleric I think I'd go Yuan-Ti as well. Necro is an interesting class, very powerful too. I do beleive I'd choose Yuan-Ti there too. Played an Illithid a tad, but it just didn't suit me.

Gindipple
Korin
Sojourner

Postby Korin » Sat Feb 03, 2001 3:07 am

I mostly play goodies.. but I always have atleast one evil.

My first character ever was also a troll warrior. That was fun, the regen is amazing. They take so much more than any other type of warrior. I didn't get him very big, but i can only imagine what they could do at high levels. I really liked yuan-ti for enchanters, which don't need much eq anyway. I also did my necro as yuan-ti and that worked quite nicely. unlike most tho, i stayed on the island till about level 8, i guess i just liked to role play there. I really liked the drow for role play purposes. The innates are great. I liked being a drow necro and did quite well, better than any other necro attempt.

I'm sure when i start again i will either do a troll warrior, or a drow necro, depending on if we get to start in Menzo yet :)
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Sat Feb 03, 2001 3:27 am

I like squids. They are probably the hardest race to play in the entire game but its just so much fun sucking the brains out from hapless victems.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sat Feb 03, 2001 7:37 am

I liked drows as caster :)

Great memtimes and twinkable innates.

/Jegzed
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 03, 2001 8:24 am

I liked drow warrior. I know they were weak and useless compared to trolls... but they were fun! Ok... only other race I tried was yuan-ti assassin... forgot his name (too many s's) and couldn't log him anymore. But he just wasn't as fun for some reason... heh.

Sarvis
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:00 pm

OGRE WARRIOR RAR!
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:43 pm

Squids were fun. Troll shaman is what I played mostly and was .00001 level from getting my TOTEM. Damn!

Azz/Gorrax
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:47 pm

Oh, i'll either go back to my squid or roll a Yuan Invoker for my prime. Secondary goona be a Yuan/human necro.

Azz/Ssrynssk
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Sun Feb 04, 2001 6:36 am

I have always favored Troll warriors, mostly 'cause of regen and that evils rule, heh I also have a barb shaman as an alt, usually Im not too big into casters though.

-Z
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:25 pm

Erm I had a 46th troll warrior, I like them. They are easy to work with, protect mage friends, bash mage enemies. :)

Truthfully the only class I know how to play is shaman though. So I'll probably make a troll shaman (ogre shamans are just plain silly, 55 seconds or something at 1st level for a armor, UGH!).
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:40 pm

Ogre shamans was THE thing to explore with :)

They were nobash for most part, they have good hp's. And with doorbash, conjurable elementals, heal, stoneskin and word of recall they were the perfect solo explore char.

And I even had a spirit raven! Just like the ship:)

/Jegzed
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Sun Feb 04, 2001 4:26 pm

Ah, thanks for the many responses all. It seems as though a lot of peeps favored warriors and the ultimate warrior race was indeed the troll. Just make sure that you keep a handy fire blanket with you (ie shaman or cleric with pff!).

Speaking of shaman, I hope there will be a new evil race that can be shaman. Yes, troll regen rocks and ogres hps and almost !bash is nice, but I really *hate* long mem times. I hope a half-orc or orc race comes in to ease the mem times a bit.

Continue your discussion!

Nizrath
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Sun Feb 04, 2001 5:12 pm

Troll Shaman... Get your hand off my Hyena!
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Mon Feb 05, 2001 12:11 am

I really didnt care for the half-orc races, imho I was perfectly satisfied with the races/class that Sojourn2 offered. I never did really like all thoes muds with tons and TONS of races/classes to be but even if afew new races were implimented into S3 I wouldnt complain as long as I get to smash stuffs w/ my trollie =P

-Z
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:18 am

If my memory serve me right, I believe Lich is the best there is for evil. If u consider it a race or class.
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:36 am

I personally favored Trolls... to play with not as. Troll warriors were simply awsome for tanking. Motog... Serella, Gogan, Turg the list goes on. For sheer damage and exploitability it was ogre all the way. Back when shield punch or whatever that atrocity was named did not exist, we'd use 2 or 3 ogre warriors bodyslamming efreeti in brass... and it was good :)

Tagad Sigil / Deregan Blackhammer
Uggrur
Sojourner

Postby Uggrur » Tue Feb 06, 2001 9:55 pm

For solo as a warrior, troll warriors were indeed the best (Uggrur Crushbone (afk))

But i always held much respect for the ogre warriors, they had a little edge at the higher levels ..... if they were as suicidal as the trolls that is
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Tue Feb 06, 2001 11:48 pm

solo leveling is rough as a ogre warrior though Image Though I'll be one this time around too, btw where is Ossisna!!!! He better be coming back.

Braggo Boulderbasher
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Wed Feb 07, 2001 7:53 pm

Challenge is the thing!, while drows kick so damn much a.. in the dark, it's really entertaining to run around in daylight and lead a bounch of folks while you are "guessing" dirs to get where you want and hoping to NOT make the wrong turn and enter a hella-big-lvl area (expecting bonks!)... im sure some folks might remember those times and still laugh Image
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:35 pm

Heh, I remember having my path to BG from DK and *hoping* that I run safely past the damn pallie-dork and his group in the damn daylight. Oh what a joy it was to feel your heart pounding not knowing if your next path will lead you smack into the waiting arms of the pallie-dork and his goons.

I can't wait to roll my drow in Menzo and stay in the beautiful *darkness*!!! Image

Nizrath
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:39 pm

the pink fuzzy bunny!!! i wanna be an evil pink fuzzy bunny warrior!!!
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Wed Feb 07, 2001 10:06 pm

Vazzgo!!! he's back from the evil duris

Braggo
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Thu Feb 08, 2001 6:46 pm

well as a paladin i like evils as long as they are dead Image but when i play an evil i like my troll warrior, gota love that regen Image
Arrtiliss
Sojourner

Postby Arrtiliss » Fri Feb 09, 2001 9:27 am

Sssssnakess..... arrrre gooooood....
they loook leethaaal.... i'll say assassins are fun to play...i get every joy in it every time i make a successful backstab. Especially with poisons!
Zhadow
Sojourner

Postby Zhadow » Sun Mar 04, 2001 2:17 am

Zrshu Image

Troll and Ogre warrior ... regen, strength and ogggglinesss ... no one can match troll and ogre Image
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:09 am

drow assassins were great, and my troll warrior, dooger invis was great for traveling surface areas... but leading a group of ppl who cant see in the day just sucks in bg :-) cant remember the whole group i had though...
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Sun Mar 04, 2001 7:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thurg:
drow assassins were great, and my troll warrior, dooger invis was great for traveling surface areas... but leading a group of ppl who cant see in the day just sucks in bg :-) cant remember the whole group i had though...</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lead in the dark Image daylight sucks. nog me

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”