international travel

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

international travel

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:53 pm

my barbaric ass has never left the country. i don't want to get a travel agent, i don't wanna fly first class. i am in the us, and i want to be in france for one month.

i could give a rats ass how long the flight is, if the pilot knows how to speak english, anything. i just want to leave philadelphia ASAP and arrive in paris.

i have tried searching online, but my luck is almost non existent in making sense of promotions or flights or anything. i hear about cheap flights, then i get told its 2k to book a flight to paris. fuck that, hook me up, yo.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:31 pm

Try booking a flight with a stopover in London... it should be a lot cheaper. Even a flight from the US to London, then another from London to Paris.

OR

US to London, then theres a bullet train from london to paris which might be pretty cool too (via the chunnel and all that I believe).
kolasi
Sojourner

Postby kolasi » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:13 pm

tried orbitz.com and travelocity.com ?

tix are cheaper in the winter than summer, and stopovers always are cheaper than direct flights

paid $420 for wash dc to barcelona in october
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:37 pm

try get a last minute ticket at the airport to like anywhere in europe, then catch a train from where ye land to paris, dont travel w the expresstrains its just double the price, from like anywhere in europe to paris ye can go by train to paris for max like $100-$150, last min travel across the atlantic shuld be no more than $250. this might make travel kinda long tho, but train through europe is the best way to go. you could also buy an interrail ticket through erope wich grants 30 days unlimited travel by train (express fees and seating fees might be added at some trains), cost like $300 (correct me if im rong someone:P)

/fil
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:35 pm

I took a trip to Europe this summer. Do yourself a favor and use a travel agent. It's like $50 and they help so much. If you are planning this trip for a ways off, they will watch the ticket prices and let you know when a good deal comes along. I had my travel agent looking for 4 months for good prices because I went in to talked to her like a year before hand.

I took singapore ailrlines when I went. The best plane I've flown in. It had individual LCD monitors in the backs of each seat and you could choose your movies or music or nintendo. They passed out hot towels at the begening and end of the flight. All for less than $1000.

I flew into Amsterdam because it was alot cheaper, and trained around to Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence. and back to Amsterdam in two weeks. If you plan on seeing more that France look into EuroRail passes. I didn't go first class by any means. The travel agent even helped us find hostels to stay in. (We ended up saving enough money by sleeping on overnight trains to afford to stayin hotels instead of hostels)

Oh and one more thing, make sure you have a god damn time card that works. Nothing sucks more than paying for a big mac with mastercard.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:47 pm

Why france? :D
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:58 pm

moritheil wrote:Why france? :D

Well he went from warrior to enchanter, so he needs to learn how to run away instead of fighting. Vive La France!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:18 pm

i could care less about traveling around europe or nancing around - there is a girl waiting for me in paris, and i'll be damned if im gonna sit around in the us while she is there.

travelocity is having problems, yahoo is having problems, orbitz didn't impress me much. bleh.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:52 pm

I don't know if this helps or not, but on abcnews.com, they had something about last minute trips...

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/business ... 30225.html

There's also a couple websites they mention you may want to try :)
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:00 pm

There are lots of girls waiting for you in Amsterdamn. Just head a bit west off the square...
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:25 pm

I read once about how you can get free or very cheap travel to europe if you agree to be a courier and personally deliver stuff once you get there. I dunno if its legit but maybe you can find out about it.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:37 pm

Corth wrote:I read once about how you can get free or very cheap travel to europe if you agree to be a courier and personally deliver stuff once you get there.

And you can get generously discounted fares coming back, too, as long as you don't mind the taste of latex.
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:49 am

Corth wrote:I read once about how you can get free or very cheap travel to europe if you agree to be a courier and personally deliver stuff once you get there. I dunno if its legit but maybe you can find out about it.

you could go to miami and go to the bar "little havanna" then talk to ramon. tell him rodrigues sent you, ramon then will get you setup for a travel to bogota and he will give you further instructions, you will end up in amsterdam , where hans will give you $5000. ramon wil cover all travel expenses... :twisted:
/fil
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:11 am

Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:20 pm

Daz found a french chick!

lets hear it for hairy arm pits and lack of personal hygene!

whoot!

Bah France.
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:00 pm

Check out www.cheaptickets.com

I threw in the Leaving Date of March 28 and Returning Date of April 8, leaving from La Guardia (sp) in NYC arriving in Paris at CDG. This is on Air Canada.

Doh! You did say Philly! I'll Look again and edit. :)

Price was $342.81.

Also....if you want to leave sooner...using same cities and the Dates March 9 and April 8....cost was $343.81 on American Airlines.

I've found this site to better than most of the others.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Ok....best I have found is Leaving Philidelphia Intl. (PHL) on Mar 2 going to Paris (CDG) returning on April 1was $360.25 on Lufthansa.

And if you can leave tomorrow...PHL to CDG Feb 27 to Mar 28...just $318.82 on Air France. This flight leaves at 5:20pm :)
Last edited by Tesil2 on Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:14 pm

Perhaps a reservation at Altitude 95 is in order? Not extremly expensive, like $15-20 a plate, but a great view. Le Jules Verne is the really expensive one.

http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk/pr ... tml?id=1_2
kolasi
Sojourner

Postby kolasi » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:17 pm

damn..howd this turn into bashing people and country...I could say that maybe hes going cause hes tried of pasty beer fart smelling americans, but I wouldnt do that.

It all depends on how you like travelling, if you dont mind waiting at airports, trying to find bus stations, and scouting out hostels you can travel very cheap. The more frills the more $ youll have to spend.

And make sure to bring mighty euros with you when you come back, they go a long way in the states.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:41 pm

actually corth, i found what i was looking for :) round trip tickets to paris for a month stay for 250 bucks.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”